Controller IN NFZ
3897 7 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

I live about 2 miles from an airport. I understand the rules regarding flight within 5 miles of an airport. I have flown under stringent rules for years as I am a kite flier and I am bound by quite similar rules.  The Mavic Pro is my first ever drone.

After installinng the new firmware the controller displays IN NFZ (IN No Fly Zone).

Is it possible to bypass this lock so I can get familiar with the menu's and options the video's talk about.

Thanks, Larry
Mavic Pro NO FLY ZONE     .jpg
2017-12-7
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Take everything away from the NFZ.  Most airports have at least a 2 mile NFZ.  Depending on the class of airport, the NFZ may extend farther out in some directions.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Larry, if you only need to check the menu, you can connect the drone, RC and app together, then go to the app and go through all the pages without taking off the drone; you can also try to connect the drone to a PC and launch the simulator on DJI Assistant 2.
But if you need to fly the drone in NFZ, you can contact flysafe@dji.com to unlock it. Generally, please kindly follow the NFZ regulations and maintain the safety of flight.
2017-12-7
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 19:17
Hi Larry, if you only need to check the menu, you can connect the drone, RC and app together, then go to the app and go through all the pages without taking off the drone; you can also try to connect the drone to a PC and launch the simulator on DJI Assistant 2.
But if you need to fly the drone in NFZ, you can contact  to unlock it. Generally, please kindly follow the NFZ regulations and maintain the safety of flight.

Thank you Thor. I am only interested in getting the major calibration completed. I am approximately  1 mile perpendicular to the runway.  As I mentioned I am a kite flier and have to follow most of the same safety guidelines  drones have to follow.  To get to a safe flying area (RC planes flying area the city has built) is a bit over 10 miles drive.

There is an Android app B4UFly that will pretty well give you guidance on where you can fly.

ALL I want to do is be able to get everything setup so when I go to the RC field I have a high degree of confidence there will be only  minor refinements to setup. Yesterday I thought I had adequately prepared my Mavic and I drove over to the field and all of a sudden the controller said it needed to be calibrated. I thought I was following  directions but it would not calibrate.

That is all I want to do in my back yard is get it setup, learn where the controls are and how to access them.

Thanks again for your direction.

Larry
2017-12-8
Use props
Pilot Duff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I guess it’s best if you just find a place near to you that’s out of the NFZ that you can go to regularly to fly. You can use the map in the DJI Go app to check where
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Turn11.Larry Posted at 2017-12-8 07:25
Thank you Thor. I am only interested in getting the major calibration completed. I am approximately  1 mile perpendicular to the runway.  As I mentioned I am a kite flier and have to follow most of the same safety guidelines  drones have to follow.  To get to a safe flying area (RC planes flying area the city has built) is a bit over 10 miles drive.

There is an Android app B4UFly that will pretty well give you guidance on where you can fly.

Hi Larry, understand it. However, you can calibrate the drone or RC in a NFZ, it is not possible to fly in NFZ without unlocking. So you can calibrate the RC first and then go to the place where can fly.
And may I know what the app said when you were not able to calibrate the RC?
Another way is to watch the tutorial about the calibration, you can visit here to obtain more: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX
2017-12-10
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 19:17
Hi Larry, if you only need to check the menu, you can connect the drone, RC and app together, then go to the app and go through all the pages without taking off the drone; you can also try to connect the drone to a PC and launch the simulator on DJI Assistant 2.
But if you need to fly the drone in NFZ, you can contact flysafe@dji.com to unlock it. Generally, please kindly follow the NFZ regulations and maintain the safety of flight.

Thank you for the workaround
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Turn11.Larry Posted at 2017-12-20 11:32
Thank you for the workaround

You are welcome. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules