Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles - Movie Playback
4743 25 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 4971991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a bit of a curiosity question here.  Why can't you simply copy an MP4, MOV, or WMA video file to a MicroSD & play it back on the goggles?  The goggles include built-in demo videos so they can obviously play video files.  Why do they only allow you to play raw videos recorded on a DJI aircraft?  Am I missing something?  The goggles should allow this and if they don't I would certainly offer this common sense suggestion for a goggle firmware update.
2017-12-5
Use props
Skyp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9653 ft
China

As far as I know, this feature for white goggles is coming soon.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator

China

Hi, sir. For now, we do not support users to copy video in SD cards and watch it through goggles. We would recommend users watch the recording 1080p videos from drones.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans68b4e288
lvl.1
Austria

This Feature ist at This point only for the goggles re but dji grace confirmed in an Otter post that it will Code for the normal goggle as an firmware update.
2017-12-6
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

It does work.
The problem is the audio codec. I've played several movies (MP4) I copied to the microSD card but the sound does not play.
I would have to sped some more time identifying a proper sound format.

And, by the way, the picture quality is very good.
2017-12-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I bet it looks great.  I'd love to be able to copy a few of my produced missions to a MicroSD & enjoy them on the goggles.  Would be a great way to show off the capability of the goggles to others as well.  This seems to be any easy addition & something they should add quickly.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-12-6 20:21
It does work.
The problem is the audio codec. I've played several movies (MP4) I copied to the microSD card but the sound does not play.
I would have to sped some more time identifying a proper sound format.

Hello, Sir, this function is not fully supported in Goggles at this moment, please pay attention to our website about the future firmware release, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119454 ft
United States

I am able to do this on the latest firmware. Confirmed this morning with a movie in MP4 file format. Looks okay from the googles. I wish DJI would support exfat format instead of just fat32 for the sd card.
2018-2-13
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 01:24
Hi, sir. For now, we do not support users to copy video in SD cards and watch it through goggles. We would recommend users watch the recording 1080p videos from drones.

I'm having trouble with playback of MP4 video from the MicroSD on both the original & RE goggles.  Either the file wont show up in the directory (on root of MicroSD) or if it does it doesn't play.  I wonder if you could have the engineers have a look at the file & ascertain why it won't playback?  Would also be appreciated if they could add WMV  (Windows) as a supported format?

MP4 Sample
2018-2-15
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 226199 ft
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-15 08:38
I'm having trouble with playback of MP4 video from the MicroSD on both the original & RE goggles.  Either the file wont show up in the directory (on root of MicroSD) or if it does it doesn't play.  I wonder if you could have the engineers have a look at the file & ascertain why it won't playback?  Would also be appreciated if they could add WMV  (Windows) as a supported format?

MP4 Sample

Is there anything new about playing .mov or .mp4 via the RE goggles? Still trying...
2018-2-19
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-19 13:43
Is there anything new about playing .mov or .mp4 via the RE goggles? Still trying...

Still waiting for a resolution.
2018-2-19
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 226199 ft
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-19 13:46
Still waiting for a resolution.

Dji is advertising:

More Video Options

DJI Goggles RE play videos in a variety of different formats, including MP4, MOV, and MKV, so users have even more ways to experience immersive media. Users can also view 6K 360-degree panoramas.

I am not able to play any of these formats. (Except I plug into my sd card of one of my drones)

So dji, maybe one of your admins can give an andvise how to do this?

2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator

China

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-15 08:38

MP4 Sample

Sorry for the late response. Please tell me the firmware of your goggles. I would forward this video. Thanks for your patience.
2018-2-28
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-28 00:10
Sorry for the late response. Please tell me the firmware of your goggles. I would forward this video. Thanks for your patience.

Just updated both goggles to the latest.  .300 for white ones.  .200 for RE set.

The video shows up in the directory with a blank thumbnail image.  When I attempt to play I get sound only for about 45 seconds at which point the sound begins to stumble & eventually stops. Same with both goggles.

Please forward the video I linked to the engineers & see if they can figure it out.  Thank you.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator

China

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-10 07:19
Just updated both goggles to the latest.  .300 for white ones.  .200 for RE set.

The video shows up in the directory with a blank thumbnail image.  When I attempt to play I get sound only for about 45 seconds at which point the sound begins to stumble & eventually stops. Same with both goggles.

Thanks for your update. I would forward this video.
2018-3-12
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It is due to hardware driver not compatible with some MPEG4 video. You can try to convert this video to H264 format.
2018-3-15
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

Just tried playback on the RE goggles with the latest firmware (.500).  Still doesn't work.  
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-29 08:31
Just tried playback on the RE goggles with the latest firmware (.500).  Still doesn't work.

Sorry about this. Could you upload some sample videos of playback issue? We'd like to forward to our engineers for further checking.
2018-7-2
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-2 03:48
Sorry about this. Could you upload some sample videos of playback issue? We'd like to forward to our engineers for further checking.

Have to repost to Google Drive.  Will upload later.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-7-2 04:35
Have to repost to Google Drive.  Will upload later.

Thank you so much! Please keep us posted here.
2018-7-6
Use props
Galen Garber
New
United States

It is actually possible to copy videos to the sdcard and play them back in the Goggles , but first the sdcard must be indexed by the drone.
In other words there must be at least one or two videos on the sdcard taken by the drone before inserting into the DJI Goggles.
The videos must be copied to the DCIM folder, then renamed DJI_0001,DJI_0002,ect,ect,ect.
The DJI Goggles will now recognize those files, minus a video thumbnail, only a blank video image will appear in the Goggles.
2018-9-3
Use props
PilotPete
lvl.2
United States

Galen  Garber Posted at 2018-9-3 15:34
It is actually possible to copy videos to the sdcard and play them back in the Goggles , but first the sdcard must be indexed by the drone.
In other words there must be at least one or two videos on the sdcard taken by the drone before inserting into the DJI Goggles.
The videos must be copied to the DCIM folder, then renamed DJI_0001,DJI_0002,ect,ect,ect.

Clever idea to fool the software into playing your video. So if the drone has put DJI_0001 and DJI_0002 on the card, do I rename my videos DJI_0001 and DJI_0002 to replace the existing videos? Or can I rename the new videos DJI_0003 and DJI_0004?
2018-9-9
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Russian Federation

I bought a Goggles RE and now I'm trying to play movies on it. I Formatted the microSD card in the Goggles RE and here's the directories in it:
1-27 07:23
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Russian Federation

I bought a Goggles RE and now I'm trying to play movies on it. I Formatted the microSD card in the Goggles RE and here's the directories in itJI_ALBUM
DJI_ANALOG_RECORD
DJI_LIVEVIEW_RECORD
DJI_PANO
DJI_PHOTO
DJI_SCREEN_CAPTURE
DJI_VIDEO
USER_MEDIA

I tried to put my MOV and MP4 files into the DJI_VIDEO and USER_MEDIA directories but the Goggles RE won't see it in "Local Storage" - saying the "file list is empty".
How can I playback my videos?

I couldn't fibd the answer in the FAQ and in the Manual.
1-27 07:28
Use props
densteini2
lvl.1

Romania

Now you can watch all latest movies, TV shows and series for free on Android devices using MediaBox HD app. Download MediaBox HD apk and enjoy all HD movies and TV shows for free.
2-2 02:08
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Russian Federation

Mike Shock Posted at 1-27 07:28
I bought a Goggles RE and now I'm trying to play movies on it. I Formatted the microSD card in the Goggles RE and here's the directories in itJI_ALBUM
DJI_ANALOG_RECORD
DJI_LIVEVIEW_RECORD

https://forum.dji.com/thread-100146-1-1.html
2-8 01:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules