Ultrasonic sensor error land immediately
9396 18 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

Keep getting this error after a repair. Then went to a navigation system error and couldn't take off. Error was redundancy state. After doing imu and compass calibration along with the vision sensor calibration I was able to get it in the air but got the ultrasonic sensor error about 30 seconds after taking off. Tried to reset to factory and reinstall firmware and the app and still can't get rid of the error. Seems to fly perfectly just have a red light. Any advice would be greatly helpful. Thanks for looking.
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

Here's a couple screen shots of the program before calibration of the compass in an open field
Screenshot_20171205-234809.jpg
Screenshot_20171205-234800.jpg
20171205_234606.jpg
20171205_234535.jpg
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

Screenshot of the error
Screenshot_20171206-152057.jpg
2017-12-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A solid red LED at the back of the Mavic is a critical warning error... I would not fly the drone at all. Sorry to say but the only true solution is to return the drone to DJI for a diagnostic test and repair. Best you contact DJI support and raise a case/get a ticket to ship it.
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

The drone just had a camera replaced at drone nerds
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

From what I remember this error was not shown in the test flight after the repair but showed up two days later when I hooked it up to my phone
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

Does calibration of the vision sensors have anything to do with the sonic sensors?
2017-12-6
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

I really don't want to have to ship this thing out again, it was just at a dji repair facility. I just did a calibration of the vision sensors again successfully but I have no idea if that has anything to do with the ultrasonic sensors. I have a shoot this weekend and I absolutely have to have this thing airworthy before Saturday night. It flies with no problem. Looks like I'm going to just have to do this without the sensors working. Is there a way to deactivate them. I still would like to know if they are considered part of the downward visual system. I'm going to turn the sensors off and see what happens because it's going to be a night flight.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MisterJ Posted at 2017-12-6 17:23
I really don't want to have to ship this thing out again, it was just at a dji repair facility. I just did a calibration of the vision sensors again successfully but I have no idea if that has anything to do with the ultrasonic sensors. I have a shoot this weekend and I absolutely have to have this thing airworthy before Saturday night. It flies with no problem. Looks like I'm going to just have to do this without the sensors working. Is there a way to deactivate them. I still would like to know if they are considered part of the downward visual system. I'm going to turn the sensors off and see what happens because it's going to be a night flight.

Hi sir, since you had tried reinstalling the firmware and calibrate the sensor, if it doesn't help, I am sorry to say that you need to send it back again, we don't recommend continue flying it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

Are the ultrasonic sensors calibrated with the vision sensors or is that a completely separate system and cannot be calibrated?
2017-12-12
Use props
fans8cbb69f7
New
United States

MisterJ Posted at 2017-12-6 17:23

I had the same issue two days ago. It was prompting me to sent to DJI but like you,... I don't want to deal with their 3 week return bs. I tried to calibrate with my iMac but it didn't work. I was a able to connect to the  computer and performed an update. Then I reset the IMU, then calibrated my Mavic. I just took it for a test flight and all seems ok. Hope it stays that way, but will need to take a few more test flights today to make sure. I Had to purchase another Mavic Pro just in case this one gives me the Ultrasonic sensor error again.

DJIs repair response time is making me look into other drone companies. I was thinking of Inspire 2 to purchase next month but with this BS repair response time frame I might have to switch to another company sad to say.
2017-12-20
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

A CW Posted at 2017-12-6 13:31
A solid red LED at the back of the Mavic is a critical warning error... I would not fly the drone at all. Sorry to say but the only true solution is to return the drone to DJI for a diagnostic test and repair. Best you contact DJI support and raise a case/get a ticket to ship it.

Uhoh I just read this, I think I had a solid Red light after the warning and wobbly landing....

If next time I switch it on the red light is gone is it OK to fly again?
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-16 17:06
Uhoh I just read this, I think I had a solid Red light after the warning and wobbly landing....

If next time I switch it on the red light is gone is it OK to fly again?

If it is a critical warning check the aircraft status in the app and it will list the error/s and malfunctions causing it. Sometimes rebooting the drone removes the errors so check before turning it off after you've landed.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans7ecdb9e7
lvl.2

United States

I too am on my 3rd Battery, just trying to FLY my Phantom 4 Pro + Plus!
I am having the same problem. In the process of Decrypting my hard drive in hopes that the Disabling of 'Driver Signatures' will solve my problems! I have an old controller that is not a + Plus model Drone but is a Phantom 4 Pro Controller. This has nothing to do with this post directly, but I am sure hoping that because I used a different Email address for Old Drone's Controller that I do not end up with a Customer Service Nightmare! They frequently used that "Find another Computer to use" one on me several times but for another totally different issue! But here I SIT while the sun is out 2 hours after starting. Tried 2 Computers, both needed special attention, I really need that Controller to work, you will see why in a mInute.....[flash=374,85][/flash]  Help Us By Making This Easier Out of the Box!
All I know is that after all the Updating of Firmware on 2 devices, installing software on my computer to Interface, that DJI would just PAY Microsoft for the Signatures and be done with it. I read up on the parent company and the revenue for them in in the BILLIONS of Dollars!
They seem to have moved away from Apple, as the Epson relationship with DJI is using an ANDROID Platform! The handheld device/phone/tablet/controller is kind of Cheesy in Manufacturing Quality I feel. The first unit I got was BROKEN within 24 HOURS as the Charging outlet is NOT FIRMLY ATTACHED to the Mainboard. It has very LITTLE Onboard Memory and could have used a bit more R&D on Software before they released it, Kudos for them to the Relationship with DJI in the First place because the new FPV
I Love my Drone, and I am about to go fly it soon with my new Moverio BT-300 AR FPV Glasses! They are clear, and can see right through them when display off which looks like in the Movies, Overlayed FPV Drone Flight! Special Software Release from DJI as well, Check it out HERE
DJI Ultimate Flight
I just need this stupid Calibration to WORK! Wish me Luck!

PlEaSe WoRk

PlEaSe WoRk
2018-3-20
Use props
fans7ecdb9e7
lvl.2

United States

It is also reporting on Iphone that it has a bad sensor, contact support.
2018-3-20
Use props
MisterJ
lvl.1
United States

OK so I have had 2 mavics with this issue. I fixed both errors by completely disassembling the drone and cleaning all the contacts and connections with alcohol and after making sure everything was tight I reset everything to factory and then using my android I upgraded to the current firmware. Seems like a it's definitely some sort of software/hardware combatibility issue
2018-3-20
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft

With this error, do i have to land or can i ignore this error message?
2018-5-8
Use props
Vegepilot
lvl.1

United States

I had this error on the P4P and it turned out to be the little plastic piece between the landing gear obstructing the downward vision sensors.  Removed it and problem went away :-)
2018-5-16
Use props
jerseyff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334816 ft
United States

Vegepilot Posted at 2018-5-16 07:00
I had this error on the P4P and it turned out to be the little plastic piece between the landing gear obstructing the downward vision sensors.  Removed it and problem went away :-)

I got this error for the first time last night. Interesting you should mention, but I added some leg extensions to my MP so it sounds like I need to trim up the plastic around the attachment on the drone to see if that clears up the error. It doesnt look like it should be interfering with the FOV for the downward sensors but its possible.

I will report back when I get a chance, may not be for a little bit...headed to Hawaii in the morning.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules