Just purchased, Wifi says no internet connection
5244 7 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

I followed the instructions to set up the wifi. I entered the default password and it keeps saying no internet connection.

2017-12-5
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

No problem, disregard that notification. The Remote is a wifi device that will never connect to the "internet" at any time, it only requires a password to connect to your display device. Very similar to "Bluetooth"
2017-12-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

If it is your device that’s saying that then it’s normal, can you fly ok.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it is normal for P3S as it uses WiFi, no worries.
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-12-5 22:54
No problem, disregard that notification. The Remote is a wifi device that will never connect to the "internet" at any time, it only requires a password to connect to your display device. Very similar to "Bluetooth"

I could not see my Phantom 3 Standard camera on my phone. Its just blank. I turned the controller on and the drone. Is there something I am missing?
2017-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Go to settings on your phone and select dji under wifi
2017-12-6
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

turn rc on first and then ac and then wait for the led light on rc to turn green.and then find the phantom wifi on phone under wifi.and then start the go app.if you are connected to the phantom wifi you should be able to see thrue the camera on phone
2017-12-6
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

djiuser_Jszp1yO Posted at 2017-12-6 07:08
I could not see my Phantom 3 Standard camera on my phone. Its just blank. I turned the controller on and the drone. Is there something I am missing?

Are you seeing the  "Phantom xxxx" on the wifi drop down list in the phone's wifi settings and is it showing connected? If so, verify if the link button on the side of the aircraft is green and also the the led on the right side of the remote's power switch. There is a link procedure explained in the manual to reset the wifi by using the gimbal tilt wheel and S2 switch.
This YouTube video is really good for Phantom3 Standard users that are just starting off. Watching this video may clear up some of the initial confusion experienced by a first timer.
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules