12Next >
3583 57 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
Ireland

Escalating this issue which I posted on yesterday in hope that DJI reps will respond.
Colour profiles for video on Go 4 App have gone on latest release.
Inspire 2/X5s/Olympus 12,25,45. Ipad Mini. All runnest latest latest firmware and app versions.
In still settings all colour profiles (DCine, DLog, Art, Etc Etc) are present.
In Video settings there is no pickbox for "Colour".

One responder has confirmed the same.

As I have my post setup to process DLog this will be causing me big issues in the near future.

2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well known issues, you are better to roll back your firmware for now.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Hi

I Rolled back the I2 Firmware to the version availible and no change to what is showing up on the app. I've been running the I2
without this issue for about 8 months. Can you direct  me to where this well known issue is discussed?  Thanks
2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:34
Hi

I Rolled back the I2 Firmware to the version availible and no change to what is showing up on the app. I've been running the I2

The profiles has changed in the latest firmware, where Cinecore 2.1 where introduced. Some people has reverted back to previous firmware and seems to be ok. I did, but also rolled back my app.

Changes seems to be introduced to the fw along with the new X7 camera. Hopefully it will be changed soon.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:43
The profiles has changed in the latest firmware, where Cinecore 2.1 where introduced. Some people has reverted back to previous firmware and seems to be ok. I did, but also rolled back my app.

Changes seems to be introduced to the fw along with the new X7 camera. Hopefully it will be changed soon.

How did you roll back the App?
2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:46
How did you roll back the App?

I had a saved backup of the app. If you dont have one , maybe deleate and reinstall will help.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:50
I had a saved backup of the app. If you dont have one , maybe deleate and reinstall will help.

Thanks .. Tried that. Twice.  Plus reset the Ipad to factory settings and reinstalled the app.
2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:57
Thanks .. Tried that. Twice.  Plus reset the Ipad to factory settings and reinstalled the app.

Are you using a Mac or PC to update/sync the iPad or do you do it directly?
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-7 10:03
Are you using a Mac or PC to update/sync the iPad or do you do it directly?

I never update over the air. (except for the I2 transmitter). As I never trust over the updates for anything crucial. I Always us a direct connection to to the PC. Is there another forum thread on this issue?
2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-7 10:06
I never update over the air. (except for the I2 transmitter). As I never trust over the updates for anything crucial. I Always us a direct connection to to the PC. Is there another forum thread on this issue?

Did you have a backup of an earlier app that you could install (roll back)?
Mine worked after rolling back fw and app.
If you don't have a previous version of the app, I am afraid you can't roll the app back. Maybe DJI will have a new one soon.
Sorry for not being able to help more.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've not kept a copy of the app.  Having to wait for DJI to release another update isn't good.
2017-12-7
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HelloThis happened to me and I think there is a bug in the firmware. Do you use a ssd in the back? I placed my ssd in and in the color menu enabled the ssd. I ejected the ssd and just used the micro SD card and the color profiles for video were gone. if you look at the ssd slider it is still on and you cannot select it off so you must put the ssd back in and turn off the ssd if you are not using it. Then all the color profiles appear for video.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Sir, we have made some update in the new firmware, please open EI mode, you will get the option to select D-Log.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-8 01:03
Hi, Sir, we have made some update in the new firmware, please open EI mode, you will get the option to select D-Log.

Hi Thanks for the reply, will the options to shoot video to a micro SD card in DCinelike, Art, Blue, Old photo Etc Etc still be availible?
2017-12-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

epicjib Posted at 2017-12-7 18:23
HelloThis happened to me and I think there is a bug in the firmware. Do you use a ssd in the back? I placed my ssd in and in the color menu enabled the ssd. I ejected the ssd and just used the micro SD card and the color profiles for video were gone. if you look at the ssd slider it is still on and you cannot select it off so you must put the ssd back in and turn off the ssd if you are not using it. Then all the color profiles appear for video.

Thanks, That all fits in with the problem I'm having. Looks like  a flaw where the slider isn't active unless there's a SSD on board. Unfortunatly  I haven't got any SSD's  so this could become an issue for me. Mindy has responded below. Just waiting to see if DLog is the only video colour option that will be availble for Micro SD users like myself. I can't see why this would be the case but I'll wait for the DJI reply. If any DJI reps or forum members using Micro SD only are experiencing this and have a work round I'd appreciate it if they could post. Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Ireland

Hi Mindy please can you get back to me on this issue as soon as possible. This will be causing me real problems in the near future.  My question is "If I use a micro SD card should all the video colour profiles be availible or will I only be able to choose DLog?" Thanks.
2017-12-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy
I have tried using D Log / H264/ Micro SD but the quality of the recorded video is showing extreme banding and a pink cast. Also producing files which have a very high Bitrate. Can you tell us if there is an issue with the new DLog when used with a micro SD card? I have been using the previous DLog locked at ISO 500 for several months with no issues.
Thanks
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-8 01:44
Hi Thanks for the reply, will the options to shoot video to a micro SD card in DCinelike, Art, Blue, Old photo Etc Etc still be availible?

Yes, it is available when your drone is in SD card mode. Please enter video setting and turn off the SSD mode. For your second question, I would recommend try to enter D-Cinelike and shoot another one. Please note that when you switch to SSD mode, there will be less options. Thanks for your patience.
2017-12-11
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindy & Electra, epicjib is correct and you effectively have a bug in the DJIgo4 software. With the last few updates to Go4 It is possible for the SSD recording to be enabled, but to not have an SSD card installed. When that happens, it is impossible to change the SSD slider from enabled to disabled because the slider itself is disabled - you have to insert an SSD card in order to enable the slider to turn off the SSD recording.

If you don't have an SSD card, then that is a problem because you cannot disable the SSD. If you cannot disable the SSD, then you cannot use the old colour modes, just-cinelike and normal, or d-log in EI mode.

Now the biggest problem seems to be that the recent updates to Go4 enable the SSD by default, even where no ssd is present. That now means that people who do not have an ssd and have previously been using the different colour modes are trapped and can only use dlog, cinelike and normal.
Please do the following to replicate the problem...

Install latest firmware and version of DJI Go 4
Turn on inspire 2, do not insert a Cinessd card.
Start Go4 and check your video recording settings, the SSD Is most likely enabled.
If it is enabled, try to turn it off... you can't

If the ssd is not enabled, then repeat the above and install a cinessd card
Now enable the cinessd
Turn off Go 4 and the inspire and remove the cinessd
Turn everything on again
Try to disable the cinessd... you can't.

If the cinessd is enabled, you cannot select colormodes other than dlog, normal and cinelike.

2017-12-12
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-12-12 01:26
Mindy & Electra, epicjib is correct and you effectively have a bug in the DJIgo4 software. With the last few updates to Go4 It is possible for the SSD recording to be enabled, but to not have an SSD card installed. When that happens, it is impossible to change the SSD slider from enabled to disabled because the slider itself is disabled - you have to insert an SSD card in order to enable the slider to turn off the SSD recording.

If you don't have an SSD card, then that is a problem because you cannot disable the SSD. If you cannot disable the SSD, then you cannot use the old colour modes, just-cinelike and normal, or d-log in EI mode.

Spot on. That's precisely what I'm experiencing. The Advice to "turn off the SSD Mode" is not possible. The switch slider is "greyed out". (Inspire2/X5s/MicrosSD/Ipad Mini/Latest Firmware & IOS App)
2017-12-12
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-11 23:16
Yes, it is available when your drone is in SD card mode. Please enter video setting and turn off the SSD mode. For your second question, I would recommend try to enter D-Cinelike and shoot another one. Please note that when you switch to SSD mode, there will be less options. Thanks for your patience.

Hi .. The switch that turns off SSD mode is disabled. I cannot turn off the SSD mode.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-12 05:02
Hi .. The switch that turns off SSD mode is disabled. I cannot turn off the SSD mode.

Please try to reinstall your SSD card and try it again. Or you can try to reinstall the app. If it doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of your app. BTW, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks.
2017-12-13
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-13 04:00
Please try to reinstall your SSD card and try it again. Or you can try to reinstall the app. If it doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of your app. BTW, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks.

I don't have an SSD. Reinstalling the MicroSD card does not work. Reinstalling the App does not work. The IOS app is the latest version 4.1.18. Inspire 2 Firmware V01.01.0200. See attached screenshot
2017-12-13
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-13 04:00

Hi .. Please read the previous posts. I don't have an SSD. The problem is that without an SSD. Switching off the SSD option in the app is not possible.
2017-12-13
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Electra, please see post describing issue above. Includes steps to reproduce the problem. This is with current I2 firmware & Dji Go version on iOS.
2017-12-13
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

Hi All, it's odd to see so many people with different issues and I don't even have the "EI Mode" either which i'm assuming is only showing up for folks who have SSD. I do not have SSD and have not interest to go beyond what H.264/265 provides. The screen shots show that D-Log is no longer available only "standard" and "D-Cinelike" after the updates (i included the latest versions as well). I texted back and forth with the support team and they said that they would get back to me but it's been 4 days now so not sure what the delay is.
Screenshots taken from my 9.7" iPad

Any assistance with this would be appreciated since I only shoot in D-Log. THANKS!!!!

2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-13 05:07
I don't have an SSD. Reinstalling the MicroSD card does not work. Reinstalling the App does not work. The IOS app is the latest version 4.1.18. Inspire 2 Firmware V01.01.0200. See attached screenshot[view_image]

Sorry that I missed your post. This situation is forwarded to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your patience.
2017-12-14
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

zjdo Posted at 2017-12-13 18:55
Hi All, it's odd to see so many people with different issues and I don't even have the "EI Mode" either which i'm assuming is only showing up for folks who have SSD. I do not have SSD and have not interest to go beyond what H.245/265 provides. The screen shots show that D-Log is no longer available only "standard" and "D-Cinelike" after the updates (i included the latest versions as well). I texted back and forth with the support team and they said that they would get back to me but it's been 4 days now so not sure what the delay is.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated since I only shoot in D-Log. THANKS!!!!

HI. My workflow set up is the same as yours. I have only ever used  MicroSD. h264. Shooting in DLog & everything was fine prior to this update. I've never even seen an SSD let alone possess one. The way your configuration differs  is that my IOS Go 4 app is indicating the SSD as active and I can't swipe the switch. Plus unlike your screenshot  I have the EI option available. So we've shown the App behaving differently on our systems with differing issues. Which would suggest more than one flaw. Also on my system with EI  selected with h264, DLog  produces sub standard results  (As discussed on other threads) . The Rec709 option shoots ok.
2017-12-14
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-14 02:16
Sorry that I missed your post. This situation is forwarded to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Please can you let us know as soon as possible if there is a work around to this issue. Thanks
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-15 02:36
Hi Please can you let us know as soon as possible if there is a work around to this issue. Thanks

Thanks for your patience. If there is any news, I will update here.
2017-12-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

We appear to have been lost in the "Thanks for your patience" loop. Having invested in the I2 because of the various camera issues on the Mavic I hoped that the DLog and Go App problems we're experiencing with the latest Firmware & App releases wouldn't occur. Particularly as a lot of I2's will be for professional use.
2017-12-16
Use props
fans923b8fd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3175755 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Me too, and SSD option is on and grayed out, when there is no ssd drive installed. Only record device is sad card, but color profile option is gone
2017-12-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans923b8fd4 Posted at 2017-12-16 19:41
Me too, and SSD option is on and grayed out, when there is no ssd drive installed. Only record device is sad card, but color profile option is gone

Also on my setup, in EI mode. Full 4k recording isn't availible, only up to UHD.  Work around is to click on SSD option (which shouldn't be selectable because there's no  SSD on board) and set 4k there then toggle back to MicroSD.
2017-12-17
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Took a lot of test footage today using the New Firmware & Go4 App. (I2/X5s/MicroSD/H264/4k@30fps). As discussed in EI mode New DLog (at EI400)  is no good. Massive colour shift, irretrievable muddy shadows, Etc. Etc. Switching to REC709 (EI400) the results were better but in my opinion not up to the same standard as old DLog fixed at ISO500. This is now a serious problem as I have 2 jobs lined up for this week and my established workflow, LUTs Etc. can't be applied to these new profiles & I cannot risk shooting in new DLog as with h264 it definitely does not look right,   I suspect both the firmware and App have been rolled out specifically for the X7 and  aimed firmly at an SSD/Prores workflow. Approx £3k to purchase that kit before even thinking about the cost of an upgraded pc (£4k plus). Rolling back the firmware is possible but I cannot rollback the app. As this is now costing me, and could potentially involve a great deal more investment in the future, at the very least it would be good to hear from DJI on the subject of the Go4 app and DLog issues. For the record before the firmware and app upgrades my setup was producing exceptional footage.
2017-12-17
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Quick Update for any DJI reps who may be dealing with this issue. Just watched the footage on my office Reference Monitor. The footage taken with the I2, latest firmware, latest App is totally unuseable. It's far worse than the stuff I took with the Mavic the day before. In addition to the smearing, and colour shifts, Recording in EI REC709 with the X5s/Olly 12mm @ -3,-3,-3 appears not to be applying any desharpening to the image at all. This is evident when viewing the raw footage copied straight off the microSD card, and more obviously after  applying my established corrections in Resolve. I'm totally at a loss to what to do next.  Having cancelled 2 jobs this week  and not being in a position to take on any future commissions, this is impacting my business credibility  in ways that I don't even want to think about.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback, we've improved some user experience of DJI GO in such condition. We will bring these improvements to you in next release version.
2017-12-25
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI iOS Team Posted at 2017-12-25 06:38
Thanks for your feedback, we've improved some user experience of DJI GO in such condition. We will bring these improvements to you in next release version.

Thanks for the reply. Please tell me when the next version will be released
2017-12-25
Use props
fansb1f12597
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424081 ft
  • >>>
United States

In addition to these concerns, after the update, my Olympus 25mm shows disconnected and won't calibrate on the I2. It works fine on the I1 with the X5.
2017-12-30
Use props
fansb1f12597
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update: I was able to revert to the previous firmware and the use of the Olympus 25mm came back. I didn't check to see if the color profiles returned as well.
2018-1-1
Use props
K64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310594 ft
France

After tryouts I've been able to get rid of the EI mode with H264 and D-log is now working fine in H264 (CINECORE 2.1 Firmware V01.01.0300)

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !
Now I'm in Normal mode with every old looks and the D-log which is working properly in H264. Furthermore, it's not stuck at 500 ISO. I can't go back to EI mode without a SSD but frankly I don't care... ;-)
Sure 8 bits is low for D-Log, but it works, so now I have the choice.
2018-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules