How to get DJI to Respond for a refund
1839 24 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyingz06
lvl.1
United States

The rep said she’d request a call tag fto send my brand new never used drone back for a rrefund, but no email or response after that.

One blade won’t push down all the way and allow it to run and lock into place.   I’d just like a refund of my drone and dji care for a product that was shipped defective to me.   What’s the best way?  The lady who answered my call barely spoke English.

Thank you!
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, just to verify, do you purchase the Mavic and DJI Care Refresh from DJI directly? Could you tell us your case number or email address when you contacted the Support? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you.
2017-12-9
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there's an actual defect, shouldn't have an issue with clearly a defect with mount. Good luck with refund.
2017-12-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is it possible that you tried to put the props onto the wrong motor? I find it strange that you would want a refund on a product that you obviously did try to use.
I can't imagine you would qualify for a refund under the circumstances because even if there is a problem with the propeller mount, then it is only a very minor fix.
2017-12-9
Use props
Flyingz06
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-9 19:36
Hey there, just to verify, do you purchase the Mavic and DJI Care Refresh from DJI directly? Could you tell us your case number or email address when you contacted the Support? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you.

Yes Susan I can.  Can u message me directly so I’m not putting my email on a public forum.  She wouldn’t provide a case number... said I’d have it when I received my email from dji.   Please message me directly.  Thank you
2017-12-10
Use props
Flyingz06
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-9 20:56
Is it possible that you tried to put the props onto the wrong motor? I find it strange that you would want a refund on a product that you obviously did try to use.
I can't imagine you would qualify for a refund under the circumstances because even if there is a problem with the propeller mount, then it is only a very minor fix.

Jenna,  where did you read that I used it?   It’s new out of the box and never used.  Two of the motors didn’t have the props on them.  One prop wouldn’t go on.   The rep said it would take weeks in repair, so send me a new one then I said.  I’ve never used it and why should I wait 2-3 weeks, plus I can’t take it on vacation with me, that’s one of the reasons I bought it.   Frustrated a brand new drone is defective.
2017-12-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Not sure if all the world is encompassed by this.  But anyone can within a 14 day frame.  Ask for a refund, even if I just change my mind on a perfect product.
2017-12-10
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-9 19:36

Under DJI Grace's posting on the Alpine White announcement I posted a number of replies (see #135) regarding this condition... that some of the props would not mount on their "designated" motor mount.  After some careful inspection I discovered that I received 9 "CCW" props and only one "CW" prop.  As it turns out, the blades were mounted on the wrong colored hub.  

The Alpine White "kit" comes with two props mounted on the rear arms - one hub has the white circle, the other "blank".  Boxed in the kit are eight more pairs of props.  Even though the hubs in each pair were matched sets - one white circled, one black/blank - the blanks have the same prop blades as the white circled.  Closer inspection show the blades with the same embossed "arrow lock" and product number coding as the white circled props.  Clearly a manufacturing error.  

I filed a CASE number on November 20th and have received nothing resolving the matter.  I've followed the REPAIR/TRACE link only to learn that it has been "verified" and elevated to the "next level" where it has been STUCK for nearly three weeks.  VERY very frustrating.  I have begged for some communication to the "next level" to find out whether I should be returning the whole kit, just the faulty props, purchase new ones.... ANYthing.  My up-to-date chronical is listed in today's post on the afformentioned thread.

So, whether or not the box was opened, this customer should contact support and open a case.
2017-12-10
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2017-12-10 06:13
Not sure if all the world is encompassed by this.  But anyone can within a 14 day frame.  Ask for a refund, even if I just change my mind on a perfect product.

Problem is, getting a reply from DJI within the 14 day period can be a problem.  There appears to be no 'formalized' way to apply for a refund/return merchandise authorization - RMA, or process that supports a dated complaint to a manufacturing defect (which extends to 30 days).
2017-12-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Flyingz06 Posted at 2017-12-10 06:03
Jenna,  where did you read that I used it?   It’s new out of the box and never used.  Two of the motors didn’t have the props on them.  One prop wouldn’t go on.   The rep said it would take weeks in repair, so send me a new one then I said.  I’ve never used it and why should I wait 2-3 weeks, plus I can’t take it on vacation with me, that’s one of the reasons I bought it.   Frustrated a brand new drone is defective.

I did not say you had used it, I said that you tried to use it. If you were not trying to use it, then why did you try to put the props on. And you would not be the first person to put the props onto the wrong motor and break the little tabs which try to prevent incorrect prop installation.
2017-12-10
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-10 21:20
I did not say you had used it, I said that you tried to use it. If you were not trying to use it, then why did you try to put the props on. And you would not be the first person to put the props onto the wrong motor and break the little tabs which try to prevent incorrect prop installation.

My thoughts exactly, broken tabs,.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flyingz06 Posted at 2017-12-10 06:00
Yes Susan I can.  Can u message me directly so I’m not putting my email on a public forum.  She wouldn’t provide a case number... said I’d have it when I received my email from dji.   Please message me directly.  Thank you

Sir, I've PMed you, please check whether you have received it and replied me directly, thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-10 06:39
Under DJI Grace's posting on the Alpine White announcement I posted a number of replies (see #135) regarding this condition... that some of the props would not mount on their "designated" motor mount.  After some careful inspection I discovered that I received 9 "CCW" props and only one "CW" prop.  As it turns out, the blades were mounted on the wrong colored hub.  

The Alpine White "kit" comes with two props mounted on the rear arms - one hub has the white circle, the other "blank".  Boxed in the kit are eight more pairs of props.  Even though the hubs in each pair were matched sets - one white circled, one black/blank - the blanks have the same prop blades as the white circled.  Closer inspection show the blades with the same embossed "arrow lock" and product number coding as the white circled props.  Clearly a manufacturing error.  

I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us case number? We'd like to look into it and keep improving our service, thanks in advance!
2017-12-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

To the OP, did you purchase this from DJI directly or via an on line seller or direct from a shop?

If you bought it from a shop or on line retailer then your issue is with them and they should be able to provide you with a full refund. If from DJI they should have a copy of the transaction details and should provide you with a full refund, not sure why you need to get a case number if the drone is not going back for repair.
2017-12-11
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-12-11 05:32
To the OP, did you purchase this from DJI directly or via an on line seller or direct from a shop?

If you bought it from a shop or on line retailer then your issue is with them and they should be able to provide you with a full refund. If from DJI they should have a copy of the transaction details and should provide you with a full refund, not sure why you need to get a case number if the drone is not going back for repair.

With regard to getting a CASE Number. when my issue was presented to DJI ( the day of purchase FROM DJI ) and I posed the questions of "return, exchange, refund, repair, replace" it was DJI that issued a CASE number.

I was naive enough to think they had some process in place to simply send out replacement props (no, the tabs were not broken off) that were properly manufactured.

My order arrived in three days.  Prior to arrival I had completely read the manuals, watched the "official" tutorials, viewed over a dozen YouTube beginner videos.  I was naive to their business practice, not to the product (i.e., assembling the parts).
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flyingz06 Posted at 2017-12-10 06:03
Jenna,  where did you read that I used it?   It’s new out of the box and never used.  Two of the motors didn’t have the props on them.  One prop wouldn’t go on.   The rep said it would take weeks in repair, so send me a new one then I said.  I’ve never used it and why should I wait 2-3 weeks, plus I can’t take it on vacation with me, that’s one of the reasons I bought it.   Frustrated a brand new drone is defective.

Update: I have received your message in PM, thanks! All the info you offered have been transferred to the designated team to investigate, we will keep follow up for you and update status here. Hopefully we can figure it out soon. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-11 06:10
With regard to getting a CASE Number. when my issue was presented to DJI ( the day of purchase FROM DJI ) and I posed the questions of "return, exchange, refund, repair, replace" it was DJI that issued a CASE number.

I was naive enough to think they had some process in place to simply send out replacement props (no, the tabs were not broken off) that were properly manufactured.

I managed to get the case number, this has been forwarded to the designated team to check and expedite the progress. I'll PM you the case number later and keep follow up the status. Hopefully we can figure it out soon. Thanks for your patience and support.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-11 06:10

I hear you .... I hope I don't have to deal directly with DJI as to me their systems seem very complicated and lacking with feedback. The amount of posts on this forum where people have issues with DJI customer service beggars belief.

In all honesty (and unless you have had an issue with DJI products) one would never know this side of the DJI ownership experience but having been part of this forum and seeing other forums relating to DJI products I am seriously considering selling my MP and going to another brand.

I have experience of other brands customer service and can vouch for it being very good.
Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion to your issues soon.
2017-12-12
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 20:31
I managed to get the case number, this has been forwarded to the designated team to check and expedite the progress. I'll PM you the case number later and keep follow up the status. Hopefully we can figure it out soon. Thanks for your patience and support.

Thank you VERY much.  Any communication that shows progression shows respect to the customer.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-12 07:55
Thank you VERY much.  Any communication that shows progression shows respect to the customer.

Per the case log, the supervisor has called you and the package has been shipped out. I'll PM you the tracking number. Wish you will receive it soon. Again, we apologize for all inconvenience. If there is any further issues, please come back to us, we'll be here for help.
2017-12-13
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-13 19:06
Per the case log, the supervisor has called you and the package has been shipped out. I'll PM you the tracking number. Wish you will receive it soon. Again, we apologize for all inconvenience. If there is any further issues, please come back to us, we'll be here for help.

Double thanks, Susan.  As you promised, I received a call this AM from a very very nice person ( complaint resolution here in the states ).  I was impressed that he had taken the time to review my communications and was well versed in the issue.  I mention that, because, prior to this I was having to repeat the difficulty each time.  

Regardless, he also assured me the replacement props would be sent with 48 hours.  Looks like the bird flies on Friday :-)  Thanks again for your intervention.
s2
2017-12-13
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-10 06:39
Under DJI Grace's posting on the Alpine White announcement I posted a number of replies (see #135) regarding this condition... that some of the props would not mount on their "designated" motor mount.  After some careful inspection I discovered that I received 9 "CCW" props and only one "CW" prop.  As it turns out, the blades were mounted on the wrong colored hub.  

The Alpine White "kit" comes with two props mounted on the rear arms - one hub has the white circle, the other "blank".  Boxed in the kit are eight more pairs of props.  Even though the hubs in each pair were matched sets - one white circled, one black/blank - the blanks have the same prop blades as the white circled.  Closer inspection show the blades with the same embossed "arrow lock" and product number coding as the white circled props.  Clearly a manufacturing error.  

RESOLVED ( see #21 )
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-13 20:49
Double thanks, Susan.  As you promised, I received a call this AM from a very very nice person ( complaint resolution here in the states ).  I was impressed that he had taken the time to review my communications and was well versed in the issue.  I mention that, because, prior to this I was having to repeat the difficulty each time.  

Regardless, he also assured me the replacement props would be sent with 48 hours.  Looks like the bird flies on Friday :-)  Thanks again for your intervention.

It's my pleasure. We'd like to offer better service for the customers we valued. Happy flying!
2017-12-14
Use props
Flyingz06
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-14 02:44
It's my pleasure. We'd like to offer better service for the customers we valued. Happy flying!

Im still waiting........ Zzzzzzzz  the drone returned but the new one has not been sent out.  UGH
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flyingz06 Posted at 2017-12-25 16:00
Im still waiting........ Zzzzzzzz  the drone returned but the new one has not been sent out.  UGH

Todd, I've received your message in PM as well. Sorry for the troubles and frustration we caused. There maybe some delay due to the holiday. The designated team will keep follow up and update for you. We'll try our best to help you out.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules