Phantom 4 HELP
1319 15 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
awesomeman
New
Flight distance : 4255 ft
United States

Hey guys I am on my second phantom 4 and just can NOT get this thing set up.  I can fly, I have gps, I just have NO camera feed no matter what I do.  Please help.  I need it later today ASAP.
Thanks
2017-12-10
Use props
awesomeman
New
United States

sometimes it gets video feed and its all pixelated or is covered in a massive green line.  Please help asap
2017-12-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try reinstalling the app
2017-12-10
Use props
awesomeman
New
United States

already did.  tried different iPads, new account. linked a different remote.  SAME EXACT PROBLEM
2017-12-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

awesomeman Posted at 2017-12-10 15:29
already did.  tried different iPads, new account. linked a different remote.  SAME EXACT PROBLEM

Which iPads have you tried? The latest generation of the DJI GO 4 app is quite demanding for transmission decoding, and will max out Apple CPUs typically less than the A8X, resulting in a scrambled video feed.
You could also try an alternate app, like Litchi, to see if that makes any difference.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Did your first P4 work ok with the iPad?, could be the cable from remote to iPad,what FW has the new one got?
2017-12-10
Use props
awesomeman
New
United States

Yeah it worked just fine.  Its the newest regular Ipad.  Im using the same ipad as my last phantom 4.  So wierd I think its defective.
2017-12-11
Use props
rwcreigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

United States

I had the same thing happen to me and I replaced the wire/cord.  good luck.
2017-12-11
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

Replace the apple cable and report back with your results.
2017-12-11
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Have you tried recording video or taking pictures and checking the memory card to see that the camera is working properly, also format the memory card using the drone, I had an issue where a memory card caused my camera to lock up until I formatted the card using the drone.
2017-12-11
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

It's not the device, it's not the data cable it's not the SD card needing formatting, it's not uninstalling and reinstalling the app, It's the UPDATES and the FIRMWARE that is the problem and it is High time and WAY PAST DUE for DJI to fix their Defunct UPDATES and FIRMWARE.  This has been going on now for 6 Months. Thats half a year for DJI and other people who can't count. FIX YOUR 1.9.3. DJI.!!!!!! Hell we can't even sync flights anymore another Failure that has popped up.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-12-11 19:59
It's not the device, it's not the data cable it's not the SD card needing formatting, it's not uninstalling and reinstalling the app, It's the UPDATES and the FIRMWARE that is the problem and it is High time and WAY PAST DUE for DJI to fix their Defunct UPDATES and FIRMWARE.  This has been going on now for 6 Months. Thats half a year for DJI and other people who can't count. FIX YOUR 1.9.3. DJI.!!!!!! Hell we can't even sync flights anymore another Failure that has popped up.

Does DJI not  have a beta program? surely this program should/would iron out the bugs before being sent to mainstream?
2017-12-11
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

if almost all else fails try removing SD card from P4. Start DJI GO4, RC & P4. Does it get an image? If yes shut down, reinstall SD card and fire it all up & into the air. If all else fails put P4 back in box and gift it to your least liked relative for Christmas
2017-12-11
Use props
mac27040
lvl.1

United Kingdom

does the drone have a green light saying is linked to the RC? does the RC first light flash red / green rapidly? if so then the firmware in the RC needs updating. I updated mine and the IOS app said it was up to date but it must have a bug in it. you need to re-install the firmware to the RC, which is not straight forward but does work. There are various methods on the internet, someone said installing Dji GO 3 and sellect phantom 3 advanced uses the same controller, I used another method, follow video in this. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... one-ipad-ios.19777/
2017-12-12
Use props
fans229bf722
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594475 ft

Brazil

Dear friends, I'm from Brazil. I made the new firmware update for Phantom 4 as recommended by DJI in August 2017. After this update I could not fly more than 30 meters away and 50 meters high. Even logging, as recommended by you, I can not fly more than 30 meters away and 50 meters high in Brazil.  Grateful for the attention.
2017-12-16
Use props
Rafa-Rebelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594475 ft

Brazil

Hi, try to reinstal the dji app and look again the configuration.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules