630 7 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PolarisFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123461 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Everyone! Okay so I’m kinda in a panic mode here and need some advice from the other pros who travel. I will be filming and shooting a wedding in Antigua coming up in January. The bride and Groom are pretty adamant about me bringing my P4P with me to film the epic occasion. My wife will NOT be flying with me on this trip so I’m solo. I only need a small suitcase for my clothes but I will have my camera gear as well as my P4P with me.

My setup is as follows but I’m open to suggestions…

Camera Gear – Tenba backpack (fits in overhead and has been on other destination weddings)

P4P – CasePro hard case with 4 extra batteries and gear. I also have the P4P stock case.

Small suitcase for clothes.

What would YOU do? Go!

2017-12-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Be sure to put the batteries in fireproof bag.
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Take the P4P as a carry-on luggage. 4 li-Po batteries I like allways to have them cotrolled.

And your P4P bird is to expensive to send it as check-in luggage
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

travel with the batteries discharged
2017-12-7
Use props
PolarisFlyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-7 10:10
Be sure to put the batteries in fireproof bag.

Yep, I have fire bags already for them all.
2017-12-7
Use props
PolarisFlyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-7 10:18
Take the P4P as a carry-on luggage. 4 li-Po batteries I like allways to have them cotrolled.
https://youtu.be/k9mcNvOGKtI

Agreed on the too expensive part. I know my P4P case is too large though to fit in the overhead. Thats one of the main obstacles I'm dealing with.
2017-12-7
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

Call the airline you will be flying with, you can make requests to travel with additional carry on items.  I have traveled with 3x 1550 Pelicans in the cabin with me.  I wouldn't be comfortable checking my camera gear (or my drone for that matter...)   If I was forced to check anything it would be my drone, but that all depends what you've invested in your camera gear.  

This was recent, within the last 8 months, I have done this on flights with Air Canada and United.
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

PolarisFlyer Posted at 2017-12-7 10:36
Agreed on the too expensive part. I know my P4P case is too large though to fit in the overhead. Thats one of the main obstacles I'm dealing with.

the original DJI foam case fits well in the overhead compartment. On the market you'll find backpacks fitting to the foam case for less than 50 dollars.
I use such a combination and I'm quite happy with the solution.
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules