Compare the P4P and the P4A for me...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, it's that time.  Considering a P4A and would like to know if the only difference between the P4A and P4P is the more advanced obstacle avoidance on the P.  If so I think I'll be okay, with saving a couple of hundred quid and just buying the A.  From what I've read, the cameras appear to be the same.  Is this also true?  Any owners of either bird care to chime in with opinions?  Thanks ahead of time.
2017-12-8
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

A couple of things more than just the side avoidance but not much really.  Approx 19:30 into this the differences are listed:
2017-12-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply and the informative video Hakan.
2017-12-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can see the full list features side by side on DJI's comparison page:
https://www.dji.com/products/com ... =brandsite&from=nav
Just turn off the models you aren't interested in until you are left with the P4 pro and P4 Adv
2017-12-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, did that already, but thank you.
2017-12-8
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

It doesn´t have 5,8Ghz...
2017-12-8
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

It doesn't have 5,8Ghz... I bought one today!...
2017-12-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

lafoto Posted at 2017-12-8 14:22
It doesn´t have 5,8Ghz...

Aloha Miata,

Not only does it not have the side sensors (Tripod with Narrow Sensing), but as noted by Iafoto, it does not have 5.8 GHz communication.  5.8 GHz communication allows you to work in an environment with a lot of electronics like cordless phones and nursery cameras without the interference (most suburban communities).

Those who are on the border between buying a P4 Pro and a P4 Advanced almost always regret buying the P4 Advanced when they get into the real world.  Sorry, but true.  Just heard it again this week.  Cheap-out and you loose the benefits.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-8 21:56
Aloha Miata,

Not only does it not have the side sensors (Tripod with Narrow Sensing), but as noted by Iafoto, it does not have 5.8 GHz communication.  5.8 GHz communication allows you to work in an environment with a lot of electronics like cordless phones and nursery cameras without the interference (most suburban communities).

Personal opinion - I have the P4A myself and have had no complaints at all and certainly do not regret - "Cheaping out" in any way. Been flying DJI for a number of years now and the 4A is my go to when that extra still detail is required. Had no issues at all for the time I have had her.
2017-12-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-12-11 07:03
Personal opinion - I have the P4A myself and have had no complaints at all and certainly do not regret - "Cheaping out" in any way. Been flying DJI for a number of years now and the 4A is my go to when that extra still detail is required. Had no issues at all for the time I have had her.

Aloha Corey,

My apologies regarding the "Cheap out" comment.  I also apologize to all other Forum members who may share your personal opinion and may have been offended by my comment.  My experiences with DJI products are the same as yours and I recommend DJI products to anybody who asks, not matter whether it is an Advanced or Pro, etc.

If I may change my suggestion to something more like, if you have to ask which one, get the better more capable product.  For the price, you cannot beat it and you will spare yourself the doubting of whether you should have gotten the more capable product.  If someone knows what they need vs what the want or wish they could get, then they will be happy with their purchase as you are.  They are all just great birds.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-11
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No need for the apology my friend. I'm not one of the PC members of the forum. The only craft I wasn't blown away with is the Spark. Yes, you can do some neat stuff with it but the camera is lacking. Brilliant little speed drone that was tested to death on holiday on the beach but ultimately.......Needed a better bird. I started out with the Hubsan 501S with no sensors at all and just GPS and then moved to DJI. Mostly though it's the pilot that makes the bird. Reading some of the recent issues on here makes me wonder whether they should even have purchased one to start with. Hand on heart, I can say that I have only ever had 1 issue with not linking or being able to fly and that was a location issue. Moved half a mile down the road and was good as it always is. Never crashed, never killed my dog and never had the nightmares posted on the forum. If the main use is for vids then I would sway to the Mavic as a best buy/starting point. I have both the Mavic and P4A. Love them both. In summary - For Pro use the Mavic is a great starting point. If it's a total safe blanket solution then the P4P. Being a hobby photographer I love the P4A as it sits in with what I need it for. Ultimate Pro filming option - Inspire series for those that have the money laying around. Don't forget the licence if any drone is to be used for money gain.
2017-12-11
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

here in Scotland 2.4ghz is better over 5.8ghz as we don't have great big city's
or a lot of tech we still use the old horse & carts here lol  
and I never use the avoidance sensors with flying older birds
for a while now but it was cheaper for the upgraded camera with less of the bits
which soothed the open wallet surgery
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules