file size too small, low video resolution
603 2 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaraLogan
New
South Africa

Hi all,
I have the Mavic Pro. Using it to take videos of business park sites. I created a video and used apple video to edit it. when I sent it to collegues at work they said the file was too small and that the resolution was bad. could this be a result of using apple video?

I'm very new to this and now that I need to use it for work I need to know how to take good quality videos that wont loose their high resolution when I send it to someone.

Any advise helps tremdously!

Sara
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Sara, the video cached on the mobile device is only the video transmission version, you can connect the drone to the PC and edit the original files from the SD card.
If you are using an iOS DJI GO 4 app, you can also connect the app, RC and drone, download the original version to the editor then edit it. But note that only videos resolution below 4K (3840×2160) will be able to download and edit. Hope it helps.
2017-12-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Hey Sara, like Thor says, you def want to work with the high-res video stored on the Mavic's MicroSD card and you probably want to invest in a desktop video editor like Adobe Premiere or Apple's Final Cut Pro, two of the top performers for the Mac platform. You'll want to understand what video format your colleagues require, and then publish the video in that format. It'll likely be too big to send via email, so you'll need to use a file sharing service or a USB thumb drive or such to deliver the video. Hope this helps.
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules