Spark locator idea
662 6 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I have been reading post by frustrated pilots who have been searching for their missing Spark after an unexpected fly away but to no avail. The thought occurred to me that locating a missing drone might be made easier if the owner put reflective tape (available at any auto parts store) along the back and sides of bird. That way in the event of a fly away the owner could search in low light conditions with a strong flashlight and possibly find the drone when the beam swept across the tape making it stand out from the surrounding environment.

Reflective tape may contain a small amount of metal flakes but I don’t think it would be enough to cause compass errors.

What do you think?
2017-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The simplest ideas can usually be the best. Good job
2017-12-10
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

That's what I suggested the other day. I lost my drone in the area where it's almost impossible to find it, but it would be so much easier to spot it with some reflective tapes. In case they replace my drone under warranty I will definitely place pieces of reflective tape on it...
2017-12-10
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Sorry I missed your post.  I think this would work.   
2017-12-10
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Could work if the metal in the reflective sticker doesn't affect the compass and IMU
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Thanks for your attention and feedback. Your idea will be forwarded to our engineers.
2017-12-11
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-12-10 07:14
Sorry I missed your post.  I think this would work.

No worries. It was in my "flyaway" thread .
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules