1327 14 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37749 ft
Brazil

Hello guys,

This is the second time this happened to my spark, and for lucky in both cases it survived. But I dont trust anymore in spark, and I am very afraid to fly again and lose my money or hurt someone.

Today I was flying about 10 meters high, I was bringing the drone to myself and coming down. Suddenly it started losing sustentation and falling not responding to my commands until it hit the floor.
At the log it is possible to see that it is speeding up and at the same time falling.
I had not received any messages prior to this flying or during it (that last 3 minutes), the compass and IMU was calibrated correctly and the place I was flying was a beach that I have flown many times.

I uploaded flight log and black box to dropbox, please let me know if any more information could be helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw6qcubfkkur5we/Spark%20Log.zip?dl=0

Does anyone know what could lead to this behavior?

Davi.
2017-12-9
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

just to complement...after it hit the floor, I hold it with my hands and tried to switch of moving both sticks down with no success.
I had to turn it off by pressing the battery button.
2017-12-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you reinstalled the firmware and reset to factory setting via the DJI Assistant 2

Are you using a apple device , if so you need to upgrade it to IOS 11.2 and then reinstall the DJI Go4 app to version 4.1.18
2017-12-9
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

lannes Posted at 2017-12-9 15:37
Have you reinstalled the firmware and reset to factory setting via the DJI Assistant 2

Are you using a apple device , if so you need to upgrade it to IOS 11.2 and then reinstall the DJI Go4 app to version 4.1.18

yes, after the first crash I reinstalled the firmware and reset factory as instructed by DJI support.

After some flights...same issue happened again.
I will update the IOS, but should this be related?
2017-12-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Daviribeiro Posted at 2017-12-9 16:28
yes, after the first crash I reinstalled the firmware and reset factory as instructed by DJI support.

After some flights...same issue happened again.

It was reported that 11.1.2 was causing problems with DJI Go4 4.1.18, that is things like shutting the app down all the time while flying
2017-12-9
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... I'm new to the spark myself. I noticed while setting up the device "Assistant 2" came up a few times. I use a Android and tried to D/L asst.2 with no luck for help in configuring the Spark. I figured it's a Apple app. Is it? Can I use it with my Android? And will I benifit from it?
2017-12-9
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

This is the log uploaded:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/J9QTF2YFEKJJESI5ZH7X/

I dont see messages, but it seems that the IMU altitude was weird....and after that entered as forced landing..what leads to it?
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Davi,  sorry to read on this, have you reported this to the Support? Please refer to the link below to contact the Support and provide them with the details, then they'll start a case for you.
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

sSkyPilot Posted at 2017-12-9 20:41
Hmmm... I'm new to the spark myself. I noticed while setting up the device "Assistant 2" came up a few times. I use a Android and tried to D/L asst.2 with no luck for help in configuring the Spark. I figured it's a Apple app. Is it? Can I use it with my Android? And will I benifit from it?

Hi, there, the DJI Assistant 2 can only be installed on the Windows PC and Mac. To set up the drone, you should download the DJI GO 4 APP on your phone (Apple or Android).
2017-12-11
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-11 19:17
Hi Davi,  sorry to read on this, have you reported this to the Support? Please refer to the link below to contact the Support and provide them with the details, then they'll start a case for you.
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hello Diana, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I reported this to support at case #876323.
If any more information is needed please let me know.

What is more important to me is to know if this is a hardware failure (failure unit) or a software issue.
2017-12-12
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Thank you, Diana...
2017-12-12
Use props
djiuser_Fzc6zu7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38245 ft
Malaysia

same problem with me, please dji solve this problem
2017-12-12
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Again it's a 4.1.18 error.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=120380
2017-12-13
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

djiuser_Fzc6zu7 Posted at 2017-12-12 18:05
same problem with me, please dji solve this problem

same problem? Drone was going down even with the motors on?
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Daviribeiro Posted at 2017-12-12 02:36
Hello Diana, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I reported this to support at case #876323.

To find out the cause, it is necessary to do a data analysis. Anyway, our support will let you know what info you should provide, they'll keep you updated via email. Hope it can be sorted out shortly.
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules