Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro beeps
787 8 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
webmastadj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292602 ft
United States

Today is a sad day.  I got my new P4P Friday and it is now out of service after just two flights.  I got stuck in a tree and had to knock it out.  Now when I turn it on, the gimbal does it check, then the drone just beeps.  No lights, won’t connect to controller, and just beeps.  Wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue before? I do have care refresh and plan on calling them up.  Just curious what others have found the issue to be.
2017-12-10
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

OH my sorry to hear that, the best advice is to fly in an open area, no trees just wide fields, so you can get a hang of it.
2017-12-10
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Open a case in DJI website
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir, I'm sorry to read your post. It seems that the drone has been damaged during the crash. Please start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-11
Use props
webmastadj
lvl.1
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-12-10 14:59
OH my sorry to hear that, the best advice is to fly in an open area, no trees just wide fields, so you can get a hang of it.

Yes, I was flying in a park which had an open area.  The only downside is it was surrounded by trees.  The mind set if something happened, it would hit the trees instead of just flying away or hitting a car, etc.  But of course I miss judged the stopping distance and the tree didn't look as close as it was.  Anyways, live a let learn.
2017-12-11
Use props
webmastadj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 02:03
Hi Sir, I'm sorry to read your post. It seems that the drone has been damaged during the crash. Please start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

Susan,

That was my plan once your support opens up.  I was just curious on what others have found the issue to be when this happens.  I have seen everything from a loose cable to a bad board when googling it.  It was tempting to open it up and check, but decided to not to and wait as I don't want to void the warranty.
Thanks.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

webmastadj Posted at 2017-12-11 04:47
Susan,

That was my plan once your support opens up.  I was just curious on what others have found the issue to be when this happens.  I have seen everything from a loose cable to a bad board when googling it.  It was tempting to open it up and check, but decided to not to and wait as I don't want to void the warranty.

Thanks for getting back to us. The aircraft performance can not be ensured after the crash. Some parts may be loose or damaged, so I  recommended to send it in for fully diagnosis. Please kindly arrange at your earliest convenience. Feel free to contact us if your have any further questions.
2017-12-12
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Nearly the same thing happened to me, I burned a refresh right out of the shoot...been good ever since...unless you figure this out, I'd go ahead and work the refresh.  My new bird returned in just about 2 weeks.  You do have the option of having them analyze the drone and provide a cost estimate for repairs, in case you don't want to use a refresh option.  However, that will take a considerable amount of time, just so you know.
Good Luck
2017-12-12
Use props
webmastadj
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to update everyone.  I did get the drone back towards the end of December.  Here is the official timeline for anyone that is interested:

Dec 11, 2017 - Case Opened
Dec 22, 2017 - DJI Received
Dec 26, 2017 - Damage Assessed
Dec 26, 2017 - Invoice (Free of Charge)
Dec 29, 2017 - Repaired
Jan 05, 2018 - Back in my hands

It took almost a month from start to finish and I was lucky as it was repaired free of charge.  I would assume this is due to a simple repair.  There was no physical damage to the outside of the drone.  I would have liked the process to be a bit faster and recieved what was done to fix the issue.  But other than that, I am happy.

2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules