4475 19 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am getting sometimes yellow blinking lights during flight. But no warning messages and can just continue flying, then it green lights come on again. In manual it says when this occurs than aircraft enters failsafe mode. Anybody knows how this is possible or does any harm?
2017-12-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

According to the manual:
Slow yellow flashing:  No GPS and Forward and Downward Vision Systems
or
Fast yellow flashing: Remote Controller Signal Lost

I assume, that you are flying with an obstructed view skywards and therefore you have limited GPS sat lock.
As you are flying to another location/position , you regain GPS signal again, hence back to normal (green blinking)

As you have no GPS lock (slow yellow blinking ), your aircraft falls back to ATTI mode. It'll might drift with the wind - so fly with caution.

Another cause could be the downward vision sensors. Be sure they are clean an unobstructed.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Keule Posted at 2017-12-11 02:23
According to the manual:
Slow yellow flashing:  No GPS and Forward and Downward Vision Systems
or

Is was flying approx 25 meters high and there was snow on the ground ,also high wind warning message,
Could this be the cause?
I relinked the rc again and i will test it again. It was funny the yellow lights flashed pretty fast , but i just could continue the flight, also there was no drifting,had many satelites and on rc was green gps
2017-12-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-11 03:01
Is was flying approx 25 meters high and there was snow on the ground ,also high wind warning message,
Could this be the cause?
I relinked the rc again and i will test it again. It was funny the yellow lights flashed pretty fast , but i just could continue the flight, also there was no drifting,had many satelites and on rc was green gps

It seems you had lost connection to the aircraft (Fast yellow blinking)
But as you said, you were able to control the aircraft via the RC, strange.

Are you able supply the log file from the specific flight HERE
and link back here to have a more detailed insight of what happened.
2017-12-11
Use props
onlytwo
lvl.2

France

In your case I don't think that you see only yellow blinking light because you "can just continue flying" (as you say )  but May be that is the " YELLOW+GREEN blinking light" ( same my situation). It means the Mavic Pro  ,"en préparation'" for stabilisation.
See my video: i have not problem for this
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes i think i have got the same. It might be possible this is due to high wind? When it stops shortly after and is green again. Is this a problem or nothing to worry about.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

onlytwo Posted at 2017-12-11 04:09
In your case I don't think that you see only yellow blinking light because you "can just continue flying" (as you say )  but May be that is the " YELLOW+GREEN blinking light" ( same my situation). It means the Mavic Pro  ,"en préparation'" for stabilisation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSm0Ey-2Bs

I THINK  its definitely 3 quick flashes , but I found an old tread that dji engineers are aware of it. this was the answer of dji susan:
Confirm with our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. During the flight, the high propeller rotate speed and propeller vibration will result in excessive body vibration.

and this is what should be done:

The excessive aircraft vibration will alert the IMU. I would recommend you to fly smoothly. No worries.

now my question is now to the moderators:

are the engineers still working for a solution and improve this with another firmware update?
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

onlytwo Posted at 2017-12-11 04:09
In your case I don't think that you see only yellow blinking light because you "can just continue flying" (as you say )  but May be that is the " YELLOW+GREEN blinking light" ( same my situation). It means the Mavic Pro  ,"en préparation'" for stabilisation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSm0Ey-2Bs

I THINK  its definitely 3 quick flashes , but I found an old tread that dji engineers are aware of it. this was the answer of dji susan:
Confirm with our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. During the flight, the high propeller rotate speed and propeller vibration will result in excessive body vibration.

and this is what should be done:

The excessive aircraft vibration will alert the IMU. I would recommend you to fly smoothly. No worries.

now my question is now to the moderators:

are the engineers still working for a solution and improve this with another firmware update?
2017-12-11
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Could this be because of the low slung load on the AC? Pendulum effect?
or prop balance?
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

It might have got to do with the props. I read someone put the new low noise mavic props on the first edition mavic pro and had this yellow light flashing , he changed it again to normal props and it was fine. I just bought 2 sets of normal props and will put them on the mavic platinum and will test this tomorrow( weather permitted) than check if this solves it and also want definately to know if normal props will work on the platinum as dji claims
2017-12-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-11 13:09
It might have got to do with the props. I read someone put the new low noise mavic props on the first edition mavic pro and had this yellow light flashing , he changed it again to normal props and it was fine. I just bought 2 sets of normal props and will put them on the mavic platinum and will test this tomorrow( weather permitted) than check if this solves it and also want definately to know if normal props will work on the platinum as dji claims

I definitely think this is the problem if you are using the MPP propellers. My Mavic vibrated badly using these causing a gimbal alignment error, so I swapped back to the original propellers and the problem was gone.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, if it is flashing fast, it is RC signal lost, first, considering a previous post that you mentioned about the RC and drone firmware, you might need to check if there is a need to update the RC's firmware, or you can provide me with a screenshot of the firmware info and I will help to check, here's the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
If it is not, since you had mentioned in another that it flashes 3 times once, it means the drone vibrates too much, did you fly the drone in a place with a strong wind, or is there any damage on the props, or is there any abnormal behavior on the motors or the arms? Try to calibrate the IMU and check again. Thank you.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 22:48
Hi there, if it is flashing fast, it is RC signal lost, first, considering a previous post that you mentioned about the RC and drone firmware, you might need to check if there is a need to update the RC's firmware, or you can provide me with a screenshot of the firmware info and I will help to check, here's the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
If it is not, since you had mentioned in another that it flashes 3 times once, it means the drone vibrates too much, did you fly the drone in a place with a strong wind, or is there any damage on the props, or is there any abnormal behavior on the motors or the arms? Try to calibrate the IMU and check again. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... sG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Hello thor,

all to recent fw updated // no warning messages what so ever. yesterday the wind was fairly strong / flew within sight / open snowy field at approximatie 20-25 meters height
today same occurrence 3 fast flashing lights briefly ,but went quick into green again.

but I found another thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-109932-1-1.html in which you gave following answer   ]"Yeah, it is confirmed by our engineers that triple yellow LEDs appear when high-frequency vibration was detected by aircraft IMU. Please fly with smooth control. Thanks for bringing us
the attention
"

further information during flight: there was no strange behaviour of the drone, normal control/no lost / and
I could continue flight. can you please advise if engineers are still working on this issue?
I just one to know if i just can continue flying or is it a serious problem?
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-12 05:32
Hello thor,

all to recent fw updated // no warning messages what so ever. yesterday the wind was fairly strong / flew within sight / open snowy field at approximatie 20-25 meters height

Yes, and I have mentioned this in my reply, 3 times yellow flashing means the drone's attitude is detected with the result of high-frequency vibrations. This is the drone's attitude, which means the drone might be flying too aggressive or frequently changing the direction. So you can try to calibrate the IMU, avoid flying the drone in a high wind condition and too aggressive.
2017-12-12
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 22:35
Yes, and I have mentioned this in my reply, 3 times yellow flashing means the drone's attitude is detected with the result of high-frequency vibrations. This is the drone's attitude, which means the drone might be flying too aggressive or frequently changing the direction. So you can try to calibrate the IMU, avoid flying the drone in a high wind condition and too aggressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD8qFRRv-c&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX&index=20&t=42s

Mine does the same thing, flashing yellow light, then back to green. No warnings or messages on the app. It still flies perfect. It has always done this since I bought it. Old props or new. I have calibrated everything and it still does it. The flashing sequence is not listed in the manual. DJI says it is due to heavy vibrations and not to worry.
2017-12-13
Use props
onlytwo
lvl.2

France

The Thor analysis is correct, I would like  to take off and landing  normally from land with my Mavic Pro (not on my hand) and with my DIY 360 ° camera support' auto foldable' (+ 260grs), my  Mavic Pro fly  about 12-15mn with this weight , At the first test, as  the center of gravity mavic and Camera are not aligned vertically, a few moments flying  with the wind, the 3 yellow light flashes. Since I corrected in the same vertical line, it does not product  anymore ..... except when  wind ,(vibration and balancing effect )I do not yet IMU calibration because all is correct now -I don't fly too longtime on the sky ,only take off and landing to the water about 100M or ÂĐĐ; from 'home position' and take video ON the water et UNDER  water with 2 cameras Mavic Pro and Camera360°

Photo exemple that exploitation:

2017-12-13
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gladly , i am not the only one with this. And glad it doesnt do any harm basically, only to fly smoother will fix this.
Dear thor , maybe you cans ask someone to update manual or even better ask the engineers to delete this issue with the next fw update. As maybe future mavericcers dont have to worry when they see suddenly 3 flashing lights in mid flight
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HWCM Posted at 2017-12-13 01:09
Mine does the same thing, flashing yellow light, then back to green. No warnings or messages on the app. It still flies perfect. It has always done this since I bought it. Old props or new. I have calibrated everything and it still does it. The flashing sequence is not listed in the manual. DJI says it is due to heavy vibrations and not to worry.

Yeah, it is not a problem but the drone's attitude. And once the drone is adjusted a correct attitude and not vibrate too much, then the drone will perform well. Happy flying.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-13 08:04
Gladly , i am not the only one with this. And glad it doesnt do any harm basically, only to fly smoother will fix this.
Dear thor , maybe you cans ask someone to update manual or even better ask the engineers to delete this issue with the next fw update. As maybe future mavericcers dont have to worry when they see suddenly 3 flashing lights in mid flight

Hi sir, I will forward your advice to our engineers. It's good that you always pay attention to the drone's performance and your concern about the fly safety. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-12-14
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks thor, great help
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now