Drone disconnected with non apple cable
621 7 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creativeshutter
New
United States

I upgraded to latest phantom4 firmware and the DJI GO 4 app will not connect with non apple cable. I tried with 2 different cables and it won't work. I had to borrow an original cable from a friend to check and the drone was able to connect fine.

Is there anyway i can use non apple cables to connect? I tried both iphone and ipad and its same issue.

Please help.

Saket
creativeshutter.com
2017-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Saket,

Sorry, but the Apple Lightning Cable is required due to the configuration of the wires in the cable.  Other USB cables do not use the same wiring pattern.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-5
Use props
creativeshutter
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-5 23:03
Aloha Saket,

Sorry, but the Apple Lightning Cable is required due to the configuration of the wires in the cable.  Other USB cables do not use the same wiring pattern.  Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply but my drone has been working with old cables for last 1 year. Just because of a firmware upgrade this should not happen. I am guessing something else has broken it.

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Saket, the original APP cable is recommended. For the non-original cables, we can not ensure the performance and stability.
2017-12-6
Use props
creativeshutter
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-6 00:14
Hi Saket, the original APP cable is recommended. For the non-original cables, we can not ensure the performance and stability.

Thanks Susan.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure. Welcome to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-12-7
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a couple of shorter cables for my iPad Mini 2 to my P4.  They worked for a while, but then I had problems.  I found that I must use an "Apple Approved" cable.  Once I purchased a couple of these, no problems.  They are a bit more expensive, however.
2017-12-7
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

mtnlandpix Posted at 2017-12-7 11:54
I purchased a couple of shorter cables for my iPad Mini 2 to my P4.  They worked for a while, but then I had problems.  I found that I must use an "Apple Approved" cable.  Once I purchased a couple of these, no problems.  They are a bit more expensive, however.

Mostly cheaper products are cheaper because of short-cuts, cheaper quality materials or simplified manufacturing procedures. Apple could also make cheaper products, I am not sure that is the correct thing to do.
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules