Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to get footage from drone w\o sd card adapter?
8191 16 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koia Koia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

I have an adapater coming soon but am confused that there is no way to get the footage off the card while in the MP with connection to pc?  I understand it isn't optimal but not even in a pinch?  I am using a Win10 computer and it does not recognize the format of the sdcard or drive or something.  It sees two removable drives when mavic connected but cannot acces either of them.  Any help?

K
2017-12-10
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

You should be able to plug your Mavic into your pc via the micro USB port under the small door on the opposite side from the sd card slot.  One you have everything connected, just turn on the Mavic.  This works for me on macOS, and it should work on win10 as well.
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2017-12-10 08:31
You should be able to plug your Mavic into your pc via the micro USB port under the small door on the opposite side from the sd card slot.  One you have everything connected, just turn on the Mavic.  This works for me on macOS, and it should work on win10 as well.

Does not work on Win10 at least for me.  It shows the drives having errors I am guessing the sdcard comes formatted for mac not windows??  idk
2017-12-10
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2017-12-10 08:31

yup works on W10 also for me.
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-12-10 08:55
yup works on W10 also for me.

Do Io need some specific driver?  Windows shows it as DJI File-CD Gadget
2017-12-10
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-10 08:51
Does not work on Win10 at least for me.  It shows the drives having errors I am guessing the sdcard comes formatted for mac not windows??  idk

The memory card that comes with the Mavic is compatible with both Mac and PCs, usually formatted with FAT32.
When you connec the Mavic via a USB cable, it should automatically download the correct drivers and a new 'drive' will appear in Windows Explorer.

... And if Windows is giving you an error, are you able to access the drive?

(if, by mistake, the card was formatted for Mac (HFS/APFS), the drone wouldn't be able to use it either!)
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

theothernt Posted at 2017-12-10 09:03
The memory card that comes with the Mavic is compatible with both Mac and PCs, usually formatted with FAT32.
When you connec the Mavic via a USB cable, it should automatically download the correct drivers and a new 'drive' will appear in Windows Explorer.

It shows two drives when I connect the mavic.  But If I try to access those drives it says Please insert disk.
2017-12-10
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-10 09:05
It shows two drives when I connect the mavic.  But If I try to access those drives it says Please insert disk.

I just tried connecting my Mavic to another PC I hadn't used it with before.

Only one drive should detected. And if you look in Device Manager (click on the Start button, type Device Manager), you should see a DJI device listed under Other.

If you see something different, you can remove what's there, disconnect the cable, restart Windows and try again.
2017-12-10
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-10 09:05

Definitely sounds like a driver issue.  Have you installed the dji assistant app? You can find the download here. That install may contain the drivers needed
2017-12-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s also important to note that you need to insert the USB connector into the PC and the micro USB connected to the Mavic BEFORE turning on the Mavic.
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

For some reason none of these things seem to work for me.  I have DJI Assistant 2 and it connects to drone fine for updating and such.  So not sure the problem with the drive. I pulled the card and went and got a adapter thingie.  What should I delete and nor delete someone mentioned you should pull data files for flight records off or is that sync'd via assistant or something.

I had been reviewing the footage on my device this whole time and was a little les then impressed with the quality of the camera.  Just reviewed the footage I pulled from the card and my god it's like looking at a completely different picture/video.  Much impressed with MP now.  HAHA

K
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

Interestingly enough I put a new sd card in the MP.  Formatted it exfat before I put it in and now it is functioning properly when connecting to PC.  Not sure what the issue was with card from DJI but works fine now.  DJI card was fine in an adapter though.  
2017-12-10
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-10 16:50
Interestingly enough I put a new sd card in the MP.  Formatted it exfat before I put it in and now it is functioning properly when connecting to PC.  Not sure what the issue was with card from DJI but works fine now.  DJI card was fine in an adapter though.

I was just going to suggest trying a different SD card.

I had the exact same issue with the SD card that came with my Mavic. Fought with it for days. Formatting both with the computer and the DJI Go4 app.  Nada, no luck at all. I had a 64 GD SD card laying around so I decided to try it. Bingo, it worked!! I've been using that card ever since.

I didn't try formatting the SD card that came with the Mavic as exfat. I'll give that a try. If it works, I'll have another SD card in my bag.
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-10 17:03
I was just going to suggest trying a different SD card.

I had the exact same issue with the SD card that came with my Mavic. Fought with it for days. Formatting both with the computer and the DJI Go4 app.  Nada, no luck at all. I had a 64 GD SD card laying around so I decided to try it. Bingo, it worked!! I've been using that card ever since.

Yeah I haven't put it back in. Almost identical situation here.  Had a random 64gb sandisk ultra laying around so put it in.  And boom everything working.  I have another 64gb Sandisk Extreme Pro coming so will use that as the main but the more cards the better in my mind.  
2017-12-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You should format the card in the Mavic via Go4.
2017-12-10
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-12-10 20:15

How do I do this?  

K
2017-12-10
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-12-10 20:15

I did and it didn't help. Only using a new/different card worked. So far...

I'm going to try formatting the original card from DJI using exfat to see if that will fix the issue.
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules