Comparing Heliengaden and T-Motor CF props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a comparison between these two brands of folding Carbon Fiber props for the Inspire 2.
Both brands are available from Florida Drone Supply.
Prices shown are current as of the writing of this comparison and may change.

props4.jpg
props3.jpg
props2.jpg
props1.jpg
2017-12-9
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome info! Thank you for sharing.
2018-1-17
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Nice review. T-Motor products generally appear to be of good quality.
2018-1-18
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!
As I mentioned in the review, I have both and have left the T-Motors on.
They are close but I prefer the T's because of slight increase in efficiency. But the ringer was being able to adjust them on the bird.
I like to open them up before powering up to minimize 'adjustment' once they are spinning, so a nice snug mount is needed. This way I have no wobbles at all when powering up. (I never use auto launch.)
2018-1-19
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

all great information. Thank you for taking the time to perform these tests.
Did you also, or will you in the future take sound pressure readings of each prop and audio recordings from a recorder that does not automatically adjust microphone gain? (not a phone)
were you able to connect in a schottky diode / volt/amp meter into the inspire2 to measure exact efficiency at hover and full throttle?

aloha,
Brian
2018-1-20
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice Review! Thank you very much :-)
2018-1-20
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Polymath Posted at 2018-1-20 10:22
all great information. Thank you for taking the time to perform these tests.
Did you also, or will you in the future take sound pressure readings of each prop and audio recordings from a recorder that does not automatically adjust microphone gain? (not a phone)
were you able to connect in a schottky diode / volt/amp meter into the inspire2 to measure exact efficiency at hover and full throttle?

I have no plans to do any further testing.
The sound level did not seem any different, nor does the maker say they are any quieter.
My primary concern is reliable, vibration free mounting, something that the stock props do not offer.
2018-1-20
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-20 11:44
I have no plans to do any further testing.
The sound level did not seem any different, nor does the maker say they are any quieter.
My primary concern is reliable, vibration free mounting, something that the stock props do not offer.

understood. thank you again.
2018-1-20
Use props
FlyaDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188750 ft
United States

Very glad for you to share that information. I still 11.5 months of Care/Refresh and 3 sets of DJI props. Would hate to void replacement if needed.
2018-1-27
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220633 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear Forum Members,

do you know any shop in europe where i can order the t-motor props?

2018-2-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aero
Thanks for sharing this information again on the DJI forum.  I hope that DJI can see we have interest in having the CF folding prop for the Inspire 1 / 2 series of drones!

Great as always   

Rich
2018-2-1
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>

I just bought the T-Motor props and took a quick flight, they seem to respond better. Still quite noisy on the Inspire 2, thought the prop design may reduce the noise a bit. Will test this weekend
Thanks for the info Aeromirage, I do like the T-Motor props
2018-4-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Glad you like them!

I didn't notice any reduction in noise either.
But then, they don't claim any reduction.
2018-4-13
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

snath Posted at 2018-4-13 19:03
I just bought the T-Motor props and took a quick flight, they seem to respond better. Still quite noisy on the Inspire 2, thought the prop design may reduce the noise a bit. Will test this weekend
Thanks for the info Aeromirage, I do like the T-Motor props

How difficult was the installation? What tools did you require?
2018-4-17
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-17 06:31
How difficult was the installation? What tools did you require?

The overall installation was quite simple, a bit of a challenge getting a couple of screws off. I had purchased a iFixit kit that has the unique Torx screw drivers to unscrew and screw. I also had bought the blue #242 liquid screw lock

Take your time, think all was done in about an hour. I waited for the liquid lock to dry before taking a flight, still quite noisy.
2018-4-17
Use props
Nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

snath Posted at 2018-4-17 06:39
The overall installation was quite simple, a bit of a challenge getting a couple of screws off. I had purchased a iFixit kit that has the unique Torx screw drivers to unscrew and screw. I also had bought the blue #242 liquid screw lock

Take your time, think all was done in about an hour. I waited for the liquid lock to dry before taking a flight, still quite noisy.

I have been flying with the Koptermax folding propellers for 5 months - very pleased with them. BUT think the shaking on startup is disturbing and for now I have the Xoar propellers with adapters - very nice - more quiet and no shaking on startup. ( I am used to folding propellers from my M600 ) No problem with installation.
2018-4-18
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

Great review! Thanks for sharing
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules