Constant Strong Wireless Interference
821272 821272 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Flew today in an area I fly in often. Had several flights with a Mavic and no problems. Every flight with the P4Pro was constantly showing a Strong Wireless Interference message.
DJI, can you advise if this is indicating a problem with my P4Pro.
I was in an open area, well away from towns. I just don't understand why the P4 Pro throws up these warning messages when the Mavic doesn't.
2017-12-5
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Good question!
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Jenee, do you still get the warning if switch to 5.8 GHz? The Mavic uses the Ocusync and P4P uses the latest Lightbridge technology, so the sensitivity are different.
2017-12-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using a Crystalsky by any chance ?
2017-12-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As Susan suggest it might help by locking a channel in the 5.8Ghz range. For me the 2.4 was rendered useless after the 01.04.0602 update no matter where i have been flying.
Unfortunately in CE land the 5.8Ghz has a very bad range due to a mix of RC nature and lower transmit power.
2017-12-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your if your device (tablet) has cellular and if you are using a phone try putting the device into Airplane Mode. Also you can jump up to 5.8 on the P4P
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 23:55
Hello Jenee, do you still get the warning if switch to 5.8 GHz? The Mavic uses the Ocusync and P4P uses the latest Lightbridge technology, so the sensitivity are different.

Susan, 5.8ghz is rather useless as it does not have the range and the picture shown on my ipad breaks up.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-12-6 05:11
Are you using a Crystalsky by any chance ?

No, I am using an ipad mini 4.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-6 05:19
As Susan suggest it might help by locking a channel in the 5.8Ghz range. For me the 2.4 was rendered useless after the 01.04.0602 update no matter where i have been flying.
Unfortunately in CE land the 5.8Ghz has a very bad range due to a mix of RC nature and lower transmit power.

Thanks but the 5.8ghz range is just not good enough.  If my P4Pro hasn't developed a defect then there may be an issue in the latest GO4 update v4.1.18.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-6 05:29
If your if your device (tablet) has cellular and if you are using a phone try putting the device into Airplane Mode. Also you can jump up to 5.8 on the P4P

Tried airplane mode and makes no difference. 5.8ghz really isn't an option.
2017-12-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-6 17:16

Have you tried using a android device to isolate the problem to the IOS version 4.1.18 of DJI Go4
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_hkRhBwT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Had same problem with phantom  turned off Wi-Fi worked
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-12-6 17:18
Have you tried using a android device to isolate the problem to the IOS version 4.1.18 of DJI Go4

I haven't tried android and really don't want the hassle. Every android device I was able to try in the past,  had constant app crashing so that would just add to the problem. I bought the Ipad mini 4 just for flying my drones so it basically has no other apps on it other than the necessary ones and the GO 4 app.
It is obviously in the Lightbridge technology as the Mavic does not have the problem using the same ipad mini 4.
I really wanted some sort of confirmation that my P4Pro had not developed a problem. Seems like it is another ongoing issue with the P4Pro that others experience as well.
2017-12-6
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

I have had the same issue with my P4, I’m flying it in the same location I always fly it with no new tech in the area and have never had this issue before in the nearly 2 years I’ve been flying it here. It seems to be only since previous Go4 update.
Tried putting my iPad in aeroplane mode and I still get the warning.
2017-12-6
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30653 ft
United States

mic75 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:15
I have had the same issue with my P4, I’m flying it in the same location I always fly it with no new tech in the area and have never had this issue before in the nearly 2 years I’ve been flying it here. It seems to be only since previous Go4 update.

If you upload your flight .dat to airdata, they have an option to view signal strength and interupts or errors...at exactly what location.. A Lot of people have dual band modems then they did even a year ago...I had this error on a 20 min flight and found in flight data where i was gettings signal distrupts...mind you none was strong enough to loose signal and tbh i was out of sight....i live in the woods and fly out with fingers crossed on battery strength & hope the winds dont change i do have a field to ditch in easy though...
2017-12-6
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

mic75 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:15
Tried putting my iPad in aeroplane mode and I still get the warning.

I really do think its in account to setting being set to auto, and it just detectings the obscene amount of wifi traffic. 5ghz does really interupt alot more then 2.4ghz.
2017-12-6
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

sednalb Posted at 2017-12-6 20:22
I really do think its in account to setting being set to auto, and it just detectings the obscene amount of wifi traffic. 5ghz does really interupt alot more then 2.4ghz.

No new modems as I know my neighbors, also I’m more than a 100m from the nearest house.
2017-12-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

All the high tech talk aside, I've been getting these errors/warnings since day one with my P4P (Sep this year) and it does not matter where I fly.  All with earlier versions of the GO4 app up till now, it has gotten to the point that I'm ignoring them although they concern me still.  I've had my devices turned off, airplane, etc. nothing seems to stop them.  If there is a reason I'd like to know but it is going to take more than guessing from what I see about this issue.  I find it interesting that the Mavic is OK but the Phantom is not...there is likely a good technical clue there but none of the advice so far has had the desired effect.  While I don't know for sure, I am chalking it up to the app or an overly sensitive frequency monitor, but as I said it bothers me when I see these.
2017-12-6
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:50
All the high tech talk aside, I've been getting these errors/warnings since day one with my P4P (Sep this year) and it does not matter where I fly.  All with earlier versions of the GO4 app up till now, it has gotten to the point that I'm ignoring them although the concern me still.  I've had my devices turned off, airplane, etc. nothing seems to stop them.  If there is a reason I'd like to know but it is going to take more than guessing from what I see about this issue.  I find it interesting that the Mavic is OK but the Phantom is not...there is likely a good technical clue there but none of the advice so far has had the desired effect.  While I don't know for sure, I am chalking it up to the app or an overly sensitive frequency monitor, but as I said it bothers me when I see these.

Thanks Genghis9, i just got my p4p literally a few days ago, and assumed this was standard in a high populous area with ALOT of routers...But i did get its right away from my home and its on 3 acres off the road in the middle of the woods.
2017-12-6
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:50
All the high tech talk aside, I've been getting these errors/warnings since day one with my P4P (Sep this year) and it does not matter where I fly.  All with earlier versions of the GO4 app up till now, it has gotten to the point that I'm ignoring them although the concern me still.  I've had my devices turned off, airplane, etc. nothing seems to stop them.  If there is a reason I'd like to know but it is going to take more than guessing from what I see about this issue.  I find it interesting that the Mavic is OK but the Phantom is not...there is likely a good technical clue there but none of the advice so far has had the desired effect.  While I don't know for sure, I am chalking it up to the app or an overly sensitive frequency monitor, but as I said it bothers me when I see these.

have you uploaded your flight .dat to sumtin like airdata and look at single?
2017-12-6
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=XpiJTo&page_id=SENSORS
2017-12-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

sednalb Posted at 2017-12-6 20:59
have you uploaded your flight .dat to sumtin like airdata and look at single?

No I have not, while I guess I could or should I just have not been that curious...the thing is even if I know what the signal strength was for a past flight, it does not mean I'd know what it was for the next, just that there was another warning.
2017-12-6
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

So I just finished going through my airdara records and I have not had this error once prior to 4.1.18 update. Also I’ve been getting this error when the AC is only about 30m away with no connection problems between AC and Controller.
So for me it only started after the update to iOS DJI 4.1.18
2017-12-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-6 17:15
Thanks but the 5.8ghz range is just not good enough.  If my P4Pro hasn't developed a defect then there may be an issue in the latest GO4 update v4.1.18.

I agree that 5.8 is no solution and i don't think your 4 Pro has got a defect, if it a defect a lot of Pro's are defect and should be recalled by DJI in the name of safety.
Also i am sure you're right, no Airplane mode or other attempts will help, on my own with the buidin display it all started with update to the current FW and as downgrading has solved a lot of the other issues it got, the strength of the radio never improved again.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

mic75 Posted at 2017-12-6 21:54
So I just finished going through my airdara records and I have not had this error once prior to 4.1.18 update. Also I’ve been getting this error when the AC is only about 30m away with no connection problems between AC and Controller.
So for me it only started after the update to iOS DJI 4.1.18

Thank you for that information. I sort of thought it had started with the latest GO 4 update but I wasn't sure but you have confirmed it for me.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

sednalb Posted at 2017-12-6 20:20
If you upload your flight .dat to airdata, they have an option to view signal strength and interupts or errors...at exactly what location.. A Lot of people have dual band modems then they did even a year ago...I had this error on a 20 min flight and found in flight data where i was gettings signal distrupts...mind you none was strong enough to loose signal and tbh i was out of sight....i live in the woods and fly out with fingers crossed on battery strength & hope the winds dont change i do have a field to ditch in easy though...

It doesn't have anything to do with signal strength or sensor errors as my signal strength is always 100 and there are only minor signal errors and the map shows the signal all in green. But the notification page is full of Strong Wireless Interference warnings.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-6 17:12
Susan, 5.8ghz is rather useless as it does not have the range and the picture shown on my ipad breaks up.

As the telecom wireless network(4G network) use 2.4 GHz wireless frequency for coverage and transmission, the wireless signal interference to the drone on 2.4 GHz can be quite severe in some certain area  where some base stations or transmission equipment nearby. This kind of warning message pops out just to remind the pilot for flight safety, instead of product defect. No worries.
2017-12-7
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

I get the same warnings on my P4P when flying using 2.4 Ghz, but none using 5.8 Ghz.  Looking at the flights in AirData, the signal is generally very good in both frequencies, even when I was getting constant interference warnings.  This leads me to believe that most of the warnings are not real, but stem from an error in GO4.  I would suspect the AC firmware, but I also fly with Litchi and never get any kind of interference warnings while using it.  I also fly my P4 in exactly the same areas using Litchi, and never have interference errors with it.
2017-12-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-6 17:16

Thought you have a P4P?
2017-12-7
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the last update on my P4P, I've had the same issue..the constant 'strong interference' alert in 2.4. Still flies but began to worry when I kept seeing those constant alerts as if something was going to happen to the copter. Kept flying and eventually got it back to home base but I certainly hope DJI engineers fix this issue in the next update. Mods are you listening?
2017-12-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-7 05:26
Thought you have a P4P?

Yes I do, but 5.8ghz doesn't have the range of 2.4ghz and I am flying out in the country, no houses, no towers etc so the 2.4 band should be relatively clear.
2017-12-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-7 01:15
As the telecom wireless network(4G network) use 2.4 GHz wireless frequency for coverage and transmission, the wireless signal interference to the drone on 2.4 GHz can be quite severe in some certain area  where some base stations or transmission equipment nearby. This kind of warning message pops out just to remind the pilot for flight safety, instead of product defect. No worries.

Thanks Susan, I am aware of that but I am flying out in the country, no houses, no towers or anything else around that could interfere. As I stated before, I have flown in this area a number of times in the past  without these warnings and now they are on the screen constantly.
2017-12-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I suggest you fly out a quarter mile horizontal distance or so at 300' height, aim the controller at the AC carefully, and see if you're still getting the interference warnings.  
2017-12-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

^^^ Did that too and still got the alerts (weird b/c didn't get these constant alert pop ups before). Hopefully it was just an anomaly. I'll take a shot again sometime this weekend.
2017-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-7 17:48
Thanks Susan, I am aware of that but I am flying out in the country, no houses, no towers or anything else around that could interfere. As I stated before, I have flown in this area a number of times in the past  without these warnings and now they are on the screen constantly.

I’m using CS but getting warning also, it does go away but can return regularly I have tried with iPad and I don’t see the warning so am a bit confused is it aircraft problem or CS problem or in your case monitor or aircraft, I think it needs to be corrected in new firmware. It’s very disconcerting.
2017-12-8
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you actually tried 5.8? I have done 3 mile flights on 5.8 with no issues when I was getting interference issues on 2.4.
2017-12-8
Use props
gtheller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77362 ft
United States

I also get a message warning of interference. One of the reasons I purchased the phantom4+ was because of the built in RC. I thought the 5.8 hz would allow me to fly in areas up in the mountains here in Idaho where I had no cell phone reception. My thought was the 2.4  hz was for cell phones and the 5.8hz could be used when ever there was no cell phone service. Am I all wrong about that?
2017-12-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

gtheller Posted at 2017-12-8 15:01
I also get a message warning of interference. One of the reasons I purchased the phantom4+ was because of the built in RC. I thought the 5.8 hz would allow me to fly in areas up in the mountains here in Idaho where I had no cell phone reception. My thought was the 2.4  hz was for cell phones and the 5.8hz could be used when ever there was no cell phone service. Am I all wrong about that?

None of the Phantoms require you to have any cell service. It is not required except to provide you with the maps service, but you can fly perfectly well without maps.
2017-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the increased radio interference warnings are part of the V4.1.18 build of DJI Go 4 (maybe even prior to that ? ).

2017-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gtheller Posted at 2017-12-8 15:01

The 2.4 & 5.8GHz radio frequencies are used to communicate between the RC & Aircraft. It just happens that these are unlicensed frequencies available for all to use, so they do, everything from RC Donald Ducks to microwave oven, to internet hub wifi uses these frequencies. But primarily 2.4 GHz; that is why the 'P4P' and 'P4P+' RC units have a slight advantage in that they use the 2.4 &5.8 GHz bands (OK home hubs are now starting to use 5.8 GHz as well, but not as much as 2.4 GHz). So if you're flying close to civilisation with predominantly 2.4GHz 'interference' then it's a bonus to be able to utilise the 5.8GHz bands. These bands are available to the P4P and the P4P+ (the plus having the super bright built in display).

No internet nor wifi connection is needed to fly, even the maps can be 'cached' at home and stored in memory if you know where you will be flying.

I suspect these excessive warnings of radio interference are related to the latest App' DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 (and maybe prior to that).
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules