Inspire 2 Firmware not Upgrading (Error 0X02090003)
1369 11 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Progression Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891555 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I just spent the last five hours trying to get my Inspire 2 to upgrade. It obviously did not work and now all it will do is emit a loud beep and flash yellow lights at each motor. I have tried DJI Assistant 2 (wouldn't go past 0% on transmitting), DJI Go 4 (gets about halfway through then says the above error code), different devices, different cords, uninstalled all programs and reinstalled them, etc. I literally have tried 12 times now. My RC upgraded just fine but now I have a totally useless drone that I cannot even connect to with the RC to try and work with settings. It is also stuck in landing mode and will not convert to travel mode. I have also tried different batteries.

Aircraft is currently running: Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0330

Can anyone help me? I have this next week off for the sole purpose of getting tons of shots . . . and now my drone won't work! Thank you!

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard

2017-12-6
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

Jacob, sorry to hear about your FW update issue. I see you are running V01.01.0330, when you are updating are you jumping to V01.01.0200 or selecting in Assistant 2 to update to V01.01.0010 first? I would try first updating to V01.01.0010 and then if successful with that upgrade to V01.01.0200. At times we've seen that when jumping an FW version problems ensue. Fingers crossed.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, Jacob, we are so sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties, we recommend to send in the drone and gimbal for diagnosis and repair service.
Please fill in online repair request form to start a ticket and send in as soon as possible.
2017-12-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What operating system are you using? Tablet? Controller?
2017-12-7
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-6 23:43
Hello, Jacob, we are so sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties, we recommend to send in the drone and gimbal for diagnosis and repair service.
Please fill in online repair request form to start a ticket and send in as soon as possible.

Hi,

As I said in my first post, I have an entire week off just to go flying. I cannot send it in and miss out on this whole week of filming. Is there no troubleshooting you would suggest?

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-12-7
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
United States

Advexure Posted at 2017-12-6 23:09
Jacob, sorry to hear about your FW update issue. I see you are running V01.01.0330, when you are updating are you jumping to V01.01.0200 or selecting in Assistant 2 to update to V01.01.0010 first? I would try first updating to V01.01.0010 and then if successful with that upgrade to V01.01.0200. At times we've seen that when jumping an FW version problems ensue. Fingers crossed.

Hi, I tried to do both.
2017-12-7
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-7 03:58
What operating system are you using? Tablet? Controller?

Hi,

The laptop is Windows 10, and Android 7.0 on my phone.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Progression Pro Posted at 2017-12-7 09:42
Hi,

As I said in my first post, I have an entire week off just to go flying. I cannot send it in and miss out on this whole week of filming. Is there no troubleshooting you would suggest?

Jacob, I do hope I can help you out remotely without sending in, I also understand your frustration, but there is nothing we can do for this error code remotely, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, please send in the drone at your most convenience for repair service, thank you for understanding.
2017-12-8
Use props
aespid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75646 ft
New Zealand

You better off sending it now. I don't think you will film anything anyway.
I have the exact same issue and they couldn't do anything about it remotely. I spoke to several other people with the same issue and they all had to send it back to dji.
sorry dude, it sucks. I hope I'm getting min back in time for my 2 weeks shooting.
good luck
2017-12-8
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Jacob,  was your camera and gimbal attached and fully working prior to the upgrade?
Also did you have both batteries installed and fully charged before the upgrade?
The upgrade fails if camera and gimbal are not attached properly or if both batteries are not 100%.
In my case, the upgrade succeeded after I fixed the above issues.
Just trying to help, and sorry if this is not helping.
2017-12-8
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Progression Pro Posted at 2017-12-7 09:49
Hi,

The laptop is Windows 10, and Android 7.0 on my phone.

I am having an issue where I can't upgrade but not freezing like yours is. I am using IOS and have to sort this out. Not sure if it is the I2 or the Crystal Sky.
2017-12-9
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
United States

Hi everyone, thank you for trying to help. I had to send the drone in and apparently the firmware had fried the entire main controller module that costs over $600. Fortunately, it was within warranty and I didn't lose anything except time to film. Don't understand why DJI can't get it together with firmware upgrades. I spend hours doing every one because they have all gone wrong even though I follow everything to the letter.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules