New and confused.
1287 14 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7hIs0Ro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

I just got my mavic pro. Charged all batteries and controller yesterday. This morning I updated the firmware on the controller.  I'm not sure how the app is supposed to work but I connect my Nexus 6p to the controller using the supplied USB c to micro USB and phone shows charging when I power on the controller.  I power on drone and controller appears to be linked properly am inside so getting attitude mode.  In the dji app I just get the normal screen that I would if it weren't connected to anything.  So I select mavic pro from the drop down and it does disconnected. I enter device and same thing.  This mavic has never been flown never been activated nothing. The tutorials I have read and watched seem to indicate I should get an activation screen.  Hoping someone here might point me in the right direction. In addition I have tried using the scan qr code option to activate and it says the QR code on the mavic in the battery area is invalid as well as the code on the box.  

Thanks for any help
Koia
2017-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a different device, or a different cable.
2017-12-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

Tried my Nexus 9 and worked.  So just for everyone else my Nexus 6p on Android 8.1.0 does not work.  May try rolling back to 8.0 as I think I saw someone say that was working for them.
2017-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-7 07:33
Tried my Nexus 9 and worked.  So just for everyone else my Nexus 6p on Android 8.1.0 does not work.  May try rolling back to 8.0 as I think I saw someone say that was working for them.

Glad you got it working. Happy flying
2017-12-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-7 07:33

When you say Android 8.1 does not work - what doesn't work?

Guess I shouldn't be so anxious to get the update...
2017-12-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Also, where are you plugging in that cable?  I've read that the port of the side of the controller doesn't play well with some mobile devices.  BUT, things with that problem have been shown to work if you use a cable that plugs into the USB port that is located on the remote just below where your mobile device is mounted.  Let me know if you've tried that.  Good luck!
2017-12-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

I tried plugging in both parts no dice either way. The app launched does not crash. However device always says disconnected.  Not that it disconnects at some point in flight it never seems to get connected.  
2017-12-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-7 12:04
I tried plugging in both parts no dice either way. The app launched does not crash. However device always says disconnected.  Not that it disconnects at some point in flight it never seems to get connected.

What is your USB port on the Nexus 6p set to?
2017-12-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-7 12:04

If you use the USB port on the bottom of the controller, you need to unplug the cable from the side USB port on the controller. It gave me some trouble until I remembered to unplug the side cable.

So are you getting into the app and seeing blank screen with disconnected in to the top right corner? Or does it not connect at all?
2017-12-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-12-7 12:13
What is your USB port on the Nexus 6p set to?

Tried all settings mtp ptp rdnis charging.  No luck
2017-12-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-7 18:31
If you use the USB port on the bottom of the controller, you need to unplug the cable from the side USB port on the controller. It gave me some trouble until I remembered to unplug the side cable.

So are you getting into the app and seeing blank screen with disconnected in to the top right corner? Or does it not connect at all?

when i launch the app it just shows the spark picture.  i can choose mavic from the drop down and the options are enter device not go fly. if i enter device i get normal flight screen but with no camera and disconnected in top left.  yep side cable unplugged when trying bottom port
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Koia, glad that you can get it worked with another mobile device. For your Nexus 6p, seems like you had already tried different cables, then you can try to remove the app and install it again, see if it would get connected.
If the app couldn't recognize the drone, then it should be the compatible issue, you need to change another device or try for the next update. Thank you for understanding.
2017-12-7
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

I ended up factory resetting phone and reinstalling app.  Still does not work with the cables I have tried or in either of the ports.  Hoping this gets fixed as the Nexus 9 is getting disconnects and I'm general I think a little under powered for the app.
2017-12-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

is your phone set to USB debugging” to “On??

try this and let us know if it work now
2017-12-9
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-9 01:57
is your phone set to USB debugging” to “On??
https://youtu.be/8YRKPjwYiE4
try this and let us know if it work now

Yup USB Debugging on.  I realized I was still in beta program so dropped that and got the 8.0 release back on it and still nothing.  Running out of ideas.  But have another cable on the way to try.  
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules