CS Internal Battery Bad - DJI Take Notice
1477 8 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I have been trying to get this resolved for awhile now to no avail, I have figured out the problem with help from OTHER forums. Notice the "Internal Battery Status" is showing the battery is discharged and the status is "Unknown" according to other users the only way to fix this is send it in for a replacement.

DJI please send me information to file a case & get a shipping label so this can be resolved.

You can also see troubleshooting recommendations from another post I started HERE This is why my flight logs are showing the wrong Time & Date as well as not being able to "Hot Swap" the external battery without loosing power to the CS.

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, QuadKid, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties with CrystalSky.
Thor has made a brief troubleshooting about this problem.
Just to verify, may I know if you have updated CrystalSky to the latest version which was released in 9th, Nov? The latest version is V02.04.02.00, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 22:21
Hello, QuadKid, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties with CrystalSky.
Thor has made a brief troubleshooting about this problem.
Just to verify, may I know if you have updated CrystalSky to the latest version which was released in 9th, Nov? The latest version is V02.04.02.00, thank you.

Yes Mindy using 02.04.02 and have done a factory reset many times to try to resolve the issue.
Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-8 01:49
Yes Mindy using 02.04.02 and have done a factory reset many times to try to resolve the issue.
Thanks

Thanks for the quick update, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for analysis and test, I will keep you updated shortly once I hear from them, your patience would be highly appreciated.
2017-12-8
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-8 02:03
Thanks for the quick update, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for analysis and test, I will keep you updated shortly once I hear from them, your patience would be highly appreciated.

No Problem, I have resigned myself to just connecting the CS via wifi to my mobile Hot Spot to obtain the correct Time & Date before flying as it will not hold stored information once disconnecting the external battery.
If there is a software fix I will try that when available.
Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi QuadKid, thanks for your patience, here is an update for this issue.
Since you already installed the latest firmware, please mount the external battery and keep powering on CrystalSky for half an hour to see if the status of internal berry will be normal.
If the ''Unknown'' message persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
Please let us know if it helps, thank you.
2017-12-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-13 22:50
Hi QuadKid, thanks for your patience, here is an update for this issue.
Since you already installed the latest firmware, please mount the external battery and keep powering on CrystalSky for half an hour to see if the status of internal berry will be normal.
If the ''Unknown'' message persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

Hi Mindy, did as instructed, no change to internal battery status, still shows "Unknown" I will NOT be sending the CS in for "Further Evaluation" as the issue does not effect the units performance and I never have a need to "Hot Swap" the battery and prefer not to be waiting on the repair during the holidays. I will simply continue to connect the CS via wifi to my phones Hot Spot to obtain the correct Time & Date prior to flying.

BTW: I was going to order the 7.85" Ultra for Christmas, I will NOT be doing that as well.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-14 03:47
Hi Mindy, did as instructed, no change to internal battery status, still shows "Unknown" I will NOT be sending the CS in for "Further Evaluation" as the issue does not effect the units performance and I never have a need to "Hot Swap" the battery and prefer not to be waiting on the repair during the holidays. I will simply continue to connect the CS via wifi to my phones Hot Spot to obtain the correct Time & Date prior to flying.

BTW: I was going to order the 7.85" Ultra for Christmas, I will NOT be doing that as well.

I fully understand your frustration and we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, the new firmware will be released soon to improve the stability of CrystalSky, maybe you can have a try when it is released if you are available.
2017-12-14
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Deleted as problem solved
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now