Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom P3A. How close do you fly to water.
841 8 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-12-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-9 20:43
Are you asking how close we get to flying over water or literally how close we get to the water surface?  I fly over water all the time but usually stay at least 10' above the surface.

https://youtu.be/fnhjyfNOynA

Water surface, I love flying over,water
2017-12-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-9 20:43
Are you asking how close we get to flying over water or literally how close we get to the water surface?  I fly over water all the time but usually stay at least 10' above the surface.

https://youtu.be/fnhjyfNOynA

These are some awesome videos. You got some flying skills.
2017-12-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I wouldn't get much lower than you already did, just to be on the safe side.
2017-12-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cool
2018-2-13
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Hi Woe - Looks like you were at D-River, Lincoln city at low tide. Great
2018-2-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Generally there are comments about the VPS and getting too close to water where it can cause problems. Consensus seems to be to switch it off if you expect to go nearer than 5 - 6m of the water ...

If I fly over saltwater or brackish - I take regard that salt is my worst enemy ... so I fly higher than if over freshwater. I know it sounds daft ... but that's me.

I do fly low at times ... 4 - 5m but that is only when I have clear LOS and its near. As I go further out - I climb to maintain safe height just in case.

I made a flight just a couple days ago and my average for one section was at 6m ... to get the ice fisher guys ... but I can be honest to say that I was not comfortable with it ... over 400m distance out and so close to ice surface .. any error / event and its bin-bag !

Nigel
2018-2-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-13 07:10
Generally there are comments about the VPS and getting too close to water where it can cause problems. Consensus seems to be to switch it off if you expect to go nearer than 5 - 6m of the water ...

If I fly over saltwater or brackish - I take regard that salt is my worst enemy ... so I fly higher than if over freshwater. I know it sounds daft ... but that's me.

Fair statement, not everyone is comfortable flying over water. All honesty this was my first flight over water. But now I’m just as comfortable over water as over land.
2018-2-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

At reasonable height ... say 20m or higher - I'm fine .... over water or land - for me is same ... only difference is no trees !!

Nigel
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules