Factory Resetting-Clearing DJI Mavic Pro & Controller
13054 6 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

Hi All.  Need some quick help resetting my DJI Mavic Pro and its' controller or clearing my information and registration from the drone and controller.
BACKGROUND:  Learned that my insurance company will not insure my professional video services if we use a drone AND companies that will insure our operations with us having a drone the rate is 2 to 4 times the price and limited coverage.

NEED:  Accordingly, I've sold the unit and need to factory reset both the Mavic Pro drone and its' respective controller and remove it from my account or similar so that my personal information and account information is not in the respective units.

Your help with directions on how to do this will be greatly appreciated in advance for those who respond.

2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Dimento, the drone info under the account is not able to unregister, so it can not be removed. Factory reset for the drone and RC can only reset the settings of the drone to the factory. But we won't reveal the customer's info. Thank you for your support.
2017-12-5
Use props
DrDimento
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the help.  I sure appreciate the help.  I can ship it. Thank you.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans695cfcc6
New

United Kingdom

Hi - I have gone through the process of restoring the factory setings on my Mavic Pro so I can sell it but expected it not to fly after doing so, yet it did.  Is that because it is still using my mobile device and app?  Once sold and someone adds their own device, would that then force them to register the drone to them before they can fly it?  Just want to be sure it won't be flown and any ianppropriate flying won't come back at me?
Thanks for any help/advice.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans695cfcc6 Posted at 2018-8-5 13:53
Hi - I have gone through the process of restoring the factory setings on my Mavic Pro so I can sell it but expected it not to fly after doing so, yet it did.  Is that because it is still using my mobile device and app?  Once sold and someone adds their own device, would that then force them to register the drone to them before they can fly it?  Just want to be sure it won't be flown and any ianppropriate flying won't come back at me?
Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend if you're about to sell the drone, please reformat the SD card and let the new owner aware of the warranty period of the drone. Once the drone was activated, the new owner doesn't need to activate it again, however, he'll be needing to create a new DJI account for him to access the drone and maximize the usage of the aircraft. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-6
Use props
Africatwin69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12576621 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-5 23:28
Hi Dimento, the drone info under the account is not able to unregister, so it can not be removed. Factory reset for the drone and RC can only reset the settings of the drone to the factory. But we won't reveal the customer's info. Thank you for your support.

Hi admin, i was looking for info on factory reset on my Mavic pro as there are firmware issue currently. My GPS is working intermittently and halfway thru flight it can go into ATTI mode which is very unstable.

I have tried flashing firmware on both aircraft and controller for numerous time but issue was not resolve.

I would like to reset the aircraft to factory setting so that i can slowly upgrade the firmware from 0100 to 0500 , hopefully to resolve current issue.

Thanks
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Africatwin69@ya Posted at 1-14 18:38
Hi admin, i was looking for info on factory reset on my Mavic pro as there are firmware issue currently. My GPS is working intermittently and halfway thru flight it can go into ATTI mode which is very unstable.

I have tried flashing firmware on both aircraft and controller for numerous time but issue was not resolve.

Hi Africatwin69@ya, you can try to restore the factory settings on the DJI Assistant 2.
In your case, may I know if the drone crashed before? If the drone enters ATTI mode very frequently in an environment with a decent GPS signal, I may suggest that you send the drone in for diagnosis directly.
Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules