Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal problems since firmware update
1519 5 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Gilluley
New
United Kingdom

Hi All

My Osmo Mobile was working fine until I did a firmware update yesterday...

Since the update the gimbal is behaving strangely. When I calibrate using DJI Go the calibration apears to work but then the gimbal loses power and drops loose for a few seconds before powering up again. (This never happened before.)

The main problem is that now the gimbal will not tilt down as I tilt the handle down. Instead the phone just stays level and facing forward. I also can't get the gimbal to enter the pointing foward or 'sword' mode as it's sometimes called. The tilt up-down left-right still works using the joystick.

I use both DJI Go and Filmic Pro apps. The problems are the same in both apps. I'm using an iphone SE.

Anyone seeing the same problems with the letest firmware? Or does anyone have any advice to fix the problems?

Thanks

John

2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello John, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I have the color of the right indicator? Did you balance the gimbal before powering on Osmo Mobile?
2017-12-11
Use props
John Gilluley
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-11 07:38
Hello John, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I have the color of the right indicator? Did you balance the gimbal before powering on Osmo Mobile?

Hi Mindy

Thanks for replying. I have solved the problem of the tilt up / down not working. It seems when the firmware updated the 'Pitch Lock' setting turned itself on - stopping the tilt axis. So that is sorted.

However the unit still seems to 'power off' for a few seconds and then wakes up again just after calibration, which is a bit worrying because the gimbal kind of 'collapses' in your hand.

Any advice or thoughts on this?

Thanks

John

2017-12-14
Use props
fans35f28049
New
Canada

Hi. I just got the dji osmo mobil gimbal couple days ago but have some issues already. I use my Iphone 7 plus 120GB, install the DJI GO app but it crash all the times??? It runs about 1-2 mins and crash. Also the phone getting hot. So how can I fix that issue or should I return it? Just bought from BestBuy Canada. Thanks.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

John Gilluley Posted at 2017-12-14 04:23
Hi Mindy

Thanks for replying. I have solved the problem of the tilt up / down not working. It seems when the firmware updated the 'Pitch Lock' setting turned itself on - stopping the tilt axis. So that is sorted.

John, glad to know you figured out the tilt problem.
For the second issue, could you please answer my question in the previous post? A short video would help us to provide better support, thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans35f28049 Posted at 2017-12-14 08:39
Hi. I just got the dji osmo mobil gimbal couple days ago but have some issues already. I use my Iphone 7 plus 120GB, install the DJI GO app but it crash all the times??? It runs about 1-2 mins and crash. Also the phone getting hot. So how can I fix that issue or should I return it? Just bought from BestBuy Canada. Thanks.

Hi Sir, the crash is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again.
Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your re-installation.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules