Latest I2 software (01.01.200) does not work
2089 30 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

After updating to the latest I2 firmware (01.01.0200) and DJI App (version 4.1.18) this week (December 2017), the "sensor status" icon is red all the time, and the drone will not fly. Just get 'Cannot take off' status at top of screen and attempting to take off results in the message: unknown error 124. Contact DJI. Tried 2 sets of fully charged batteries, each running the latest firmware. They are plugged in correctly and there are no pins bent. Is this a case of send it back to DJI? Are others with I2 running these versions of software successfully?

The options in previous versions of the DJI Go app to cache map data and download offline maps are not present in the latest DJI Go4 App (version 4.1.18) for Android, and if you have no WiFi signal at the site you are filming, you are screwed.  Also the "radar" option to show obstacles detected is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected.
2017-12-10
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4692 ft
Philippines

This is appalling, now Im afraid to upgrade my I2 firmware and DJIGo4.
2017-12-10
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Roy C Posted at 2017-12-10 17:23

Well this is a brand new I2, and it was the maiden non-flight for the reasons mentioned.  What I was hoping to find out is if any other I2 owners are running the latest software, and having the same problem?  It was not my intent to put you off upgrading, but I do understand your concern.  Obviously I am concerned as well after spending 6,000 Euros for a brick.  It may be that the I2 shipped to me has some hardware failure, but I want to eliminate the possibility of it being a software fault first ...

... I don't know how to obtain an earlier version of the DJI Go4 App for Android?  Can anyone please advise me if there are previous versions available anywhere?

... In the DJI Assistant 2 it does give me the option to roll back to the software version 01.01.0010 that was on my I2 when shipped, but I cannot go to any earlier version than that.  What version are people running that is known stable?
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Rob, sorry for the difficulties your are experiencing with the new firmware.
May I have the screenshot of error code in DJI Go 4 APP?
For Android v4.1.18, there is no offline map temporarily because of the unstable server of Here Map, we will keep improving this issue, sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-11 02:00
Hello Rob, sorry for the difficulties your are experiencing with the new firmware.
May I have the screenshot of error code in DJI Go 4 APP?
For Android v4.1.18, there is no offline map temporarily because of the unstable server of Here Map, we will keep improving this issue, sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi DJI Mindy,  the screnshot is here.  Thanks.

2017-12-11
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571909 ft
Greece

I had exactly the same issue with an new I2. Aircraft status is red stating "Cannot take off" and in overall status the message is"Invalid serial number".See my post ....Cannot fly Invalid serial number.
I am waiting a reply from DJI mindy
2017-12-11
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt its an issue with the new firmware as several users have upgraded since the release - me included.
Regards
Allan
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronerteam Posted at 2017-12-11 02:23
I had exactly the same issue with an new I2. Aircraft status is red stating "Cannot take off" and in overall status the message is"Invalid serial number".See my post ....Cannot fly Invalid serial number.
I am waiting a reply from DJI mindy

Hi, I have replied your own thread, please check it out, thanks.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-11 02:03
Hi DJI Mindy,  the screnshot is here.  Thanks.

[view_image]

Thanks for the quick update, usually the error would appear if the battery fails to be plugged properly. Please try to switch the position of these two batteries.
Besides, will the error code display every time?
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

allanart Posted at 2017-12-11 03:06
I doubt its an issue with the new firmware as several users have upgraded since the release - me included.
Regards
Allan

Hi, Allan, sorry to hear that, this has nothing to do with the firmware, please double check if the battery has been plugged correctly.
2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi DJI Mindy,  I have checked the batteries are plugged in correctly.  The drone powers up just fine with all status lights as they should be.  It connects to the transmitter fine.  I have fully charged two sets of batteries, and tried both sets A and B.  The software on the batteries is updated successully with the latest version firmware during the version 01.01.0200 upgrade.
2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hello again DJI Mindy,

Just to let you know some things I have done to try to resolve the issue (without success)

1.  Fully charged everything including two sets of batteries, tried two transmitters, tried two sets of batteries, two different tablets.
2.  Used the DJi Assistant 2 to reload the firmware version 01.01.0200 on the I2
3.  Used the DJI Assistant 2 to reset to factory default values
4.  Calibrated the compass
5.  Calibrated the IMU
6.  Calibrated the Gimbal
7.  Calibrated the transmitter sticks
8.  Ensured all flight safety and collision avoidance options are enabled

I wanted to get a complete offline GPS map of the area, but that capability is not present in the latest version of the DJI Go App.
There seems to be something strange going on with the GPS map / location in the DJI Go App ...

I would like to try an older version of the DJO Go App for Android, can you send me a link to an older version please?
2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

allanart Posted at 2017-12-11 03:06
Regards
Allan

Hi Allan, thanks a lot for confirming this.  There's sure to be some other reason for the non-flying I2.  I hope DJI can help diagnose what is going wrong.
2017-12-11
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-11 03:19
Hi, Allan, sorry to hear that, this has nothing to do with the firmware, please double check if the battery has been plugged correctly.

What is it that you are "sorry about" Mindy?
I said is was NOT likely to be firmware related..
Regards
Allan
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

allanart Posted at 2017-12-11 06:31
What is it that you are "sorry about" Mindy?
I said is was NOT likely to be firmware related..
Regards

I'm sorry Alan, I didn't read the post clearly and misunderstood your meaning, my bad, thanks for your thought, and you are right, it is not firmware related.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-11 05:35
Hello again DJI Mindy,

Just to let you know some things I have done to try to resolve the issue (without success)

Thanks for your time to do the troubleshooting, Rob.
Sorry that we do not have the official way to downgrade the DJI Go 4 APP, hope other users could give you some advice.
For the error code, even though it is not firmware related, have you tried to downgrade the firmware? If the problem persists, I'm afraid the drone and battery will need to be sent in for diagnosis.
We apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-11 08:26
Thanks for your time to do the troubleshooting, Rob.
Sorry that we do not have the official way to downgrade the DJI Go 4 APP, hope other users could give you some advice.
For the error code, even though it is not firmware related, have you tried to downgrade the firmware? If the problem persists, I'm afraid the drone and battery will need to be sent in for diagnosis.

Hello DJI Mindy

Because "DronerTeam" has had a very similar issue with a new I2, may I ask what is the diagnosis of the problem on his I2?  Was it hardware related, or is it a software issue?  It is understandable to have to return the product if hardware, but frustrating if it turns out to be a software problem of any kind.
2017-12-11
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just going to add that with the firmware update, one set of my batteries, the newest, least flown set, causes a "cannot take off" error even though all the cells look good. No other error is reported, not even a battery error and I also have the red sensor icon. The fix in my case is to change batteries.

2017-12-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Barry Goyette Posted at 2017-12-11 16:38
I'm just going to add that with the firmware update, one set of my batteries, the newest, least flown set, causes a "cannot take off" error even though all the cells look good. No other error is reported, not even a battery error and I also have the red sensor icon. The fix in my case is to change batteries.

@Barry@  many thanks for your message.  This may be the issue in my case also, maybe the battery firmware is not being updated correctly, or else the latest battery firmware is faulty?   I will investigate further and also regress to the old firmware version as DJI Mindy suggested.

2017-12-12
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

@DJI Mindy@  I have now performed the following additional tests:

1. Used DJI Assistant 2 to "downgrade" the I2 firmware to version 01.01.0100 which was the version when the I2 was delivered last week
2. Used DJI Assistant 2 to "reset to defaults"
3. Powered up the I2, the transmitter and the tablet running DJI Go App (latest Android version)

The DJI Go App would not allow me to operate the heli, it said the firmware was out of date (red message)

4. Used DJI Assistant 2 to "upgrade"the I2 firmware to version 01.01.0200 (latest version)
5. Used DJI Assistant 2 to "reset to defaults"
6. Powered up the I2, the transmitter and the tablet running DJI Go App (latest Android version)

The DJI Go app still showed the red sensors icon indicating sensor error
I checked sensors status and battery status reported by the DJI Go App on the configuration pages, everything reported "normal"The "cannot take off" message is not displayed
I was able to "take off" the helicopter, but am concerned at the red sensors icon still being displayed

Mindy, these questions for DJI, please

a) Why does DJI Go App still show the red sensor error warning (see earlier image)?
b) How do I load offline GPS maps in the latest version of the DJI Go App?  It seems the option on the home page has disappeared.c) What was the diagnosis of the similar problems experienced by other users?  Is it hardware, or firmware, or the DJI Go App that is in error?
d) Please can you ask your developers to explain why the DJI Go App is behaving in this way, with the sensors icon shown in red?
e) What is the reason for the sensors icon being shown in red?  Where are the detailed fault codes stored?
f) Could an up to date user guide please be provided by DJI for the latest DJI Go App (Android)?

I would like these questions answered before I return the I2 to a repair center, because I believe it is a software fault in the latest version of the DJI Go App.
Also sending the large package to and from Albania is fraught with difficulties including customs clearance / payment of import export duties etc.

Many thanks,
Rob

2017-12-12
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replied to you elsewhere, but just to reconfirm... the vision system  icon will appear red  when the motors are stopped, and also when the landing gear is down. This is normal behaviour as the (forward) vision positions system sensors are disabled when landing gear is lowered.
2017-12-12
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-12-12 16:06
Replied to you elsewhere, but just to reconfirm... the vision system  icon will appear red  when the motors are stopped, and also when the landing gear is down. This is normal behaviour as the (forward) vision positions system sensors are disabled when landing gear is lowered.

@Electro-Nick@  Thank you!!!  Sometimes the answer is very simple ... So I will try flight again.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-11 11:56
Hello DJI Mindy

Because "DronerTeam" has had a very similar issue with a new I2, may I ask what is the diagnosis of the problem on his I2?  Was it hardware related, or is it a software issue?  It is understandable to have to return the product if hardware, but frustrating if it turns out to be a software problem of any kind.

Hi Rob, you and DronerTeam have the different issues, the serial number of his drone cannot be recognized and we suggest to send in for repair service.
2017-12-13
Use props
Dronerteam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571909 ft
Greece

Hi Rob,
There is no diagnosis for my problem.I was asked to return the I2 for diagnosis so I delivered it to official DJI service store in Athens and I am in contact with them.They do not have any further infos for action , so I dont know what they are going to do.
Just today there is a new s/w update and I will call them to see if something is fixed.
Keep in touch!
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-12 10:30
@DJI Mindy@  I have now performed the following additional tests:

1. Used DJI Assistant 2 to "downgrade" the I2 firmware to version 01.01.0100 which was the version when the I2 was delivered last week

Hi, Rob, glad to know the error message disappears in APP after firmware refreshing.
For the red icon in Sensor, like Nick said, when the motors are stopped or landing gear is down even though you take off the drone, or the Vision system is closed by pilot, the vision system icon will appear red.
As for the offline map, it was temporarily removed because of the unstable server of Here Map itself. We do apologize for the trouble caused and we will keep communicating with Here Map to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.
Currently, you can try to cache the map of the place where you would like to fly the drone by zooming in the map with your fingers when the network is connected. Once the map loaded successfully, you can fly the drone without network.
Please let me know if you have further queries, thank you.
2017-12-13
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-13 21:22
Hi, Rob, glad to know the error message disappears in APP after firmware refreshing.
For the red icon in Sensor, like Nick said, when the motors are stopped or landing gear is down even though you take off the drone, or the Vision system is closed by pilot, the vision system icon will appear red.
As for the offline map, it was temporarily removed because of the unstable server of Here Map itself. We do apologize for the trouble caused and we will keep communicating with Here Map to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you!  Successful first flight today.  Just like you and Nick said, the red Vision Sensors icon is displayed in the GO App for I2 until the landing gear raises during flight, then it goes to normal color.  It was very confusing for a new owner like me because it was not documented anywhere that this happens.  I think it is a design fault in the GO4 App that should be fixed.  Sure, if the user takes off and the landing gear is not raised for any reason, then make the icon red and show a warning message e.g. "VPS is inactive until the landing gear is raised".  Also, other images of the GO4 App from Phantom users showed their Phantoms landed, and the icon was normal color, not red.

I will report in another thread on my first flight, it was very good with exception of the "red icon" GO4 App problem.

Thanks,
Rob
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2017-12-14 06:32
Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you!  Successful first flight today.  Just like you and Nick said, the red Vision Sensors icon is displayed in the GO App for I2 until the landing gear raises during flight, then it goes to normal color.  It was very confusing for a new owner like me because it was not documented anywhere that this happens.  I think it is a design fault in the GO4 App that should be fixed.  Sure, if the user takes off and the landing gear is not raised for any reason, then make the icon red and show a warning message e.g. "VPS is inactive until the landing gear is raised".  Also, other images of the GO4 App from Phantom users showed their Phantoms landed, and the icon was normal color, not red.

Rob, thank you for your valuable suggestions, I will forward it to our engineers for consideration in the future.
Happy flying.
2017-12-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your happy with your current configuration and are having no issues why would any want to "update"?
2017-12-15
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi Roy,

I loaded firmware version 01.01.0300, the "cannot take off" error message(s) have not been displayed and I am flying.  Please note that the "red" Vision Subsystem icon in the DJI Go App goes away after you take off and the undercarriage is raised.

So, don't be frightened to upgrade to 01.01.0300 ...

Best,
Rob
2017-12-15
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Web Admin, if you want to change the title of this thread, please feel free ...

Original: Latest I2 software (01.01.200) does not work

Suggestion: Problems with I2 software version (01.01.200) resolved with version (01.01.300)

Thanks,
Rob
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-1-15 07:42
DJI Web Admin, if you want to change the title of this thread, please feel free ...

Original: Latest I2 software (01.01.200) does not work

Dear Rob, that is fine, as long as the issue got sorted out, no worries.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules