Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lense misting up in UK cold weather
545 5 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi here in the UK the weather is cold now. So I used my mavic for the first time in a while. And the lense has a small spot on it in flight and video is misty. Dose anyone know how to sort this out, without smashing the lense out? I've had the mavic for 6months so I don't think it's covered under the warranty. Cheers
2017-12-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen examples of this on YT. The best solution is to leave the drone out in a warm room for a day or two to allow any internal moisture to evaporate. Don't put it in front of any heaters or a hair dryer - just leave it at room temp and it should be fine. If it persists you may need to send it back due to a broken seal. I would also store the drone in a warmer area of your house when not in use.
2017-12-9
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try letting it adjust to the ambient temp. before using the camera. If it has been in a warm place and you then bring it out in the cold condensation will coat the lens. This is normal with any camera.
2017-12-9
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Try what the others said 1st. If it is out of warranty and continues then go to Ebay and look for the camera only and grab one there if you find a reputable seller of course. There are videos on youtube that will show you how to change them out. Pretty easy and i think that would fix it.
2017-12-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leave it out in an ambient temperature and see if it goes away.
2017-12-9
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you. I was using the drone for about 70 mins and it still dose not clear. Really annoying. I thought an expensive toy like this wouldn't have these problems. Bloody DJI are a joke sometimes!
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules