Spark disconnects from phone wifi
1008 3 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi! I recently bought the spark and have only flown it via the phone. I have the iphone X. About mid flight the wifi connection disconects from the phone. I quickly went to wifi settings and the wifi was now connected to a wifi network near me. I switched it back to "spark wifi" and was able to fly the spark back to me and land safely. I changed batteries and flew again and it did the same thing. Is there a way to get the spark and phone wifi to stay connected? I was only a few hundred feet away both times
2017-12-8
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The spark was probably out of range and the iphone automatically connected to another known network.
You can either go farther away from that network or disable automatic connection to it.
I don’t know it you can switch the spark to 2.4GHz without the radio controller. That might extend the range.
2017-12-8
Use props
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

heliman Posted at 2017-12-8 13:53
The spark was probably out of range and the iphone automatically connected to another known network.
You can either go farther away from that network or disable automatic connection to it.
I don’t know it you can switch the spark to 2.4GHz without the radio controller. That might extend the range.

ooooh, ok. makes sense. what is the wifi range? I think i was only a couple hundred feet away?
thanks!!
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

AbqDunn Posted at 2017-12-8 13:58
ooooh, ok. makes sense. what is the wifi range? I think i was only a couple hundred feet away?
thanks!!

Hi, sir. Please note that if you connect your spark with phone, you can only fly 100 m. I would recommend you use RC to fly your spark for better range. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules