Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal not working properly
4616 8 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa5aac2e7
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello Forum,

I have been using my Phantom 4 pro for almost 6 months. Few days ago i started having this problem with my gimbal. The tilt control on my remote is not working at all.

Please see the attached link:

PS: Please ignore the background noise no idea where it came from.

2017-12-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Seems like you have bad gimbal head maybe send it in for repairs
2017-12-6
Use props
mikzysw2
lvl.1
Turkey

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-12-6 08:33
Seems like you have bad gimbal head maybe send it in for repairs

I live at Turkey, where should I take it too?

I know you don't have services here.
2017-12-6
Use props
NGF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I had the same problem.
Good luck buddy!
2017-12-6
Use props
TheMann58
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, the good news - your gimbal tilt motor appears to be functioning as the camera swings all the way up and then all the way down immediately after turning P4Pro battery on.  If the camera gimbal motor was burned out, this would not happen.

However, at the end of startup sequence the camera should pop up to straight ahead (0 degree) position.  This is NOT happening.  You also note that you cannot change the camera gimbal position with the wheel on the back left side of Remote Controller (RC).

Here are my suggestions for trouble-shooting and, hopefully, fixing your unresponsive gimbal.

1) STEP 1 - Perform a RC stick calibration, which will recalibrate and re-zero the default center-point positions of both the left and right control stick AND the gimbal control wheel.  It could be your issue is caused by the zero position of the gimbal wheel not being correctly set. This can sometimes happen after a firmware update OR, possibly, you recently calibrated the left and right RC sticks but forgot to calibrate the gimbal thumb wheel, which could render the gimbal wheel functionally useless.

To calibrate the RC sticks and thumbwheel on your RC:
a) attach your mobile device to the RC as usual
b) power on the mobile device
c) turn on power to your RC (but do NOT power up the P4P aircraft - it must remain OFF during the stick calibration)
d) Start the DJI GO 4 app and get into camera view, which will show a black live video image because P4P is not powered on.
e) Tap on 3 dots in upper right of screen to enter General Settings
f) Tap on the RC symbol at left of General Settings screen (third symbol down)
g) Tap on Remote Controller Calibration at top of Remote Controller Settings screen
h) Follow instructions on screen and calibrate both RC sticks and the thumb wheel, by first moving each stick to one corner and then moving the stick to each of the other three corners slowly in succession
i) Then (and this is the important step) slowly roll the gimbal wheel all the way to the left roll position limit and then all the way to the right roll position limit SLOWLY and do this at least three times. This is the step that should correctly reset the zero gimbal position on your gimbal wheel.  When you release the thumbwheel after this step, the graphic on screen should show the gimbal wheel is at its correct mid-point position.
j) Now, turn everything OFF (except the mobile device) and exit the DJI Go 4 app. Then power up the RC, then power up the P4P and then start the DJI go app. If this worked. the camera gimbal should go all the way up, then all the way down and then pop up to horizontal (straight-ahead) position shortly after powering on your P4P.

STEP 2) If the RC calibration in STEP 1) does not FIX your gimbal control wheel issue, then I would suggest refreshing the firmware on your P4P using the DJI Assistant 2 app. Do this even if you already have the current firmware installed.  Something may have gotten corrupted in the firmware on your P4P.  

After firmware is refreshed, try the gimbal calibration procedure in STEP 1 again.

2017-12-6
Use props
mikzysw2
lvl.1
Turkey

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-6 12:42
First, the good news - your gimbal tilt motor appears to be functioning as the camera swings all the way up and then all the way down immediately after turning P4Pro battery on.  If the camera gimbal motor was burned out, this would not happen.

However, at the end of startup sequence the camera should pop up to straight ahead (0 degree) position.  This is NOT happening.  You also note that you cannot change the camera gimbal position with the wheel on the back left side of Remote Controller (RC).

I will try this ASAP, just one thing I have pro+ version would i still need to download the DJI GO 4 app?
2017-12-6
Use props
mikzysw2
lvl.1
Turkey

NGF Posted at 2017-12-6 12:01
I had the same problem. [view_image]
Good luck buddy!

Holy smokes lets hope instuctions they have sent me works.
2017-12-6
Use props
TheMann58
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa5aac2e7 - See my detailed response in this forum thread with a recommendation to perform an RC stick and gimbal wheel calibration.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing? If not, please contact the support and send it in for a fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules