Still having focus issues
1189 10 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

I think I need to send my Mavic Pro back for replacement. I have tried everything that DJI has requested and still have exposure and focus issues. I have been using AFC to see if that would help the focus and soft edges, but it is still terrible. Should I expect this to get better with a new unit? How does having DJI care refresh help my situation?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNj88zXS7KrD3DqAyXmEElbeX96ieWmx/view?usp=sharing
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Mstrauss, what's the current firmware of the aircraft? The over-exposed might be found in every high dynamic range scene. Also, please try the "Vivid" color profile to achieve a darker and flat tone.
2017-12-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Resetting the camera within the app tends to fix the focus issue too. Be sure to reconfigure your camera settings and calibrate the gimbal on a flat surface after doing so.
2017-12-10
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Hello,
You fly against the light!
Fly the Mavic the other way ! Sun in the back ... to see ...
2017-12-10
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

Here's the thing. I have tried all of these suggestions multiple times. I am not sure why it should be so hard to get decent footage. I am an experienced photographer with a good knowledge of the relationship between shutter speed, ISO and aperture. I am also using a ND filter from DJi just to prevent even worse overexposure. I am sending the drone in and if the next one has the same problems I will dispute the purchase with paypal and get a refund. The Mavic is too expensive the deal with these constant firmware updates and camera resets as a solution.  If I want this type of footage I'll just buy a Parrot bebop and still have $500 in my pocket.
2017-12-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 01:53
Hey Mstrauss, what's the current firmware of the aircraft? The over-exposed might be found in every high dynamic range scene. Also, please try the "Vivid" color profile to achieve a darker and flat tone.

I am using the latest firmware. I also have had the same issue throughout the three firmware updates that have come out since I have had the drone. The video i shared was toward the sun, but the other direction with the sun at my back was no better. I have tried vivid and normal, d-log, cine-like without improvement. Should have purchased teh Phantom 4 pro. I am so mad I talked myself out of it as the camera is the most important part of a drone to me. The mavic is fun to fly, but the images are terrible.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2017-12-11 20:09
I am using the latest firmware. I also have had the same issue throughout the three firmware updates that have come out since I have had the drone. The video i shared was toward the sun, but the other direction with the sun at my back was no better. I have tried vivid and normal, d-log, cine-like without improvement. Should have purchased teh Phantom 4 pro. I am so mad I talked myself out of it as the camera is the most important part of a drone to me. The mavic is fun to fly, but the images are terrible.

Thanks for clarification. I'll forward to our engineers for double check. We will keep you posted.
2017-12-12
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

Thanks. I have a case open with DJI now and am sending it in for repair. I will update once it is fixed.
2017-12-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These drones are amazing - until they go wrong. Hope you get it fixed and returned soon.
2017-12-13
Use props
motard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Any news from the problem?
2018-1-12
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I returned the drone and it was replaced by DJI. The new camera is working well.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules