6884 7 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

I've just updated my Phantom 4 (original version) to the latest firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (which is also the latest version). All was fine before the update, but now, I do not get an image on  my iPad Mini / iPhone 6 plus from the P4 camera when connected correctly to the controller/P4. Mostly I get just a grey image  but every few minutes I may get a static part-image, where the rest of the image is green. I do NOT get a "no image transmission signal" message that I have seen reported by others. I also have no memory card inserted at the moment. I've heard of bizarre issues that relate to that when the memory card is nearly full. That is not relevant here.

Also, the  controller light is no longer a solid green when connected to the P4, but is flickering rapidly between red and green which it didn't do before the firmware update.

Based on what I've  found on-line,  I believe that the problem is probably that the controller firmware has not been upgraded, so there's a compatibility issue between the P4 and the controller.

However, on the DJI GO App on the iPad/iPhone, it does NOT give me an option to update the firmware.

I also tried to update the controller firmware using DJI Assistant 2, by connecting the controller to my PC (and a Mac which I also have).
DJI Assistant 2 recognises the controller, but then always gives the error "Cannot load firmware list", so I can't upgrade the firmware that way either.

I thought it might be possible to upgrade the firmware of the controller directly by placing the firmware update on a memory stick and connecting that to the controller.
However, there doesn't appear to be an option to download the firmware directly from the DJI website for the P4.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any other way to force an update of the controller software?
Would resetting the P4 to factory defaults from DJI Assistant 2 help do you think?

Thanks for your help

Liz

2017-12-9
Use props
technokill
lvl.1
Germany

Hello Liz,

check this post and see script number #18

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D368&page=1

Bye,

Thomas
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Try to use the link above and #18 and get your P4S back to version 1.6.0 or 1.6.0+.  Do not use 1.8.0 as it installs odd going back from 1.9.3 which is the current OEM one.

When you get to step #4, you'll find you cannot get into the camera part. It might be they changed GO 3's behavior (Swipe left to get from the Inspire 1 to the P3 with new iOS 11.).  However, if you now open GO 4 and when you get into the flight screen, the one on the left with all the starting functions should show a red triangle with a "!" in it.  Click on that and it should tell you to upgrade the RC (via Wi-Fi) to 1.9.3.  Do the download.

If it updates to 100% you should be ready to do the relink.  Yours is probably blinking red to green rapidly over and over again as the link isn't good.  If the 1.9.3 isn't installing, it is hanging due to some oddity with the USB port and you'll notice the Device name will be blank where it should say "Phantom 4."  I think there is something wrong either with Apple's iOS or DJI where it is losing the USB connection and if you unplug and replug the USB, the device name Phantom 4 reappears.  You may need to do this after the download of 1.9.3 is done as well else it may not install (Unplug and replug and it should start the installation from 0-100%).

Went through this disaster yesterday and it seems it is relinked and solid green now from the flickering red-green, but I'm skeptical that GO 4.1.8 will keep the USB connection solid and not begin to drop off things like the C1 camera movement that suddenly stops working and then resumes working by repluging the USB cord along with version info being dropped in the GO 4 About page.  Something is wonky someplace, and I've replaced the cord and thought it was cured, but the unplug and replug is what fixed it - albeit temporarily.

Good luck.  This stuff isn't so user friendly at times, especially with it being buggy as well and dropping the USB connection at times.

2017-12-9
Use props
Liz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Thomas and "fansa84fe8a4"

I managed to go through this process using just DJI GO 3.
I did have a problem accessing the "camera" part, but disconnecting the lead and reconnecting it a couple of times and it just worked. Not sure what was going on there.
From there, the firmware install of 1.9.3 went fine. No more video problems, and the light on the controller is a solid green again. As far as I can tell without a flight, everything now appears to be working correctly :-)

The whole update firmware method really is really un-user friendly in any case in my opinion, and the problem here is pretty much a nightmare. DJI must be aware of how to fix this problem. Why is there no official advise from them on how to fix it? (or maybe I missed it).
I see some people have been advised to send back their drones for repair because of this. Madness, for something that is clearly a software issue.

Thanks to you both for your help!

Liz
2017-12-9
Use props
technokill
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Liz,

this company wants to make money and the drone we are using is not
the actual one. I know this very well from apple products.
They still work on new products and if old stuff has a problem, so there is no money to make with helping out.

It is not really sustainable for a company, but the more money they make, they loose faith and passion.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Liz Posted at 2017-12-9 08:55
Thanks Thomas and "fansa84fe8a4"

I managed to go through this process using just DJI GO 3.

Yay!  

Good to know the unplugging and replugging got you into the screen and up and running.

Why this U&R (Unplug and Replug) USB cable nonsense is going on with GO and iOS is maddening!  Just watch out in flight should something partially go askew (Like the C1 gimbal not working.) and a U&R needed again.  I use Autpilot and once I exit GO 4 to make my camera settings, and then start Autopilot and it counts down to start the mission, it doesn't start flying away and it just sits there.  I suspect I need to do a U&R there too.

Best of luck!

2017-12-9
Use props
Robert cc
New
Flight distance : 32684 ft
United States

I own a. Sry expensive inspire pro one. It worked perfect until it required me to upgrade the firmware. I have had image transmission problems since. This company is a POS.
2020-2-8
Use props
Robert cc
New
Flight distance : 32684 ft
United States

I own a very expensive inspire pro one. It worked perfect until it required me to upgrade the firmware. I have had image transmission problems since. This company is a POS.
2020-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules