Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.4ghz in android no longer working after latest firmware
7171 75 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-15 19:20
Then can you tell me why it WAS working before the updates iwth both Huawei P8 lite and a crappy mediacom 101 s2 and now it's not?
BTW the M3 is listed her ein this forum among the "best tablets and phones for dji products": http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go

Andy, we can not ensure the performance of mobile devices that have not been fully tested, but we will try our best to help you. It seems that some have different issues of the latest firmware, please kindly upload the video for better assistance if applicable, thanks for your time and support.  
2017-12-16
Use props
fans175669d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93494 ft
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-16 22:59
Sir, which mobile device do you have you tried? Please upload a short video of this and screenshots of About page, we'll look into the exact status.

IPad Air 2
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for getting back to us. We need the screenshots and videos for further check and analysis, please kindly offer at your earliest convenience, we'll forward to our engineers for review, thanks!
2017-12-18
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437090 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-16 23:03
Andy, we can not ensure the performance of mobile devices that have not been fully tested, but we will try our best to help you. It seems that some have different issues of the latest firmware, please kindly upload the video for better assistance if applicable, thanks for your time and support.

I'm very sorry to say that but it sounds like hiding behind your finger!
IF it was working BEFORE latest app and firmware update, WHY is it no longer working NOW??
Do you really want me to believe that it  depends on "testing" or that a device can stop working just because it was not fully tested with an app it was woking with? lol!
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-18 11:52
IF it was working BEFORE latest app and firmware update, WHY is it no longer working NOW??
Do you really want me to believe that it  depends on "testing" or that a device can stop working just because it was not fully tested with an app it was woking with? lol!

As we mentioned before, we can not ensure the stability of the untested mobile devices. I'm sorry if this bothers you.
2017-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-18 11:52
Do you really want me to believe that it  depends on "testing" or that a device can stop working just because it was not fully tested with an app it was woking with? lol!

DJI-Susan is correct. She is saying that DJI cannot guarantee the performance of the various phones and tablets out there. The DJI Apps are extremely demanding, to do what is a complex job they need lots of computing resources. In recent times, the apps have been placing more demands on the devices and this has caused some of the weaker ones to stop working fully.
2017-12-18
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 19:21
As we mentioned before, we can not ensure the stability of the untested mobile devices. I'm sorry if this bothers you.

So, you are saying that you REALLY want me to believe that if a have a phone where an app, for which the phone is not tested,  is able to do a certain thing when that certain thing is no longer working it's because the phone was not tested? And if MANY people are experiencing the same behaviour it's because of that, "testing"?
Then there's something wrong on the version nemes you give to your software: that is called BETA version...
LOL!
2017-12-19
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.1
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-18 19:46
DJI-Susan is correct. She is saying that DJI cannot guarantee the performance of the various phones and tablets out there. The DJI Apps are extremely demanding, to do what is a complex job they need lots of computing resources. In recent times, the apps have been placing more demands on the devices and this has caused some of the weaker ones to stop working fully.

you might have read just part of the thread: it's not about performance that me and many other android users complain, it's because the 2.4ghz we USED to switch to is no longer working.
PLEASE note that "No longer" means that it WAS working before latest updates and IS NOT working after the update! ;)
2017-12-19
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

either fix it...or do a recall of all SE back and refund us our hard earn money...isnt that better?
2017-12-19
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.1
Italy

guys I can only suggest to follow the phantom pilots forum where people have been working hard to find some kind of solution while dji seems not interested at all in the issues their customers are experiencing and keep hiding hteir faults!
check  phantom pilots and see how problems can be solved
2017-12-20
Use props
Big Nana
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-19 08:06
So, you are saying that you REALLY want me to believe that if a have a phone where an app, for which the phone is not tested,  is able to do a certain thing when that certain thing is no longer working it's because the phone was not tested? And if MANY people are experiencing the same behaviour it's because of that, "testing"?
Then there's something wrong on the version nemes you give to your software: that is called BETA version...
LOL!

What are you expecting from DJI? Your testing has confirmed the issue of mobile.....Maybe you can expect DJI send you a new mobile when they begin selling mobile phones.
2017-12-20
Use props
djiuser_KmJvEhG
lvl.1

Russia

Big Nana Posted at 2017-12-20 22:47
What are you expecting from DJI? Your testing has confirmed the issue of mobile.....Maybe you can expect DJI send you a new mobile when they begin selling mobile phones.

This is bug does not depend on that device do you use. I had tested with 5!!! different devices and I had same problems. OK, give us list of devices where drones will fly as they fly before update.
2017-12-20
Use props
StoyanK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68963 ft
Bulgaria

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-14 15:08
That's a nice video, thank you.  But I don't understand what you're saying.  You switched wifi frequencies repeatedly and the indication was that you were connected.

What indicator are you talking about? It disconnects and the reconnects again in order to switch from 2.4 to 5ghz.  It`s working with no problem.....that`s if you decide to stay with 01.03.0020 FW and app version 3.1.22 I personally prefer the better range ;-)
2017-12-21
Use props
StoyanK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68963 ft
Bulgaria

fans175669d9 Posted at 2017-12-15 03:30
Hello! What's the firmware version of the drone apps DJI GO? I have only 2.4 GHz(

Sorry for the late reply but this was my setup:
Phantom 3SE  FW version 01.03.0020 and DJI GO app version 3.1.22
2017-12-21
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Singapore

I just tried mine.. Xiaomi mi max 32gb/3gb working ok as to switch 2.4 n 5 . Latest app n fw.
2017-12-21
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.1
Italy

Big Nana Posted at 2017-12-20 22:47

What? I said I used the SAME mobile and it was woring before firmware update, not woking after firmware  update!
That confirms it's the mobile! lol!
BTW I'm glad we've been able to find a way to solve what dji did not!
2017-12-23
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Singapore

Tried my SE today..yes indeed it sux till max.. keep disconnected n weak transmission.. less den 100meter or worst..50m... Keep checking wifi channel..it's not stable..not stable..pls do something..fly same place..it irritates .. more like a paper work toy... Those sparkz besides us flew better n further...what's this man?
2017-12-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-23 12:23
What? I said I used the SAME mobile and it was woring before firmware update, not woking after firmware  update!
That confirms it's the mobile! lol!
BTW I'm glad we've been able to find a way to solve what dji did not!

Yeah it is really wonderful that people keep talking about the device, i have the P4P with DJI's builtin device, even that need to be forced at 5.8GHz after the latest firmwares. Even then it often have issues when distance reach 300m

Happy flying (if you can).
2017-12-25
Use props
Braveheart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151 ft
Canada

Same BS here. DJI NEEDS TO FIX THIS REAL SOON. New firmware required!!
2018-1-7
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60853 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-13 19:58
Andy, may I know how do you contact our support? Could you tell us your phone number or email address when you contacted our support? We'll investigate the status.

As for the 2.4G issue, which mobile device do you use? Please kindly upload a complete video of this, we'll try our best to help.

Can you give me a PM to talk about a problem with a DJi phantom 3 Standard signal Isuse?
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-21 12:53
Can you give me a PM to talk about a problem with a DJi phantom 3 Standard signal Isuse?

Hi Vanea, I just checked the PM and do not receive any messages about the P3S signal issue. May I have more details for better assistance?
2019-9-21
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 9-21 23:46
Hi Vanea, I just checked the PM and do not receive any messages about the P3S signal issue. May I have more details for better assistance?

Yes, I must have a documentation with screenshots of app version, drone Firmware and a screenshot during the flight.
2019-9-22
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

I have new update
Screenshot_20190922-163351.png
Screenshot_20190922-164652.png
Screenshot_20190922-162559.png
Screenshot_20190922-122026.png
Screenshot_20190922-162432.png
2019-9-22
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-22 08:04
I have new update[Image]

Final price of the update
Screenshot_20190922-203652.png
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-22 09:47
Final price of the update

Thanks for getting back to us. It is recommended to update the APP and adjust the antennas to see whether the issue remains.
2019-9-23
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

i can`t update my app above version 3.1.52 in the market that is my last version of DJi Go. My phone is a Nokia 5 Android 9.  The antenna was pointed directly to the aircraft
2019-9-23
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 9-23 01:25
Thanks for getting back to us. It is recommended to update the APP and adjust the antennas to see whether the issue remains.

Any solution for that problem?
2019-9-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-23 06:53
i can`t update my app above version 3.1.52 in the market that is my last version of DJi Go. My phone is a Nokia 5 Android 9.  The antenna was pointed directly to the aircraft

What do you mean by "antenna was pointed directly to the aircraft"?  Please be specific.
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-23 06:53

Hi Vanea, it seems that you have got the latest App version. May I have more details about the issue you referred to?
2019-9-27
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

signal lost issue is very anoyng
2019-9-27
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-27 02:06
What do you mean by "antenna was pointed directly to the aircraft"?  Please be specific.

Antenna was pointing direct to aircraft direction
2019-9-27
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

it`s about Phantom 3 Standard, the distances are about 40m high and 50m maximum, as I attached on upper screenshot messages on earlier posts
2019-9-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-27 04:50
Antenna was pointing direct to aircraft direction

Do you know how to aim an antenna correctly?  
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vanea Auzeac Posted at 9-28 04:42
it`s about Phantom 3 Standard, the distances are about 40m high and 50m maximum, as I attached on upper screenshot messages on earlier posts

Thanks for your kind reminder. For the antennas, you may refer to the tutorial video to adjust the direction accordingly:
If the issue appears in every place and remains after adjusting the antennas, please kindly start a case to send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-9-29
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
Second Officer

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-29 07:12
Do you know how to aim an antenna correctly?

Yes I do see the screenshots
2019-9-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain

Study vid above at the 40 sec mark.  It shows how to correctly position the antenna relative to the controller and also how to correctly position the controller relative to the P3S in flight.  It's not a good idea to fly straight up in a verticle path directly above your head.  You will experience signal problems.  
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules