Mavic Pro gimbal vibrations.
831 14 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plugowski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113488 ft
Poland

I have a problem with gimbal in my brand new Mavic Pro. I tested it indoors and everything looks fine, but if I go outside gimbal is fibrating and make a strange noise - lige buzz or something (look second video). At first I thougth that it was bad proppelers, so I changed to other set (all 4 proppelers has been changed). Next I upgrade firmware, iOS application was already the newest. I try to refresh firmware, as well as calibrate IMU, compass, gimbal and controller. Nothing helped.

Footage is really ugly Please see that videos...

Normal flight:

Mavic on the ground, motors turned off:

Gimbal vibrations and noise:

I'm really confused, because I have got that drone for 5 days for now and I'm very dissapointed I planned to take it to may snowboard holidays, but that complicated my plans

Any ideas what can I do with that?
2017-12-11
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

One more video showing vibrations, recorded by iPhon with slo-mo mode:

2017-12-11
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

You are within 7 days. I recommend go straight for a refund. Dont let DJI offer you a replacement, it will likely me a refurbished. I had camera problems within 10days and DJI refused to give a refund as i was past 7 days. You can then buy a new mavic.
2017-12-11
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

This is information from DJI:

Hello,

we are sorry to hear about your problems. Judging from your declaration, it seems to be an issue with a gimbal motor.
This would have to be exchanged.

We suggest you to contact your dealer directly to have the unit exchanged right away.

Sadly, we could only offer you a payed repair here in the european service center, as your unit has no warranty in Europe.
DJI doesn´t offer a world wide warranty. This is only valid in the region of the sale from DJI.
So your device would only have warranty in the china region.

If you want to have it under warranty, your dealer would have to cover the shipping price usually.
Please do contact your dealer. Maybe they can exchange the unit for you right away.

Best Regards,
Technical SupportDJI GmbH

And I create ticket on GearBest for DAO procedure
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi sir, sorry to hear about this, hope you can get the unit exchanged shortly, should you have any further questions about the drone, please feel free to let us know, lots of members here are willing to help.
2017-12-11
Use props
Caique Barcelos
New
Flight distance : 124793 ft
Brazil

plugowski Posted at 2017-12-11 11:45
This is information from DJI:

Hello,

You know, I fully understand that there are dozens of bureaucratic things behind an RMA. I was responsible for the Corsair website in Brazil for 5 years and we always had problems with product warranty. But one thing Corsair always did for its customers, regardless of where they were in the world, they give a guarantee if you send them to evaluate. Regardless of where you buy, they give support because they know that they are responsible for the products. Maybe on a day that companies in the rest of the world think so, things are much easier and customers trust more. I'm even starting to doubt whether DJI really guarantees the quality of its products.
I think it's absurd to manufacture a product and say, "Look, we manufacture and sell all over the world, but we only guarantee if we buy here or there, okay?"
2017-12-11
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

Exactly, if you buy iPhone, there is no problem to repair it in Warranty in all countries where is possible to buy that items.

One problem is about warranty period, because in EU the law says that it should be 24 months, but for me is okay If I buy something in other part of the world and that period is shorter - for example 12months - I can accept that, but IMO warranty should be acceptable worldwide. IMHO its even cheaper for producent, because if it requires to refund me all fees about shipment, so they should refund me about 250$ for shipment!

This is totally absurd And of course its not okay if you buy something for about 1000USD and you are unable to record videos because of broken gimbal
2017-12-12
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-11 19:44
Hi sir, sorry to hear about this, hope you can get the unit exchanged shortly, should you have any further questions about the drone, please feel free to let us know, lots of members here are willing to help.

Can you send me any article why warranty isn't worldwide in your case?
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

plugowski Posted at 2017-12-12 02:46
Can you send me any article why warranty isn't worldwide in your case?

Hi sir, DJI has stated the warranty policy about this on the official website, and we don't support the international warranty, please refer to the screenshot below. For more details, please visit here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer lianbao.png
2017-12-12
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 03:13
Hi sir, DJI has stated the warranty policy about this on the official website, and we don't support the international warranty, please refer to the screenshot below. For more details, please visit here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer[view_image]

Okay so lets talk about that scenario, I'm ready to pay for repair in europe. In that case I guess that shipment costs will be returned from DJI, but only repair will be paid? Can you get an example cost of that service - problem as I described, so . lets get the highest possible cost in that case. For sure you know what can be wrong with that unit, because as I got an answer from support in Germany, there is needed  gimbal replacement.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

plugowski Posted at 2017-12-12 03:24
Okay so lets talk about that scenario, I'm ready to pay for repair in europe. In that case I guess that shipment costs will be returned from DJI, but only repair will be paid? Can you get an example cost of that service - problem as I described, so . lets get the highest possible cost in that case. For sure you know what can be wrong with that unit, because as I got an answer from support in Germany, there is needed  gimbal replacement.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will diagnose the drone when it arrives and decide which part is needed to be repaired. But if you want some accessory inquiry, you can visit this page. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
For the shipping cost, we may also not cover it. If you live in Europe, I think it is a good choice to purchase a DJI Care Refresh for your drone. Please kindly note that DJI Care Refresh will not provide international service, but can purchase a Europe version so you can have 2 times replacement in your repair region.You can go there to learn more details about it. https://www.dji.com/service/djic ... ndsite&from=nav
2017-12-12
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 06:22
Sorry for the inconvenience. We will diagnose the drone when it arrives and decide which part is needed to be repaired. But if you want some accessory inquiry, you can visit this page. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
For the shipping cost, we may also not cover it. If you live in Europe, I think it is a good choice to purchase a DJI Care Refresh for your drone. Please kindly note that DJI Care Refresh will not provide international service, but can purchase a Europe version so you can have 2 times replacement in your repair region.You can go there to learn more details about it. https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh?site=brandsite&from=nav

Yeah, but two things. I activated my drone 6th Dec, so its more than 48hrs, and secondly That device is not full value drone now so even if I try to buy DJI Care Refresh recording confirmation video you propably didn't get me that insurance, am I right?
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

plugowski Posted at 2017-12-12 06:43
Yeah, but two things. I activated my drone 6th Dec, so its more than 48hrs, and secondly That device is not full value drone now so even if I try to buy DJI Care Refresh recording confirmation video you propably didn't get me that insurance, am I right?

Hi, I review your post again. You mentioned that the drone and gimbal work properly when you test it indoor, right? How about the temperature outdoor? The working temperature is 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C ), so if it is lower than this temp, it may be the factor, but I can't 100% confirm. You can try to test flying with the gimbal cover to see if the issue persists.
For the DJI Care Refresh, is there any impact damage to the drone before? I think you are in a dilemma, so you can try to send an email to djicare@dji.com to confirm first.
2017-12-12
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 23:15
Hi, I review your post again. You mentioned that the drone and gimbal work properly when you test it indoor, right? How about the temperature outdoor? The working temperature is 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C ), so if it is lower than this temp, it may be the factor, but I can't 100% confirm. You can try to test flying with the gimbal cover to see if the issue persists.
For the DJI Care Refresh, is there any impact damage to the drone before? I think you are in a dilemma, so you can try to send an email to  to confirm first.

I tried with and without gimbal cover and problem still exists, I tried yesterday fly in temperature about 9*C but wind was litte bit stronger (about 7m/s). Again problem was only outside, when I tested drone in my flat picture is steady without any problems, no jello effect etc. As I said, problem exists since the first flight

What should I send on that email? Approval video or question about possibility to buy that insurance? If I'll buy it it will be possible to repair or exchange drone in Europe?
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

plugowski Posted at 2017-12-13 00:55
I tried with and without gimbal cover and problem still exists, I tried yesterday fly in temperature about 9*C but wind was litte bit stronger (about 7m/s). Again problem was only outside, when I tested drone in my flat picture is steady without any problems, no jello effect etc. As I said, problem exists since the first flight

What should I send on that email? Approval video or question about possibility to buy that insurance? If I'll buy it it will be possible to repair or exchange drone in Europe?

Yes, you can inquire them if your special situation can purchase DJI Care Refresh first. For the verification video, if they agree, you can click here to the submit the video: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules