Spark Blurry Video
7522 18 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yeti_Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14094 ft
United States

I have had the Spark for a short period of time and have done a handful of flights and videos, but each time i view the videos on my Macbook the videos appear blurry or out of focus. I have used the tripod mode, thinking maybe i was flying too fast, but i see no difference in focus. I was shooting on a bright and sunny day with the camera in full auto, so i wouldnt think there should be blur from a slow shutter.  In addion, i reloaded all the firmware and the Spark says its up to date. Im not sure what to do or if there is a setting that would allow me to change the focus or help resolve the issue.  Has anyone else had focusing issues with the spark?
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_96nPWVr
lvl.4
United States

Didn't have this issue.. Do you want to share some of the videos taken? Just to make sure you've removed the sticker from the camera lens?
2017-12-8
Use props
derider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

Hi,

Does the blurry video appear all time and at the whole screen?

When doing stick movements or gimbal up/down it does happen at my video also and if the wind is strong (you get high wind warnings) it also have influence at the video that can show blurry spots at the video. When doing flight in normal wind (and no high wind warnings in app) it does not give blurry video. So, if the Spark has to fight with the wind and moves a little -  the camera seems to have trouble to focus - however I'm not a expert on this.
2017-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Show us some of the blurry stuff.
Preferably with the settings you used.  
Then we can analyse
2017-12-9
Use props
Yeti_Man
lvl.1
United States

HI All,

This is my first drone and took me a bit to figure out how to upload a video. I took 3 different videos of 3 different days flying the spark and put it together.  Please let me know if you all agree that its blurry or maybe its just me and poor drone flying.  For settings, i kept all camera items on auto, i used tripod mode in the first few clips and active track in others. Hopefully this link works, if not please let me know.

Thanks
2017-12-11
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5443 ft
Germany

same problem, same look at my shots :/
2017-12-11
Use props
Yeti_Man
lvl.1
United States

Sorry want to bump this up. Trying to figure out before the holidays. Are the videos blurry to others and do you guys think it’s hardware issue or operator error.

Thanks
2017-12-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Yeti_Man Posted at 2017-12-11 18:56
HI All,

This is my first drone and took me a bit to figure out how to upload a video. I took 3 different videos of 3 different days flying the spark and put it together.  Please let me know if you all agree that its blurry or maybe its just me and poor drone flying.  For settings, i kept all camera items on auto, i used tripod mode in the first few clips and active track in others. Hopefully this link works, if not please let me know.

Even if I risk to embarrass myself now I would say that I don't see anything blurry except a little bit where you do quick turns with your Spark. Looks all quite normal to me. Very interesting landscape by the way, where is it? And I really like the shot of the cattle :-)
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeti_Man Posted at 2017-12-11 18:56
HI All,

This is my first drone and took me a bit to figure out how to upload a video. I took 3 different videos of 3 different days flying the spark and put it together.  Please let me know if you all agree that its blurry or maybe its just me and poor drone flying.  For settings, i kept all camera items on auto, i used tripod mode in the first few clips and active track in others. Hopefully this link works, if not please let me know.

Are you using auto or manual it looks over exposed trees can be a problem , Filters will help with this.
2017-12-17
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97274 ft
United States

Is that the video that cached to your mobile device (phone or tablet) or is that the raw video from the memory card? I realized that my phone was only caching 360p videos but the full res versions that weren't blurry were on the memory card and easily accessible. Also (only because I've done this), have you made sure the lens is clean/no clear plastic tape coverings?
2017-12-17
Use props
Yeti_Man
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for everyone looking and responding. The place the video was shot is las trampas in San Ramon, CA.

The settings are all auto, I thought the images were a bit over exposed to. Will look into some filters (polerizer and ND)

I have cleaned the lens and did remove the plastic cover.

The footage is from the card downloaded to my computer. The sd card is a Sandisk extreme so it should be able to handle the 25 bit of the spark easily.
2017-12-17
Use props
Wave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157618 ft
United States

@Yeti_Man - I think I see what you are talking about. It is almost as if there are weird 'halos' around objects closer to the camera - it looks like there is a weird depth of field adjustment that is not getting the image correctly focused.

I pulled some video footage from mine new Spark and see a similar 'artifacting' in the video as well.
2017-12-27
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-17 08:36
Even if I risk to embarrass myself now I would say that I don't see anything blurry except a little bit where you do quick turns with your Spark. Looks all quite normal to me. Very interesting landscape by the way, where is it? And I really like the shot of the cattle :-)

Same here. Watched it in 1080 on 27" monitor and looks normal other than the turns. Surprised the cows didn't scatter when you flew over them.
2017-12-27
Use props
Freeradical26
lvl.1

United States

Yeti man, i agree with you it looks crappy to say the least, i cannot understand how all those others are saying it is normal???
When the drone comes and we see your face even if i knew you i would not be able to recognize you!
Guess i some of us need an eye test :-)
2018-4-4
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

definitely not sharp from my viewing of your video. Looks like this is cached video rather than the full size file.
2018-4-5
Use props
marchasriel
New
Philippines

hi guys! newby here. im having trouble with my videos . it seems every video i got was pixelated. ive tried to go manual on camera settings still it gets blurry or pixelated shots
2019-4-23
Use props
fans2dda0abc
New

Australia

Hi there,

I thought I had the exact same problem, however, I decided to go on my cached videos... and ended up deleting quite a bit as there was not enough storage to contain all my videos (whether original or cached). Once i deleted quite a bit. The video footage went back to its original standard.
2019-6-13
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

All my videos looked like crap on the computer but when I watch them in HD on my TV from You Tube they are spectacular.
2019-6-18
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-17 08:36

was going to say the same thing? I do not see it as a blurry video. That tree is pretty cool. Careful with those branches, they will sneak up on your little one
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules