Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestions for a Spark 2
1801 18 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cruising.com.br
lvl.1
Brazil

Dear DJI engineers,

I've been reading some rumours about a new version of Spark which includes folded arms (like Mavic Pro). In my opinion, there's some other points to be considered before it which could be more welcome for most of Spark users like me:

1) A new camera system with 4K movie mode and a larger sensor for pictures (20 megapixel or more) plus option to record RAW files.

2) A better flying range (making the drone lighter, a new version of the battery or creating new engines and processors that consume less energy).

3) A protection to avoid in-flight battery dettachments and drone fall (there's some users reporting accidents with the battery being dettached during a flight).

4) A better remote control radio range (it's common to loose radio signal after flying a distance longer than 400m).

I want to buy a drone with more resources like the above in the future and the Mavic Pro was my natural option, but I'm very satisfied with Spark size (it's easy to carry everywhere inside a small backpack), so I'll want a bit more for an improved version of Spark!

Best regards,
Daniel

2017-12-7
Use props
fans61659e9a
New
United States

A 4K cam would be nice but I doubt it. I’ll settle for a 2K cam with 60fps or 1080 with 60fps.

2017-12-7
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

stronger legs!   they break way to easy!  mine our fine but from what I have seen, this is not a drone you want to learn on if you like to take chances and in turn, end up crashing!
2017-12-7
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.3
United States

The option for a 4K camera would be awesome, but expect the price to increase with 4K.  One thing I'd like to see with the Spark is a rear proximity sensor.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Thanks for your attention and feedback. I would forward it to our engineers. Besides, please note that our engineers have no plan on adding raw files in spark.
2017-12-7
Use props
Sparkitou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25243 ft
United States

I would add waypoints.
2017-12-8
Use props
Luan Carneiro
New
Flight distance : 574 ft
Brazil

60fps video, raw video and greater controle of the gimbal. That is something that bugs me, its fairly hard to make good videos while moving the gimbal.
2017-12-9
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-12-7 11:56
stronger legs!   they break way to easy!  mine our fine but from what I have seen, this is not a drone you want to learn on if you like to take chances and in turn, end up crashing!

Stronger legs?  Are you sure you are talking about the Spark?  The Spark doesn't really have legs, and if you break one of the arms...well....I don't know how they could be stronger... :-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-9
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I would love the ability to have some "Presets".

A preset would allow you to have fly in Sport mode with great stick calibration, but when you get to where you want to photograph, you can bring in a preset which might include stick calibrations and camera settings.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-9
Use props
sSkyPilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Huh... Geeesh... I just got my Spark, As did many others during the recent sales promotion. And many more will be spark flyers this December. It's winter here, below 30 degrees. No outdoor flying till April  at least. Let us new Spark owners learn our aircraft and it's congested Go4 wifi and software issues that options that control it. If anything DJI should look into solid operating system that supports the Spark fully.
2017-12-9
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

If an when the new Spark II is released I would love to see a firmware update to the Spark I like 60 fps video and the ability record 2k. I am not ready to shell out another 5-6 hundred dollars for something I just purchased.
2018-1-2
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

More frame rate selections for the video would be nice.  It can stay at 1080 since 4k seems a lot of work for the results.  The link between the Spark and the remote could be more robust while leashing the drone to a reasonable distance (1000 meters?).  But then I hate drone record distance videos.  

2018-1-2
Use props
Brambleman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

A lot of these features requested all = $$$$ or compromising another aspect of the AC or both. I think DJI did an amazing job creating the delicate balance between cost and features. Being able to do what it can for only $350 is the best feature IMHO, because it put a quality device into my price point.
2018-1-2
Use props
Ardenno
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1. 4k Movie2. 1080p in 25fps 30fps 60 fps and maybe more
3. RAW fotos.
4. Occusync
5. Battery 20 mins.
6. 3 axis gimbal
7. No problem I have this all in my mavic but I can pay more for small drone like spark if this feature would be added to Sparky2
Cheers
R.
2018-1-2
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

longer flight times.  20+ mins would be great.

I understand that if we start packing all these extra features into the spark so that it's basically a mini-mavic, then what happens to their mavic market.  DJI would probably not shoot themselves in the foot and do that.    I would of course love a spark size mavic, but the cost would also increase as a result.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36391 ft
Colombia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-7 22:43
Hi, sir. Thanks for your attention and feedback. I would forward it to our engineers. Besides, please note that our engineers have no plan on adding raw files in spark.

I would like to suggest something very simple but useful: self timer for pictures... Is great to take a picture of yourself without showing the remote control... I know you can do that with gestures, but sometimes is not very reliable.
2018-3-9
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Something to raise the body higher off the ground.   Those little rubber feet don't keep the gimbal and camera out of the grass.    I've gotten "Gimbal Overload" several times when trying to take off from grass.

Sid
2018-3-9
Use props
13rovers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-7 22:43
Hi, sir. Thanks for your attention and feedback. I would forward it to our engineers. Besides, please note that our engineers have no plan on adding raw files in spark.

But can you ask them for 24 or 25fps option on the video recording please?  

Thanks very much
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe that our engineers will work hard on improving our products.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules