Google play services
4248 8 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eColumbia01
lvl.4
United States

We are transferring our app to work on crystal sky. At this time google play services are not implemented which is fine. My question is there a approximate timeline to implement google play services on the crystal sky devices?

We are not looking to list our app on the google play store, instead we want to use other google play services such as google maps.

Thanks,
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please note that install the third party app in crystal sky may have problems. We would not recommend users install those apps. Anything wrong with the map on your crystal sky?
2017-12-6
Use props
eColumbia01
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 01:16
Hi, sir. Please note that install the third party app in crystal sky may have problems. We would not recommend users install those apps. Anything wrong with the map on your crystal sky?

We currently use a custom DJI app for a specific enterprise use. The mapping portion is minor and other than we need a map, it is not particularly important in our custom app.

Since DJI opened crystal sky to 3rd party apps, we jumped at the chance to put our apps on it for a variety of reasons.

I'm concerned by your recommendation not to place a 3rd party app on crystal sky. Is there a timeframe on when you expect crystal sky to be stable enough to have 3rd party apps installed on it?

Also - back to my original question - do you have a approximate time frame when google play services will be allowed on the crystal sky devices?
2017-12-6
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Don't think they will. I believe DJI want to keep a "clean " Andoid device(( keep control).
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

eColumbia01 Posted at 2017-12-6 09:13
We currently use a custom DJI app for a specific enterprise use. The mapping portion is minor and other than we need a map, it is not particularly important in our custom app.

Since DJI opened crystal sky to 3rd party apps, we jumped at the chance to put our apps on it for a variety of reasons.

Hello, Sir. CrystalSky runs its own custom-made Android system, in order to ensure its stability, we do not support Googles Frames Service, we have no idea if it will be available in the future, please pay attention to its release notes, thanks for the understanding.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

eColumbia01 Posted at 2017-12-6 09:13

Sorry that I have no idea about this. We will release the announcement on our website if we have plan on it.
2017-12-8
Use props
eColumbia01
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-8 02:54
Sorry that I have no idea about this. We will release the announcement on our website if we have plan on it.

Thank for the responses. We will look for the release notes in the future regarding cs and google services.
2017-12-8
Use props
fansaf92726b
lvl.3
Switzerland

We're also looking for a solution to this issue. We have also built a custom app which used the Maps SDK from Google and it doesn't work for the DJI AG410 controller from the Phantom 4 RTK drone.
Is there any news about this issue? Or a way around it by using another controller?
2019-2-18
Use props
jollyroger8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules