Signal Strength Indicator Missing
2899 20 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb11776b3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534006 ft
United States

I noticed recently that the bar indicators following the Remote Contorller and HD icons in DJI Go 4 version (4.1.18) are not registering.    Its not that the signal is low, its not registering at all.   I am running the latest firmware in my Phantom 4.     Litchi 1.19.0 still shows this signal correctly.
Is this a known issue or has anybody else seen similar problems?

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, which mobile device do you use? Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?
2017-12-6
Use props
awanmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590299 ft
Malaysia

If you are using iOS, you can refer my post https://forum.dji.com/thread-121819-1-1.html
2017-12-7
Use props
fansb11776b3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-6 18:11
Hey there, which mobile device do you use? Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?

I primarily use an iPad Mini but I also tried my IPhone 6 as well as a new iPad Pro.  These all have IOS 11.1.2 running.   

Here is a screen shot of my device showing all of the versions installed.  I did refresh the Phantom 4's firmware but produced the same results.    I can still fly the drone, however there is no signal strength indicated for the RC or HD icons and the video transmission is choppy.

Thank you.

2017-12-9
Use props
fansb11776b3
lvl.2
United States

awanmedia Posted at 2017-12-7 02:08
If you are using iOS, you can refer my post https://forum.dji.com/thread-121819-1-1.html

Thank you for the insight into this.   I'm going to dig out an old Android phone and see if I can figure out how to get it to update the RC firmware but if not, it sounds like this is a known issue with IOS and 02.00.0106 and the firmware on the controller. I have verified that I have 1.9.2 on the controller now.
2017-12-9
Use props
awanmedia
lvl.2
Malaysia

fansb11776b3 Posted at 2017-12-9 04:12
I primarily use an iPad Mini but I also tried my IPhone 6 as well as a new iPad Pro.  These all have IOS 11.1.2 running.   

Here is a screen shot of my device showing all of the versions installed.  I did refresh the Phantom 4's firmware but produced the same results.    I can still fly the drone, however there is no signal strength indicated for the RC or HD icons and the video transmission is choppy.

From your screenshot here, its same like me before i update my rc to 1.9.3, its not show the firmware rc version because of bugs. I am sure once you update to 1.9.3, the version of rc will appear at about setting
2017-12-9
Use props
awanmedia
lvl.2
Malaysia

From your screenshot here, its same like me before i update my rc to 1.9.3, its not show the firmware rc version because of bugs. I am sure once you update to 1.9.3, the version of rc will appear at about setting and its will be function normally. Let us know what is your result.
2017-12-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I just don't get it, how is it that every variant of this GO App seems to bring new and improved questions, issues, or problems...
I myself have had some anomalies, with one version than the next clears it and we get folks like here that have other problems...
What is it that DJI is missing that other application developers are not.  Why?
2017-12-9
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
France

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-9 21:23
I just don't get it, how is it that every variant of this GO App seems to bring new and improved questions, issues, or problems...
I myself have had some anomalies, with one version than the next clears it and we get folks like here that have other problems...
What is it that DJI is missing that other application developers are not.  Why?

DJI needs better software Quality Assurance (QA) processes. While bugs do slip through in all apps, the official app that affect expensive flying machines should be more highly scrutinised than most other phone/tablet apps.

On my system, the bug is quite serious as I cannot confirm IMU sensor status during pre-flight check, camera control does not work through the app and both RTH and Maximum attitude are ‘0’ (cannot be changed or verified). Yesterday I had to cancel some flights as the bug was evident during my pre-flight check. When I got home I dug around and came across this thread and found that the bug sometimes does not surface if I repeatedly unplug and plug in the cable. I even tried a different Apple Lightning cable and got the same results.

The strange thing about this bug is that it is intermittent. On my P3 Pro and iPhone X and iPad Pro running DJI Go 3.1.23, the problem occurs at a rate of approximately 50% when I plug in the lightning cable between the RC controller and my iOS device.

2017-12-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

joeztan Posted at 2017-12-10 04:09
DJI needs better software Quality Assurance (QA) processes. While bugs do slip through in all apps, the official app that affect expensive flying machines should be more highly scrutinised than most other phone/tablet apps.

On my system, the bug is quite serious as I cannot confirm IMU sensor status during pre-flight check, camera control does not work through the app and both RTH and Maximum attitude are ‘0’ (cannot be changed or verified). Yesterday I had to cancel some flights as the bug was evident during my pre-flight check. When I got home I dug around and came across this thread and found that the bug sometimes does not surface if I repeatedly unplug and plug in the cable. I even tried a different Apple Lightning cable and got the same results.

At this point I'm wishing I got my degree in computer science...I can only say I appreciate the problems to the extent of what they are but I'm just dismayed that they can't seem to get this correct...
I just think that if they (the app builders) can build an app that plays a silly game by all on all mobile devices around the world why can't DJI build an app that works with their product used around the world.  I realize I may be oversimplifying this a bit or a lot but still it seems possible.
Lastly, maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but it seems to me that many of these stupid issues started when DJI started making their app more of a police tool than a flight operations and control app to simply fly and run their quads.  Now with no fly restrictions and quizzes etc. etc. it may be no wonder that these current versions are buggier than a Minnesota night on the lake...
2017-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-10 10:58
At this point I'm wishing I got my degree in computer science...I can only say I appreciate the problems to the extent of what they are but I'm just dismayed that they can't seem to get this correct...
I just think that if they (the app builders) can build an app that plays a silly game by all on all mobile devices around the world why can't DJI build an app that works with their product used around the world.  I realize I may be oversimplifying this a bit or a lot but still it seems possible.
Lastly, maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but it seems to me that many of these stupid issues started when DJI started making their app more of a police tool than a flight operations and control app to simply fly and run their quads.  Now with no fly restrictions and quizzes etc. etc. it may be no wonder that these current versions are buggier than a Minnesota night on the lake...

Even the big boys make school boy errors that just shouldn't happen:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42283401

Looks like the profit margins dig deep into quality processes nowadays (Lack of testing, need to get into the market first etc). In all walks of life.
2017-12-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-10 11:12
Even the big boys make school boy errors that just shouldn't happen:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42283401

Aardvark sage point as usual
But I would mention that for DJI it seems to happen on a far more frequent basis than others...
Me I'd prefer they just follow the KISS principal
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for getting back to us. Double checked with our engineers, it is an issue of IOS DJI GO 4 V4.1.18. We will fix this in the next APP update. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-12-11
Use props
mac27040
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i had the same issue now fixed it.

I had to downgrade itunes to a previous version which also involved changing the itune library.ti file !!! then install a proxy program called "Charles", follow video in link below to download a previous version of DJI GO 4, i downloaded the first version which allowed me to install a previous firmware 1.6.0 to the RC. I then was able to update to 1.9.3 again and this time all worked fine.

Follow these websites and 100% works.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... one-ipad-ios.19777/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1840512157
2017-12-11
Use props
fansb11776b3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 04:06
Thanks for getting back to us. Double checked with our engineers, it is an issue of IOS DJI GO 4 V4.1.18. We will fix this in the next APP update. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you Susan. It hasn't been a huge problem for me as I haven't been flying that much recently and I the Litchi app still works well.  I'll look forward to the new release though and will feel much better once the RC's firmware is updated!
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

On front screen you have to play around a bit, open everything you can and eventually it will connect to the remote.

Press and hold the 3 lines in the top right of the screen and you will go to screen with "select firmware version"

Select and save Version 1.6.0 and download and then install.

Turn remote off and then on. Go into Camera.  Press red aircraft disconnected top left, check overall status and it will show Remote controller needs upgrade.

Download firmware. install and then turn off and on again.

Hopefully now you go through your normal startup procedures and use DJI GO 4 app and you're away!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansb11776b3 Posted at 2017-12-12 16:47
Thank you Susan. It hasn't been a huge problem for me as I haven't been flying that much recently and I the Litchi app still works well.  I'll look forward to the new release though and will feel much better once the RC's firmware is updated!

Thanks for your understanding. We will release on our website as soon as there is any update.
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Do2rrun
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,
I'm having similar problems with brand new magic pro / djigo4. The settings menu is not fully populated with all of the options when controller is connected. Can only access remote controller settings.
2017-12-18
Use props
IndianaDroner
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-13 19:50
Thanks for your understanding. We will release on our website as soon as there is any update.

Hi Susan -

I'm not sure if you followed my follow up post "RC Gimbal Dial Malfunction" but it was a follow up to this issue.   

When the DJI GO 4 App was updated it did correct the issue that was preventing the RC firmware to update to 1.9.3 and the signal strength indicators were restored.   At first I was excited to find this issue fixed.  However, once I actually flew the drone again I found that the gimbal now would not properly tilt vertically with the control of the RC Gimbal dial (it twists instead of tilts).

I opened a support issue and they had me go through several steps of re-imaging the latest firmware but the problem persists.    Since I was able to temporarily  restore the proper operation by applying the 1.6.0 RC firmware I'm convinced that my particular issue is tied to the RC firmware update.  

What I would really like to do is to downgrade everything to a previous state of compatible aircraft and RC firmware but I guess that DJI doesn't allow for that option.   In light of this, my next best attempt would seem to be to install the Beta firmware in hopes that this somehow corrects the problem or to just put the drone away until official updates to the aircraft and RC firmware are released.

Would you please enable my account to receive the latest Beta firmware and I'll give that a shot?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Do2rrun Posted at 2017-12-18 21:17
Hi Susan,
I'm having similar problems with brand new magic pro / djigo4. The settings menu is not fully populated with all of the options when controller is connected. Can only access remote controller settings.

Sir, I'm sorry for the late response first. May I know what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Which mobile device do you use? Please kindly offer the screenshot for better assistance. BTW, please click the Reply button under my message, so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely. Thanks!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IndianaDroner Posted at 2018-1-3 17:04
Hi Susan -

I'm not sure if you followed my follow up post "RC Gimbal Dial Malfunction" but it was a follow up to this issue.   

I've replied you there(https://forum.dji.com/thread-126519-1-1.html), please check and keep us updated there, thanks for your cooperation.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules