Goggles
707 9 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 528097 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have experience of the goggles with the phantom 4 Pro, are they worth the cost?
I’m tempted to try them
2017-12-9
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Same here. I've read one review that stated the goggles performed best with the Mavic. Is there truth to this?
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I tried them but could not focus on the screen they dont have anyway to adjust focus this effects many people even with 20 20 vision so i suggest you try before you buy.
You can get corrective lenses to fix the problem but they can be very annoying to wear if you dont normally wear glasses..
2017-12-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-9 04:44
I tried them but could not focus on the screen they dont have anyway to adjust focus this effects many people even with 20 20 vision so i suggest you try before you buy.
You can get corrective lenses to fix the problem but they can be very annoying to wear if you dont normally wear glasses..

Hi there, I have used the Goggles with the added lenses are work fine, proper focus.
There are several ones to choose from 1.50 2.00 up to 3.50 I tried a pair of cheap reading glasses from PoundLand to find the right strength. I fitted a pair of 3.50 lenses inside the Goggles and everything nice and clear. They don't affect the fit of the Goggles, not sure what you mean about wearing them as they fit into the Goggles by a click fit.
I use the Goggles on my Inspire 1.v2 (2nd RC for the Camera controller to find the best shots - on Spark and my P4P+ and have no problems. They are best I think when used as a View for a second person, then the pilot can still use a display.
bye, davawt
2017-12-9
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Thanks davawt , answered my questions .
2017-12-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I have the goggles and they are worth it if you are filming and trying to get the feel that you are flying with the drone, but I have noticed it gets heavy after long periods of use. Its worth it if you play to fly alot, but its bulky to carry around especially lugging around a P4P too.
2017-12-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

JamesWhenman Posted at 2017-12-9 10:25
Thanks davawt , answered my questions .

No Prob's James, I think they are great as my brother can see the action in FPV through the Goggles while I fly the Drone with the usual iPad mini 4 and because I am able to use my line of sight alls well legally.
Enjoy, bye
davawt
2017-12-9
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Had a question for the people who use the goggles; do you have them on the whole time? I'm a newbie but have a few hundred hours of flight time. I probably look at the screen 70% of the time and the other 30% I am looking at the bird (if it is in sight). Is it easy to take them off if you need to see the AC all of a sudden.

I would love to try these because I hate the glare of the screen, even when using it in the back of my truck out of the sun.

Thanks
2017-12-9
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Joe D. Posted at 2017-12-9 17:42
Had a question for the people who use the goggles; do you have them on the whole time? I'm a newbie but have a few hundred hours of flight time. I probably look at the screen 70% of the time and the other 30% I am looking at the bird (if it is in sight). Is it easy to take them off if you need to see the AC all of a sudden.

I would love to try these because I hate the glare of the screen, even when using it in the back of my truck out of the sun.

Hi Joe,
You don't need to take them off your head, they can be tilted up so as to still see the display screen or line of site, I think you will find most counties say if you wear them all the time you will need a spotter (person)  to keep a site of the Drone.
But as I have said they are best used for second person to get a view as from the Drone camera view.
or as I do for the Inspire 1.v2 use them for the second RC for camera control.
As someone has said they are heavy to wear all the time.
If you get them you will soon find a way to use them best for your own purpose, but I think they are a great accessory (Add-On)
bye
davawt
2017-12-10
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-12-10 02:52
Hi Joe,
You don't need to take them off your head, they can be tilted up so as to still see the display screen or line of site, I think you will find most counties say if you wear them all the time you will need a spotter (person)  to keep a site of the Drone.
But as I have said they are best used for second person to get a view as from the Drone camera view.

Gotcha. Thanks
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules