Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adobe Premiere Elements - computer crashes
1918 8 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

This weekend I shot approximately 10 minutes of video using my Mavic Pro and Osmo Mobile. I edited down to about 2 and 1/2 minutes in Adobe Premiere Elements. When I try to save as a movie file or upload to Youtube, the computer crashes every time. This is a very high-end PC Intel processor with 16 gigabytes of RAM and several terabytes of hard drive space. The only thing I can think of, I shot in 4k and Premiere Elements cannot handle this. Does anyone using Premiere Elements have suggestions if they have successfully saved or uploaded video from the mavic pro shot at 4K?

If anyone is using a rather inexpensive or free video software that can handle 4K please advise?
Thanks,
Marty
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

are you running in Windows 64 bits device ?Try another Video editor .. i personally use Sony vegas Pro 14 (64 bits ) ... little more professional than others
2017-12-11
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that's terrible. Hopefully you didn't lose any footage. Been using FCPX and it's been fantastic with 4K transfers/saves.
2017-12-11
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try Cyberlink PowerDirector or Pinnacle Studio.  Both do 4K and cost less than $100.  I've tried them both but still gravitate to Premier Pro for the majority of my editing.
2017-12-11
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

If your computer is crashing during rendering, or during uploading, it's probably a symptom of bad memory. Rendering is extremely memory (and CPU) Intensive. Uploading is memory intensive. If the program is crashing, rather than the actual computer, then you should check that your graphics card is in the list of compatible GPUs. BTW, I was not aware that Elements would allow editing of 4K footage. You could try using DaVinci Resolve. It's a fully functional editing system from BlackMagic Design, and it's free!
2017-12-11
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-12-11 11:18
If your computer is crashing during rendering, or during uploading, it's probably a symptom of bad memory. Rendering is extremely memory (and CPU) Intensive. Uploading is memory intensive. If the program is crashing, rather than the actual computer, then you should check that your graphics card is in the list of compatible GPUs. BTW, I was not aware that Elements would allow editing of 4K footage. You could try using DaVinci Resolve. It's a fully functional editing system from BlackMagic Design, and it's free!

Don't think it is bad memory. You may be correct that Premiere Elements does not do 4k video. I think when I used it successfully in the past the video was 2.7k. Will try DaVinci Resolve.
Thanks,
Marty
2017-12-11
Use props
Wirezfree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

You could try what they use in Hollywood for free, minus all the really High End features

DaVinci Resolve:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Scroll to very end for Free Version, Windows, MAC & Linux
2017-12-11
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 2017-12-11 14:21
Don't think it is bad memory. You may be correct that Premiere Elements does not do 4k video. I think when I used it successfully in the past the video was 2.7k. Will try DaVinci Resolve.
Thanks,
Marty

You might be surprised... Premiere really taxes the heck out of hardware. Anyway, there's a steep learning curve with Resolve, but it's a good program and well  worth the asking price!
2017-12-11
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tried Resolve and it was a steep learning curve. After an hour of trying to add a still photo and just a title, I called it quits after finding documentation lacking and YouTube videos differing from version to version.
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules