Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
cable OTG in spark is official by DJI???
2021 15 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZmaroSobrinho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I would like to know if there is an official DJI position regarding the use of the OTG cable with spark. I noticed that in the manual it does not mention that it is possible to use this device and since in this last update of DJI GO there was a failure in the telemetry when using the cable, I am assuming that DJI does not want us to use spark with the OTG cable. As already is fact that with the cable the video gets much better, I would like to know: Is there any official procedure if it is approved or not the use?
2017-12-7
Use props
mtnlandpix
Captain
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know and understand, OTG is NOT officially supported by DJI.
2017-12-7
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

At this time it is NOT officially supported by DJI. They have expressly stated this on the boards.
2017-12-7
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

It is not supported by DJI
2017-12-7
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.3
United States

Like the others have stated, DJI does not officially endorse the use of OTG.
2017-12-7
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

OTG is only supported by users.  They are the ones pushing its use and advertising its benefits.  Without them I would never have known the OTG cable exists or wasted my money buying one.  Want to buy my OTG with its added features of being able to wash your car, improve your grades, and lower your insurance?  $19
2017-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They now say they are working on it, so we may here soon that it will be supported , it’s a waiting game.
2017-12-7
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
Australia

Just a question, Is the OTG cable supported for the Mavic and other drones but not for the spark?
2017-12-7
Use props
Lyons90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

julpap Posted at 2017-12-7 13:42
Just a question, Is the OTG cable supported for the Mavic and other drones but not for the spark?

For Mavic, yes, Spark, no.

Cannot comment regarding any of the other drones.
2017-12-7
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
Australia

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-7 14:00
For Mavic, yes, Spark, no.

Cannot comment regarding any of the other drones.

Thanks for the reply, i am just a bit confused in relations to the support DJI supports for OTG.

2017-12-7
Use props
Lyons90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

julpap Posted at 2017-12-7 14:06
Thanks for the reply, i am just a bit confused in relations to the support DJI supports for OTG.

I think most people are!
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please note that OTG cable is not supported now. But our engineers are working on that. Thanks for your attention.
2017-12-7
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

As the others already stated OTG was never officially supported with the Spark. It's software code from the Mavic controller (for obvious reasons) and it was a happy byproduct that it has worked for the Spark. Now you know...
2017-12-7
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Otg is not officially supported by DJI but it’s the only way I can fly my spark with the DJI goggles so I don’t understand why they won’t endorse it?

We already know that battery’s can fall out and the little sparks like to fly away so why are DJI so scare of the OTG cable?

2017-12-7
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-7 20:06
Hi, sir. Please note that OTG cable is not supported now. But our engineers are working on that. Thanks for your attention.

Great news, you should consider making this comment a stand-alone statement then place it on the sticky messages for spark. It would save a lot of people posting about otg support now that it is being worked on.

Thank you DJIElectra and thanks to your engineers
2017-12-7
Use props
fansdd9684fa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-7 20:06
Hi, sir. Please note that OTG cable is not supported now. But our engineers are working on that. Thanks for your attention.

I would like to add that my Spark is nearly unusable with WiFi, so I really hope DJI gets in gear and does something about this soon. I am seriously considering returning it.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules