Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO MOBILE - Not working with iPhone X
3757 11 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MZPfiBW
New
Singapore

Hi I purchased the DJI Oslo MOBILE expecting it to work with the iPHONE X, but after trying it out, I keep getting wobble effect especially when i'm moving fast and following action. Is there any solution to fixing this? if not I would like to return the OSMO, as i cannot get the expected effect of using the Gimble.
i've tried sevearl times to send an email through support but the page gets stuck saying its LOADING.

Pelase advise, as i would like a refund if this cannot be resovled,

thank you,

2017-12-6
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Can you explain the "wobble" a bit more? Most of the newer iPhones that come equipped with OIS experience a slight wobble or distortion due to that feature. DJI recommends ninja walking. Or do you mean the actual device is wobbling?
2017-12-6
Use props
dan_vector
First Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I use the Osmo mobile with my iPhone X and it works perfectly. You need to switch the gimble between walking and fast modes in the settings depending upon what you are doing.
2017-12-6
Use props
dan_vector
First Officer
Oman

It isn't phone specific. It the Osmo works very well with all phones that fit in the holder. It is important that you BALANCE the phone properly in accordance with the manual techniques.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, Sir, no matter what mobile device you are attaching, vertical movement still needs to be controlled, we recommend ninja walking.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
If you have wobble effect with iPhone X in ninja walking, please send us the video for analysis, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
BryanMutai
New

United Kingdom

The   video has a good example of what's been brought up regarding the 'wobble'. Could you please comment on this, and whether it would be fixed soon.
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_MZPfiBW
New
Singapore

InkedUpDad.com Posted at 2017-12-6 07:56
Can you explain the "wobble" a bit more? Most of the newer iPhones that come equipped with OIS experience a slight wobble or distortion due to that feature. DJI recommends ninja walking. Or do you mean the actual device is wobbling?

Hi, Thanks for your reply. . i mean the image on playback is wobbling.
I've got some test footage here to show you:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 9snf1hdnc4jD-WQCyFa
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_MZPfiBW
New
Singapore

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-6 09:00
I use the Osmo mobile with my iPhone X and it works perfectly. You need to switch the gimble between walking and fast modes in the settings depending upon what you are doing.

Hi Thanks - thats in the scene setting ? - i see walk or sport is that right? thanks!
2017-12-8
Use props
dan_vector
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_MZPfiBW Posted at 2017-12-8 00:35
Hi Thanks - thats in the scene setting ? - i see walk or sport is that right? thanks!

Yes that's it. Walk for well Walking and Sport for anything else faster than walking!
2017-12-8
Use props
Sultan_N
New
India

Optical Stabilization must be turned off for the gimbal to work as expected. But even if its turned off, it can be noticed that even a small shake could move the lens (i.e. movement of the lens cannot be completely stopped).
2017-12-11
Use props
Albut
New

United Kingdom

Is this wobble issue rectified yet. Seems in the video above that it affects mainly the new iPhone X. Don’t want to purchase one of the secgimbles if it is not compatible. Regards.
2018-1-16
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Albut Posted at 2018-1-16 09:28
Is this wobble issue rectified yet. Seems in the video above that it affects mainly the new iPhone X. Don’t want to purchase one of the secgimbles if it is not compatible. Regards.

I wonder as well.  I noticed that the last go app update mentions that IPhone X support was added, is this what they meant?
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules