Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maiden flight crash
1256 7 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skunk
New
Flight distance : 1119 ft
United States

So I bought a new MP and did all the suggested installments of updated app and firmware. Calibration of IMU was successful and compass had a "good" calibration. The video actually recorded all these steps for 3 minutes and continued to record for a 4 minute flight. All went well til the end when everything "disconnected", no video, no flight control at a distance of 10ft. Could this be a firmware issue? The "new" drone is now destroyed and sent to dji. Did i just eat 1300 bucks and gunna get some refabbed piece of crap in return? The shop where i purchased it from is handling the case and I don't wanna settle for anything less than new. Bought a P3 the same day and don't have any issues with it.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Skunk, I'm sorry to hear the unpleasant experience. Generally, the "disconnected" means the mobile and RC do not connect well, but it will not affect the control of RC. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like into the exact status and try our best to help you.
2017-12-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sucks, hopefully you get a brand new AC in return.  Keep us update on this case.
2017-12-6
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

100% DJI is going to say pilot error and charge you to fix it. Also, DJI seems to only send out refurbished units for warranty claims.
2017-12-6
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-12-6 21:51
100% DJI is going to say pilot error and charge you to fix it. Also, DJI seems to only send out refurbished units for warranty claims.

That is correct. DJI protocol is to always bill the customer and only in rare situations take responsibility and repair the AC at NO charge to the customer.

DJI protocol dictates charge the customer no matter the issue on our end because we are in business to make money and not be responsible for inconsistencies with our products. The customer is never right just always at fault.
2017-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you upload your log to link below just click on link and follow instructions it might help you understand what happened.
Not sure why you calibrated your IMU and compass this is almost never needed unless you are prompted by your app.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-12-7
Use props
Rjrolyn
lvl.2
United States

Im curious to know what phone / tablet was used that got this disconnection ussue
2017-12-7
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What Hallmark said...
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now