Video Flicker
983 12 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

So at around 30 seconds there's a lot of video flickering that's going on when I'm bringing the P3 STD to a stop.  Is this something a lot of people have experienced?  I was using a ND8 filter at the time to compensate for the very bright day.  It's also happening on my DJI spark when I go through areas where the light changes rapidly.  I'm using manual exposure settings as well.  

2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

I'm assuming it has something to do with the propellers.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

how did you apply the white balance ? manually ? this set (kelvin) is very important ..
2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-10 10:24
how did you apply the white balance ? manually ? this set (kelvin) is very important ..

I manually go in and adjust my shutter speed and ISO.  As for White Balance, I just pick one of the canned WB modes.  On this day I picked "Sunny" seeing how there were no clouds in the sky and it was very bright out.  I've seen people set the (kelvin) in YouTube videos before though, but I don't personally go in and set a value.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

indeed ,not easy set kelvin value manually ...
2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-10 10:33
indeed ,not easy set kelvin value manually ...

Taking a look at it just a few minutes ago, I think I could get it down fairly easy.  I've got a pretty good photography background so I understand WB as a whole.  I'll have to play with it next time to see if that makes a difference.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-12-10 10:57
Taking a look at it just a few minutes ago, I think I could get it down fairly easy.  I've got a pretty good photography background so I understand WB as a whole.  I'll have to play with it next time to see if that makes a difference.

i dont like use white balance filters in the app  ... im not a professional but i try all my captures in manual mode using filters ND 4 ND 8 (ND 16 & ND 32 so hard filters) and adjust white balance set manually , anyway i apply the white balance plug in using in my PC sony vegas pro ,before rendering
2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-10 11:03
i dont like use white balance filters in the app  ... im not a professional but i try all my captures in manual mode using filters ND 4 ND 8 (ND 16 & ND 32 so hard filters) and adjust white balance set manually , anyway i apply the white balance plug in using in my PC sony vegas pro ,before rendering

I'm definitely not a pro photographer.  I'll have to try to see with my next flight.  I want to get this down before I head to LA for Christmas so I can get some really good B-Roll of the beach.
2017-12-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like glare to me, as though the filter is not quite flush and is at angle therefore picking up the props, there is some jello at the end too, ever so slight, see it on the housesTry again without filters to rule that out?
2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-10 11:31
Looks like glare to me, as though the filter is not quite flush and is at angle therefore picking up the props, notice the glare spot too not long after the take off.....

Hmmm, didn't even think of that.  These are the ones that just slip right over the camera and not the screw on type.  I'll have to do another flight to see if that works.
2017-12-10
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

@  0:29 Props shadowing the camera lens. @ 1:38 Passing though tree branch shadows.
2017-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The major problem with the video clip is that you are facing into the sun. There is lens flare, the green spot in the middle of the shot, and prop shadow when you are in the air. Try facing the other direction.

Also, being winter, the trees are bare and this plays havoc with the MPEG encoding process, there is too much fine detail for the encoding process to handle.
2017-12-10
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-10 13:21
The major problem with the video clip is that you are facing into the sun. There is lens flare, the green spot in the middle of the shot, and prop shadow when you are in the air. Try facing the other direction.

Also, being winter, the trees are bare and this plays havoc with the MPEG encoding process, there is too much fine detail for the encoding process to handle.

Definitely noticed the lens flare in the video.  Thanks for the input, will have to take all of these things into mind for my next flight.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules