Controller options for Spark
9857 6 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soupy2
New

United States

I've been checking out the "youtube" world for an answer to this as well as some searches on the Mavic Forum.  Finding nothing definitive... I'm here :-)

I have a Mavic Pro and use its' controller for flight control.  I recently ordered the "basic" Spark without controller, hoping I could use the Mavic controller for both.  It appears that a number of people have tried to bind one with the other without success.  However, the videos I've found were all dated back in the June thru August time frame.

In another video ( Drone Valley ) the host talked about an update that allowed "other devices" to work with the DJI go4 app -other than the dedicated Controller because it now allowed "MFi" compatible devices.  FWIW, he showed using a common $30 game controller to fly his Spark.  Not all of the functions were available, but it seemed like a 90% option.

I would rather use my DJI Mavic Controller, which ostensibly has the same functionality via DJI Go4.

If I've overlooked any other posts regarding this, I apologize... and please feel free to politely point me in the right direction !

Thanks crowd.
2017-12-10
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Yes, I like the Drone Valley videos.  My suggestion, do yourself a big favor and skip the $30 game controller and spend the $120 on the Spark Controller.  When you put on the game controller, all you are really doing is giving yourself the ability to use a "stick".  You are still limited to the sketchy wifi connection from your phone to the drone.  Get the Spark controller and have fun versus headaches.
2017-12-10
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I’m listening here.
I would like a mavic too, but the idea of having yet another rc holds me back. What a waste.
I use the same spektrum rc for all my rc models, except for the spark.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would not recommend you use the RC of mavic to control spark. You can use Gamevice Controller to control your spark. Here is the link: https://www.apple.com/cn/shop/ac ... amp;fh=4684%2B45ef.
2017-12-11
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

@Soupy2
This makes no sense to use a gamepad - because it's a controller for your smartphone. So you still have the limited WiFi connection to your Spark. Do yourself a favor and simply buy the Spark controller...
2017-12-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-12-11 01:43
@Soupy2
This makes no sense to use a gamepad - because it's a controller for your smartphone. So you still have the limited WiFi connection to your Spark. Do yourself a favor and simply buy the Spark controller...

I agree, I am 70 years old and my Dad once told me if you want it right.....
Use the Right Bit for the Right Kit, this has always been my moto.
DJI built the RC for the Mavic for the Mavic and the Spark RC for the Spark. the other controllers are for other things, save yourself a lot of trouble and use the Right Bit for the Right Kit. Use the Spark RC for the Spark Drone, you will have full control and Enjoy your flying more.
Safe Flying, bye
davawt
2017-12-11
Use props
fans5b2ab8f4
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-11 01:37
Hi, sir. I would not recommend you use the RC of mavic to control spark. You can use Gamevice Controller to control your spark. Here is the link: https://www.apple.com/cn/shop/accessories/all-accessories/toys-games?page=1#!&f=gamecontrol&fh=4684%2B45ef.
Will the Gamevice controller sold at apple work with all the features of the spark ?
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules