3692 37 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my new 7.85" Crystalsky UB monitor a few days ago, and have been doing some early testing.  So far, I am very impressed with the screen brightness and clarity and I flew a 22-minute flight today in 5.8 GHz HD Auto mode with no interference warnings, no loss of signal and bright, sharp live video on my screen the entire flight.  I must note that I did not fly my P4P farther than 1000 feet away during today's test flight taking video of my west Houston neighborhood after a very rare overnight snow storm.

I have found one major bug in the DJI GO 4 app running on the DJI Crystalsky Ultra Bright when connected to a P4Pro RC and and a P4Pro aircraft - the P4Pro battery voltage is correctly displayed BUT the battery level reads 0% (ZERO!) regardless of whether the battery is fully charged, half depleted, etc.  I have tried rebooting the Crystalsky monitor and have confirmed that all firmware and software on both the Crystalsky monitor and my P4Pro are updated to the latest versions as shown in the photos below. If I tap on the 0% battery level it will bring up a graphic display showing the correct cell battery levels, which decreased steadily during the 22-minute flight as they should, but the battery percentage on the DJI GO 4 app only displays 0% even after multiple power cycles of the P4Pro aircraft, P4ro RC and Crystalsky monitor.  I have also tried four different batteries and got the same result - all show 0% battery level even when the P4Pro aircraft battery is fully charged.  THIS IS A MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE BUG AS I RELY ON THIS BATTERY LEVEL INDICATION TO TELL ME HOW MUCH LONGER i CAN FLY.

Can anyone else with P4Pro and a Crystalsky UB confirm whether or not they are getting accurate P4Pro battery level readings in the upper right corner of the DJI GO 4 app live camera view screen?  

UPDATE (28JAN2018): I updated my P4 aircraft to the new V 02.00.0700 firmware dated 2018.01.24 last night with the Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to the P4 aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4. After firmware download to the Crystalsky completed, the firmware update took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt). When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the P4 aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, the V 02.00.0700 firmware update for the P4 fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

UPDATE (17DEC2017): I updated my P4Pro aircraft to the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 2017.12.25 this afternoon with the Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to the P4Pro aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4Pro.  After firmware download to the Crystalsky completed, the firmware update took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt).  When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the P4Pro aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, the V 01.05.0300 firmware update for the P4Pro fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

UPDATE (15DEC2017) - I successfully updated the firmware on my Crystalsky UB this moring to the V02.04.06.00 version dated 14DEC2017, but, unfortunately, this has NOT resolved the issue. The aircraft battery level percentage displayed on the DJI GO 4 app still continuously reads 0% even when the battery is fully charged. I tested the Crystalsky UB with both my P4 and my P4Pro using both the built-in USB cable on the RC mount as well as trying a separate USB to micro-USB cable and with both cable configurations I still see only 0% battery level displayed in the DJI GO 4 app - VERY DISAPPOINTING! Note: The voltage level displays correctly and the battery percentage is visible while viewing recorded flight records. However, I rely on the battery percentage reading in the DJI GO 4 app while flying and this is NOT working for me on my new Crysralsky UB.  I don't know why. Since no one else has reported/confirmed this issue, my Crystalsky UB must be defective.

Crystalsky UB DJI Go 4 App showing 0% Battery Level

Crystalsky UB DJI Go 4 App showing 0% Battery Level

Full battery charge but 0% Battery Level Displayed

Full battery charge but 0% Battery Level Displayed

Current Firmware

Current Firmware

Crystalsky Device Info

Crystalsky Device Info
2017-12-8
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is the current device info for my Crystalsky UB display.

20171208_112800_resized.jpg
2017-12-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bugs, bugs ... luckily minor ones. For change mine CSUB with Go app 3.1.18 reports Gimbal status: Disconnected with both Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1 Pro, although both are just fine. They'll iron these wrinkles sooner or later, no worries ...
2017-12-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My CS Ultra displays the battery capacity % , have you tried a full reset from the settings menu, I haven't turned on the voltage display

2017-12-10
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-10 04:31
My CS Ultra displays the battery capacity % , have you tried a full reset from the settings menu, I haven't turned on the voltage display

[view_image]

Iannes -

Thanks for replying and posting screen shot.

Yes - I just did a factory reset on my Crystalsky Ultra and I still get only 0% battery readings with any battery inserted in my P4Pro aircraft (and powered on, of course) and with the Crystalsky UB mounted on my P4Pro RC.  This is the case whether I have voltage display turned on or off. The voltage display (in decimal volts) by the way works and appears accurate, but the battery voltage percentage graphic consistently reads 0%.

NOTE: I just tested my Crystalsky Ultra with my Phantom 4 and it also reads only 0% battery level (just like with my P4Pro). So, this appears to be a Crystalsky firmware or a Crystalsky DJI GO 4 app bug.

Three  questions:
1 Are you using the P4Pro RC  and not a Cendence RC or something else?   I ask because many folks with Crystalsky have also upgraded to a Cendence RC.

2) Were you connected to a P4Pro Aircraft? I ask because the live video image in your screenshot is of the rear of another P4Pro. So, do you have two P4Pros?

3) Have you updated your Crystalsky to the latest system firmware version 2.4.2.0?

Thanks again for the response and your help

2017-12-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-10 17:32
Iannes -

Thanks for replying and posting screen shot.

1) I am using the P4P standard controller with the DJI Crystalsky mount, have you physically reflashed the AC firmware and restored factory settings via DJI Assistant 2 ?

2)  I was using my Mavic Pro to get the screen shot, but here is one from the P4PI also notice in your static photo, that you don't have a green battery status line in the top left of the screen or it's showing zero ? In both my photos there is one, which suggests that the battery telemetry is not getting through, on the battery information page are you getting all the details ? Do you get all the relevant battery warnings when flying ?

It looks like the app is not getting the information to calculate battery capacity for some reason.

3) This is my CS firmware, the only thing I can see is a difference in the kernel , e.g SKYWORTH_NT35523_785 8024

4) This is my AC firmware status if that helps

2017-12-10
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-10 20:31
1) I am using the P4P standard controller with the DJI Crystalsky mount, have you physically reflashed the AC firmware and restored factory settings via DJI Assistant 2 ?

[view_image]

I really don't understand why I don't have Battery percentage or the battery status line when running DJI GO 4 app on my Crystalsky Ultra and you do with the same app version and Crystalsky firmware version.  If I connect my IPad Air 2 to The P4Pro RC or the P4 RC USB port then I get the battery % and battery status line, so the aircraft and RC firmware does not appear to be the issue.  I'm stumped.
2017-12-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-10 21:54
I really don't understand why I don't have Battery percentage or the battery status line when running DJI GO 4 app on my Crystalsky Ultra and you do with the same app version and Crystalsky firmware version.  If I connect my IPad Air 2 to The P4Pro RC or the P4 RC USB port then I get the battery % and battery status line, so the aircraft and RC firmware does not appear to be the issue.  I'm stumped.

Have you tried the CS without using the DJI mount , just a normal usb to micro usb cable. I wonder if there is an issue with the DJI mount cable.

The CS should function normally connected to the RC this way, at least mine does

2017-12-10
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-10 22:22
Have you tried the CS without using the DJI mount , just a normal usb to micro usb cable. I wonder if there is an issue with the DJI mount cable.

The CS should function normally connected to the RC this way, at least mine does

Iannes,

Well, I've confirmed the issue with seeing 0% battery level is not an issue with the Crystalsky mount connector or its USB cable as I have two mounts - one on my P4 RC and one on my P4Pro RC and they both exhibit this bug.  Also, I disconnected the mount USB cable and wired from the RC to the Crystalsky using a USB to micro-USB as you suggested and shown in photo below - and I still see only 0% battery level.  Also, when playing back the flight records stored on the DJI Crystalsky UB, the battery percentage and green battery status flight remaining time lines are present and show constantly changing information, remaining battery level throughout the recorded flight. So, the battery information is definitely available to and being recorded by my Crystalsky UB but are not being displayed on the DJI GO 4 app live view screen.

Does anyone know how to download and force a refresh of the latest Crystalsky firmware even if it is already installed on the Crystalsky?  I've tried a Factory Reset, but that just reloads the potentially corrupted firmware already stored on the Crystalsky.  I can't do a firmware update because I already have the latest firmware.  The firmware files is not listed in the Downloads section of the DJI web page for the Crystalsky Monitor.

Iannes - I am convinced now that you and I do not have EXACTLY the same firmware and kernel version on our respective Crystalsky UB monitors.  The clues are in the different kernel version numbers and the differences in the firmware version numbers as displayed in the screen captures that we both posted.  The version numbers are sort of the same, but I suspect they are slightly different builds - my Crystalsky UB firmware system version is reported as 2.4.2.0 yours is reported as 02.04.02.00; my kernel version is SKYWORTH_NT35523_785 8348, your kernel version is SKYWORTH_NT35523_785 8024.

My Crystalsky was shipped with this firmware and kernel version pre-installed. I suspect you received your Crystalsky UB with an earlier firmware version and recently updated your firmware.  Is that the case? I suspect DJI tweaked something(s) in the currently shipping  Crystalsky UB and inadvertently introduced a bug.

Unless a DJI rep chimes in on this forum thread with another suggested solution, I will likely have to wait until the next Crystalsky firmware update is released by DJI and hope that fixes this 0% battery level bug.

I wish others that have recently received their Crystalsky UB from DJI would report if they are seeing P4 and P4P battery level percentages correctly reported or not.

Crystalsky UB connected with USB to USB mini connector showing 0% Battery Level

Crystalsky UB connected with USB to USB mini connector showing 0% Battery Level
2017-12-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-11 20:46
Iannes,

Well, I've confirmed the issue with seeing 0% battery level is not an issue with the Crystalsky mount connector or its USB cable as I have two mounts - one on my P4 RC and one on my P4Pro RC and they both exhibit this bug.  Also, I disconnected the mount USB cable and wired from the RC to the Crystalsky using a USB to micro-USB as you suggested and shown in photo below - and I still see only 0% battery level.  Also, when playing back the flight records stored on the DJI Crystalsky UB, the battery percentage and green battery status flight remaining time lines are present and show constantly changing information, remaining battery level throughout the recorded flight. So, the battery information is definitely available to and being recorded by my Crystalsky UB but are not being displayed on the DJI GO 4 app live view screen.

I am pretty sure I did a firmware upgrade when I first got the CS
2017-12-11
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy or DJI Susan -

Can you please check with the Crystalsky firmware team in regards to checking on the 0% battery level bug I reported in this forum thread post for the currently shipping Crystalsky Ultra Bright firmware and kernel version as noted in my posts above?

THANKS!
2017-12-11
Use props
Jefferey Drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just wish I could buy one, nobody has them anymore, looking at the 7.8 ultra bright.
I wish DJI would give these sellers an ETA on when the next batch is going to be released.
interesting thread tho. I hope you get this ironed out.
2017-12-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Jefferey Drone  Posted at 2017-12-12 05:01
I just wish I could buy one, nobody has them anymore, looking at the 7.8 ultra bright.
I wish DJI would give these sellers an ETA on when the next batch is going to be released.
interesting thread tho. I hope you get this ironed out.

Amazon resellers have them

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Cryst ... keywords=crystalsky
2017-12-12
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE (15DEC2017) - I successfully updated the firmware on my Crystalsky UB this moring to the new V02.04.06.00 version dated 14DEC2017, but, unfortunately, this has NOT resolved the issue - the displayed aircraft battery level percentage on the DJI GO 4 app live view screen continuously reads 0%. This is a major bug and a safety issue. I tested my 7.85" Crystalsky UB with both my P4 and my P4Pro RCs and aircraft using both the built-in USB cable on the mount (preferred connection scheme) as well as using a separate USB to micro-USB cable. With both cable configurations I still see only 0% battery level displayed in the DJI GO 4 app regardless of actual battery level - VERY DISAPPOINTING! The voltage level displays correctly and battery percentage is visible while viewing recorded flight records. However, I rely on the battery percentage reading in the DJI GO 4 app while flying and this is NOT working for me.  I don't know why.

Since no one else has reported/confirmed this 0% battery display issue, my Crystalsky UB must be defective.
2017-12-15
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-15 07:16
UPDATE (15DEC2017) - I successfully updated the firmware on my Crystalsky UB this moring to the new V02.04.06.00 version dated 14DEC2017, but, unfortunately, this has NOT resolved the issue - the displayed aircraft battery level percentage on the DJI GO 4 app live view screen continuously reads 0%. This is a major bug and a safety issue. I tested my 7.85" Crystalsky UB with both my P4 and my P4Pro RCs and aircraft using both the built-in USB cable on the mount (preferred connection scheme) as well as using a separate USB to micro-USB cable. With both cable configurations I still see only 0% battery level displayed in the DJI GO 4 app regardless of actual battery level - VERY DISAPPOINTING! The voltage level displays correctly and battery percentage is visible while viewing recorded flight records. However, I rely on the battery percentage reading in the DJI GO 4 app while flying and this is NOT working for me.  I don't know why.

Since no one else has reported/confirmed this 0% battery display issue, my Crystalsky UB must be defective.

I would say yes, just like mine. I don't have the battery status problem that you have, my CS 5.5" internal battery is useless, loses the Time & Date every time I remove the external battery and can not "Hot Swap" the external battery as advertised.

I was going to buy the 7.85UB for Xmas, not anymore, these things are full of bugs!! But what would anyone expect from a product that costs anywhere from $450-$900 US dollars. DJI's Quality Control absolutely amazes me !!!

Wish I would have read this before diving into this hobby
2017-12-15
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-11 21:00
I am pretty sure I did a firmware upgrade when I first got the CS

Iannes,

Let me know if you can see P4Pro battery % on the the DJI GO 4 app after upgrading your Crystalsky UB firmware to the 14DEC2017 V02.04.06.00 version. Thanks.
2017-12-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-16 08:53
Iannes,

Let me know if you can see P4Pro battery % on the the DJI GO 4 app after upgrading your Crystalsky UB firmware to the 14DEC2017 V02.04.06.00 version. Thanks.

Hey TMan

Yes I can see the % on both my CS's, the Ultra and 5.5 after upgrading to 2.04.06.00.
See the post below, just out of interest is your internal CS battery functioning well ?

To defintively say that you have a DJI Go4 app issue, why don't you side load Litchi and then see if the battery telemetry is still missing

2017-12-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-15 16:50
I would say yes, just like mine. I don't have the battery status problem that you have, my CS 5.5" internal battery is useless, loses the Time & Date every time I remove the external battery and can not "Hot Swap" the external battery as advertised.

I was going to buy the 7.85UB for Xmas, not anymore, these things are full of bugs!! But what would anyone expect from a product that costs anywhere from $450-$900 US dollars. DJI's Quality Control absolutely amazes me !!!

Have you checked the internal battery status from the settings screen, just hit the battery button to see if your internal battery is functioning ok.
In the middle of the second page that comes up will be the internal battery status

2017-12-16
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-16 15:21
Have you checked the internal battery status from the settings screen, just hit the battery button to see if your internal battery is functioning ok.
In the middle of the second page that comes up will be the internal battery status

Yup, internal Battery reads black 0% and the status is unknown.
2017-12-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-16 16:57
Yup, internal Battery reads black 0% and the status is unknown.

Sorry to hear that, it's definitely a warranty claim then, if you want the hot swap.
I'm not sure when you would use it, if you go out with a full external battery each time
2017-12-16
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-16 17:00
Sorry to hear that, it's definitely a warranty claim then, if you want the hot swap.
I'm not sure when you would use it, if you go out with a full external battery each time

Ya, DJI offered for me to send it in, not going to do that, the biggest pain is that without the internal battery working the internal Time & Date does not function so all the flight logs show 1/21/2013 as the date flown, not a big problem, I just sync the CS to my mobile hotspot on my phone once the external battery is in place and it gets the correct Time & Date from that point on, easy work around, better than sending it in and waiting who knows how long before I get it back, beside I use the HDMI out a lot with my Fat Shark glasses. Never use the Hot Swap as the CS far outlasts my batteries. But you should expect to receive what you pay for, as advertised.

2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mann, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, this is weird, it would be great if you have friends who also have CrystalSky for further troubleshooting.
I will escalate the issue to our engineers for attention, I will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.
By the way, I saw you also have Inspire 1 under your avator, have you tried that?

2017-12-17
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 01:23
Hi Mann, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, this is weird, it would be great if you have friends who also have CrystalSky for further troubleshooting.
I will escalate the issue to our engineers for attention, I will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.
By the way, I saw you also have Inspire 1 under your avator, have you tried that?

DJI Mindy -

Thanks for replying.  I took your suggestion and today I tested my updated Crystalsky UB with both my Inspire 1 RC and aircraft and with my Phantom 3 Pro RC (which has the optional HDMI module installed) and aircraft.  They both work! The Crystalsky UB displays the live view image and correctly displays the remaining aircraft battery level on both my Inspire 1 and my Phantom 3 Pro!  This is good news. Notice that both these aircraft make use of the DJI GO app on the Crystalsky (instead of the DJI GO 4 app).  

I did find one bug with the Crystalsky DJI GO app, which others have reported - it will only sync the first 472 of my 515 flight records and then reports sync failure.  Tried five times - same result.

I strongly suspect that the problem that my Crystalsky UB DJI GO 4 app has with correctly displaying the aircraft battery level percentage on my P4 and P4Pro is due to the fact that I have optional HDMI modules installed on both my P4 and P4Pro RCs.  I will swap the P4 RC HDMI module out with the original USB module to test this hypothesis (as soon as I can locate my micro tool kit).  UPDATE: this didn't work - aircraft battery % reads "0%" with either the HDMI module or the original USB output module installed on my P4Pro RC.  

It is interesting that the Crystalsky correctly displays the aircraft battery voltage when connected to my P3Pro RC, which also has an HDMI module installed, but the P3Pro does use the DJI GO app (instead of the DJI GO 4 app).  So, I am confident your engineers can figure this out and get the DJI GO 4 app working correctly when the P4 or P4Pro RC has an HDMI module installed.
UPDATE: Replacing the HDMI output module on my P4Pro with the original factory-installed USB module did NOT fix the issue - the aircraft battery level still reads 0% regardless of the charge on the aircraft battery. The weird thing is the Crystalsky UB is receiving the aircraft battery level information tranmitted from the aircraft to the P4Pro RC because the flight records on the Crystalsky UB do show both the aircraft battery voltage and the battery percent as it decreases from 100% to below 25% over five different flights. I am out of ideas to test. I still think this a software bug instead of malfuntioning Crystalsky because the DJI GO app correctly displays aircraft battery level of my Inspire 1 and my Phantom 3 Pro, and because the Crystalsky flight records for my P4 and P4Pro prove the Crystalsky is getting the real time aircraft battery level information throughout the flight.  The DJI GO 4 app on MY Crystalsky just does not display the actual aircraft battery level % (it's always 0%) even though the DJI GO 4 app does display the actual aircraft voltage in volts.  

DJI Mindy - please let me know if DJI engineers can determine the cause of my issue and, hopefully, issue a software update that will fix this 0% aircraft battery level display on the DJI GO 4 app camera screen on my Crystalsky UB when connected to either my P4Pro or my P4 RC.
2017-12-17
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-16 15:21

Iannes - the internal battery status on my Crystalsky UB is "good."

Question - do you have the optional HDMI output module installed on your P4Pro RC?  I have an HDMI output module installed on both my P4 and P4Pro RCs, and I suspect the Crystalsky UB DJI GO 4 app has an issue correctly displaying aircraft battery level when an HDMI module is installed. I will test this by swapping out the HDMI module with the original USB output module later today.
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-17 10:27
Iannes - the internal battery status on my Crystalsky UB is "good."

Question - do you have the optional HDMI output module installed on your P4Pro RC?  I have an HDMI output module installed on both my P4 and P4Pro RCs, and I suspect the Crystalsky UB DJI GO 4 app has an issue correctly displaying aircraft battery level when an HDMI module is installed. I will test this by swapping out the HDMI module with the original USB output module later today.

No,  I don't have the HDMI module installed as I don't use the DJI Goggles,  I use the Epson Moverio BT-300 instead
2017-12-17
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-17 12:08
No,  I don't have the HDMI module installed as I don't use the DJI Goggles,  I use the Epson Moverio BT-300 instead

Iannes - thanks for responding. Unfortunately, as I note in my UPDATE to my previous post, I get 0% aircraft battery level readings on the DJI GO 4 app running on my Crystalsky UB no matter whether the P4Pro RC has the original USB module or the optional HDMI output module installed. Damn - this is frustrating. But I get accurate aircraft battery % readings using the DJI GO app running on my Crystalsky UB when it is connected to my Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 Pro. I'm stumped.  Hopefully DJI's engineers can solve this mystery.
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-17 14:05
Iannes - thanks for responding. Unfortunately, as I note in my UPDATE to my previous post, I get 0% aircraft battery level readings on the DJI GO 4 app running on my Crystalsky UB no matter whether the P4Pro RC has the original USB module or the optional HDMI output module installed. Damn - this is frustrating. But I get accurate aircraft battery % readings using the DJI GO app running on my Crystalsky UB when it is connected to my Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 Pro. I'm stumped.  Hopefully DJI's engineers can solve this mystery.

The crazy thing is your having this issue with 2 different versions of DJI Go4, 1.4.14 and 1.4.18, which suggests it's not a software issue.
Have you got any other apps dowloaded, that might be loading something on start up
On start up this is what apps are running on my CS Ultra - see below and below that is the apps list when DJI Go4 1.4.18 is running

Probably time to have a look at Litchi, can't fly with battery status and warnings, if there is battery telemetry then this would confirm the software issue
If it does have battery information then you can fly safely with Litchi

Can always revert back after a full reset if Litchi has the same problems as DJI Go4

CS apps list on start up - Copy.jpg
CS apps list when Go4 running - Copy.jpg
2017-12-17
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-17 15:11
The crazy thing is your having this issue with 2 different versions of DJI Go4, 1.4.14 and 1.4.18, which suggests it's not a software issue.
Have you got any other apps dowloaded, that might be loading something on start up
On start up this is what apps are running on my CS Ultra - see below and below that is the apps list when DJI Go4 1.4.18 is running

Iannes - Thanks for the continued assistance and suggestions.

No additional apps are installed on my Crystalsky UB and I have the same list of apps running as you do when DJI GO 4 app is running on my Crystalsky.

I am not going to install Litchi on my Crystalsky UB at this time, because it just complicates the current troubleshooting exercise AND the apk install procedure is currently neither clean nor 100% legal. Per reports from others, there are issues with random error messages being displayed "DJI Play Services have stopped," etc. and others report their Crystalsky devices locking up. And installing Litchi wouldn't solve my problem with 0% aircraft battery readings displayed in Crystalsky UB DJI GO 4 app.  So, not going to do it.

Just to be clear, I know my Crystalsky UB is getting all the battery telemetry when running the DJI GO 4 app, because the flight records recorded display the battery percentage and voltage when played back and they start at 100% and decrease as expected during each flight. Also, the displayed battery voltage is correct and decreases during flight. What I don't have an explanation for is why with a siimilar hardware setup you see battery percentage displayed on the Crystalsky DJI GO 4 app when flying your P4Pro and I do not.  
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-17 17:42
Iannes - Thanks for the continued assistance and suggestions.

No additional apps are installed on my Crystalsky UB and I have the same list of apps running as you do when DJI GO 4 app is running on my Crystalsky.

Unfortunately, you probably don't have access to another CS Ultra to test it with your P4P
Do you have access to another P4P you can test with your Ultra, or an AC that can use the DJI Go4 e.g. Mavic Pro or Spark

In settings/ sound and notifications/ App notifications / DJI Go4 should be set to priority

I was thinking, if you were not getting any telemetry, you would be seeing a "N/A" for battery percentage  not a "0%" which indicates it is workingSo the app must be calculating it wrongly or not getting enough information to calculate it,  the fact it hasn't been working with 1.4.15 and 1.4.18 seems to suggest that some battery data is incomplete, that is the both versions of the app can't calculate it.

If you set the low battery warning higher like 90%, do you actually get a "warning"  at 90% capacity, does it flash up on the status bar ?
Have you done a firmware refresh and factory reset on the P4P which might trigger a battery firmware upgrade  ?

2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-17 10:17
DJI Mindy -

Thanks for replying.  I took your suggestion and today I tested my updated Crystalsky UB with both my Inspire 1 RC and aircraft and with my Phantom 3 Pro RC (which has the optional HDMI module installed) and aircraft.  They both work! The Crystalsky UB displays the live view image and correctly displays the remaining aircraft battery level on both my Inspire 1 and my Phantom 3 Pro!  This is good news. Notice that both these aircraft make use of the DJI GO app on the Crystalsky (instead of the DJI GO 4 app).  

Hi Mann, thanks for your feedback and assistance to test, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated, hope the issue will get sorted out soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-17
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 20:21
Hi Mann, thanks for your feedback and assistance to test, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated, hope the issue will get sorted out soon, appreciate your patience.

DJI Mindy - any updates from DJI engineering dept. on a resolution ( or explanation/ confirmation) of my issue with the DJI GO 4 app displaying only 0% aircraft battery level when my Crystalsky Ultra monitor is connected wto my powered-on P4 or P4Pro RC and powered-on aircraft using either the mounting bracket connector or a separate USB to Micro USB connector cable to connect the Crystalsky Ultra to the RC?

UPDATE (4:50 pm CST): DJI Mindy -  I updated my P4Pro aircraft to the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 2017.12.25 this afternoon with the Crystalsky Ultra connected to the P4Pro aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4Pro.  The firmware update took 5 attempts before it completely downloaded successfully.  I suspect that the DJI servers were overloaded today with new Phantom owners downloading firmware updates and registering their Christmas present aircraft. The firmware update then proceeded and it took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt).  When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, tell DJI Engineering that the V 01.05.0300 firmware update for the P4Pro fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

I then tested the Crystalsky Ultra with my P4 aircraft and RC and this hardware combination still has the 0%  aircraft battery level display issue, which makes sense since a new P4 firmware has not been released by DJI recently. So, I will wait patiently for a new P4 firmware release to include the same fix as was included in the 2017-12-25 P4Pro firmware release.

2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:17
DJI Mindy - any updates from DJI engineering dept. on a resolution ( or explanation/ confirmation) of my issue with the DJI GO 4 app displaying only 0% aircraft battery level when my Crystalsky Ultra monitor is connected wto my powered-on P4 or P4Pro RC and powered-on aircraft using either the mounting bracket connector or a separate USB to Micro USB connector cable to connect the Crystalsky Ultra to the RC?

UPDATE (4:50 pm CST): DJI Mindy -  I updated my P4Pro aircraft to the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 2017.12.25 this afternoon with the Crystalsky Ultra connected to the P4Pro aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4Pro.  The firmware update took 5 attempts before it completely downloaded successfully.  I suspect that the DJI servers were overloaded today with new Phantom owners downloading firmware updates and registering their Christmas present aircraft. The firmware update then proceeded and it took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt).  When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, tell DJI Engineering that the V 01.05.0300 firmware update for the P4Pro fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

Hi Mann, thanks for the update.
Our engineers are still working on your issue, sorry to have kept you waiting. I will transfer your feedback to our engineers for attention, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-27
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I’ve just received my 7.85 ultra bright having waited 6 weeks for it. Came with the latest firmware installed and works perfectly with my P4P, Mavic and I2/x5s. No issues whatsoever and the battery percentage displays fine on all three drones using the DJI Crystalsky P4P/I2 mount and the evolution3d mount on the Mavic.  
2017-12-27
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-27 09:28
I’ve just received my 7.85 ultra bright having waited 6 weeks for it. Came with the latest firmware installed and works perfectly with my P4P, Mavic and I2/x5s. No issues whatsoever and the battery percentage displays fine on all three drones using the DJI Crystalsky P4P/I2 mount and the evolution3d mount on the Mavic.

Dan_vector,

Did you install the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 25DEC2017 on your P4P before testing it with your Crystalsky UB? For me, the aircraft battery percentage only started reading correctly AFTER upgrading the P4P firmware.  However, Iannes reported that he got correct percentage readouts with the previous firmware as well. Weird.

Otherwise I have had flawless performance with the Crystalsky UB over 5 flights up to 21 minutes with absolutely no device freeze ups, no hanging of the DJI GO 4 app, excellent frame rate in Live View camera while flying, and - best of all - I can clearly see the screen when flying even with clear skies and bright sun shining on the screen! No more screen hoods and washed out images trying to use an iPad Pro or iPad Air 2 as my mobile device.
2017-12-27
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-27 10:03
Dan_vector,

Did you install the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 25DEC2017 on your P4P before testing it with your Crystalsky UB? For me, the aircraft battery percentage only started reading correctly AFTER upgrading the P4P firmware.  However, Iannes reported that he got correct percentage readouts with the previous firmware as well. Weird.

No I used the CS on the old P4P firmware and had the battery percentage display correctly. I haven't updated the P4P yet. I will do so tonight.
2017-12-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-12-26 10:17
DJI Mindy - any updates from DJI engineering dept. on a resolution ( or explanation/ confirmation) of my issue with the DJI GO 4 app displaying only 0% aircraft battery level when my Crystalsky Ultra monitor is connected wto my powered-on P4 or P4Pro RC and powered-on aircraft using either the mounting bracket connector or a separate USB to Micro USB connector cable to connect the Crystalsky Ultra to the RC?

UPDATE (4:50 pm CST): DJI Mindy -  I updated my P4Pro aircraft to the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 2017.12.25 this afternoon with the Crystalsky Ultra connected to the P4Pro aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4Pro.  The firmware update took 5 attempts before it completely downloaded successfully.  I suspect that the DJI servers were overloaded today with new Phantom owners downloading firmware updates and registering their Christmas present aircraft. The firmware update then proceeded and it took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt).  When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, tell DJI Engineering that the V 01.05.0300 firmware update for the P4Pro fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

Glad to see it was finally resolved, still perplexed by the solution as you were the only person who reported this type of issue, all the best
2017-12-28
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-27 05:11
Hi Mann, thanks for the update.
Our engineers are still working on your issue, sorry to have kept you waiting. I will transfer your feedback to our engineers for attention, appreciate your patience.

DJI Mindy -

The 0% aircraft battery reading issue on the DJI GO 4 app camera screen when using my P4Pro or P4 aircraft with my Crystalsky UB has now been totally resolved by the most recent firmware updates provided for the P4 and P4Pro aircraft.  See my updates below.  Tell DJI Engineering staff THANKS!!

UPDATE (28JAN2018): I updated my P4 aircraft to the new V 02.00.0700 firmware dated 2018.01.24 last night with the Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to the P4 aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4. After firmware download to the Crystalsky completed, the P4 aircraft firmware update took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt). When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the P4 aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, tell DJI Engineering that the V 02.00.0700 firmware update for the P4 fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.

UPDATE (17DEC2017): I updated my P4Pro aircraft to the V 01.05.0300 firmware dated 2017.12.25 this afternoon with the Crystalsky Ultra Bright connected to the P4Pro aircraft via the mounting bracket USB cable and the DJI-supplied adapter cable that came with my P4Pro.  After firmware download to the Crystalsky completed, the P4Pro aircraft firmware update took about 20 minutes to successfully complete (on the first attempt).  When I powered everything up after the firmware update, the DJI GO 4 app running on the Crystalsky now correctly reports the P4Pro aircraft battery percentage (and voltage) on the upper right corner of the live view camera screen!!! Note: this update did not include a firmware update for the RC.  So, tell DJI Engineering the V 01.05.0300 firmware update for the P4Pro fixed the 0% aircraft battery reading issue for me. I am very pleased by this.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-1-28 10:48
DJI Mindy -

The 0% aircraft battery reading issue on the DJI GO 4 app camera screen when using my P4Pro or P4 aircraft with my Crystalsky UB has now been totally resolved by the most recent firmware updates provided for the P4 and P4Pro aircraft.  See my updates below.  Tell DJI Engineering staff THANKS!!

Hi Mann, thank you so much for the update and we know it's been hard for you to having this issue for such a long time, but glad to know everything has got sorted out now, hope you enjoy it, please let us know if there is any further problem. Thank you.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules