Activating my drone
12473 20 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

When I first opened my DJI app I skipped the questions leading up to activating the drone. Now I can't seem to find out how to get back to those questions to get it activated. I have everything turned on and entered the wifi password and then opened the app. I can click on the camera but can't seem to find the activation area

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, is there any error message of activation? Make sure the drone has been updated to the latest version and check whether the activation progress pops up. If not, please kindly offer the aircraft SN and your DJI Account for further assistance. I'll attach the tutorial video of activation for double check.

2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

What is the SN? And do you need my account name or login name? There is no error message. The video says the drone must be activated the first time I open the app.
2017-12-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The SN is the serial number of your P3S system. uninstall the app and delete all DJI related directories on your mobile,reinstall the app and start to activate your Phantom. Do not skip any popup.
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-6 19:44
Hey there, is there any error message of update? Make sure the drone has been updated to the latest version and check whether the activation progress pops up. If not, please kindly offer the aircraft SN and your DJI Account for further assistance. I'll attach the tutorial video of activation for double check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab8R-s6gbo

PSADEF170R00G5 is the aircraft SN.
djiuser_Jszp1yOPoXOS
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

On the DJI app is says Remote controller connected. Connect your aircraft. I have uninstalled the app and installed it again. I don't think it has ever asked me to activate the aircraft. I don't recall seeing the questions to name your aircraft etc as well. Latest firmware is correct.. It does say gimbal disconnected.
2017-12-7
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

djiuser_Jszp1yO Posted at 2017-12-7 05:51
On the DJI app is says Remote controller connected. Connect your aircraft. I have uninstalled the app and installed it again. I don't think it has ever asked me to activate the aircraft. I don't recall seeing the questions to name your aircraft etc as well. Latest firmware is correct.. It does say gimbal disconnected.

Your not alone on this activation issue...i had the same thing and i'm sure many others did too !  But Yes i finally got it activated Thanks to this forum and some very understanding and Helpful  people !
2017-12-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

roll back version to activate .... i know the feeling
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-7 08:41
roll back version to activate .... i know the feeling

What do you mean roll back version?
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-12-7 08:00
Your not alone on this activation issue...i had the same thing and i'm sure many others did too !  But Yes i finally got it activated Thanks to this forum and some very understanding and Helpful  people !

How did you end up getting it activated?
2017-12-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

djiuser_Jszp1yO Posted at 2017-12-7 08:42
What do you mean roll back version?

Use and earlier version of the DJI Go app like 3.1.10.
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-7 08:47
Use and earlier version of the DJI Go app like 3.1.10.

How go I download the earlier version?
2017-12-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

You can download there  Ihope the link works for you.
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

So after speaking with a DJI rep they said I need to send them all the drone info, firmware numbers etc. I have tried connecting the drone and phone directly to the router as opposed to wireless an that didn't work. I could not pull up the older version of the app. At this point I am not sure how my drone will ever get activated. I have used multiple devices, uninstalled the app watched the video on how to activate and still nothing. Does sending all my info into DJI allow them to remotely activate it somehow? Does anyone have any other ideas?
2017-12-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

The router of the Phantom system is not your home WIFI router,it´s the remote control. If you want to activate your copter then you must switch your phone or mobile between the Phantoms WIFI and the home WIFI in order of the app. As i activated my Phantom,i used the home WIFI with the mobile first to log in to DJI account. After that the app told me to connect with the Phantom. The app explain the activation on screen.
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-8 15:15
The router of the Phantom system is not your home WIFI router,it´s the remote control. If you want to activate your copter then you must switch your phone or mobile between the Phantoms WIFI and the home WIFI in order of the app. As i activated my Phantom,i used the home WIFI with the mobile first to log in to DJI account. After that the app told me to connect with the Phantom. The app explain the activation on screen.

Ok that makes sense. I have followed the directions on the video and no activation screen pops up on the app after entering the wifi password for the drone.
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

I think the controller needs be connected to the drone before it can be activated.  The app says the 2 are not connected
2017-12-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Start first the Phantom system before you connect the phone to the Phantoms WIFI and start the app. The app reads the copters and remotes data and will use it for activation. The app orders you to connect to the internet for log in and the key transfer to your phone(mobile). Then the app will order to connect again to the copter system for settings and transfer the key file from the phone(mobile) to the copter system.

2017-12-9
Use props
djiuser_Jszp1yO
lvl.1
United States

Ok I got it to activate. I looked up the video on how to connect the controller to the aircraft and that did it.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Jszp1yO Posted at 2017-12-9 11:32
Ok I got it to activate. I looked up the video on how to connect the controller to the aircraft and that did it.

Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Per the SN, it shows that the activation is successful. No worries.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_Jszp1yO Posted at 2017-12-9 11:32

YOU DID IT !! nice to hear that , Enjoy & Flysafe
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules