Any issues of connecting two DJI drones with the same iPad Mini q...
1718 10 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm using my Pixel 1 (8.1.1 beta) to fly my Spark, and use iPad MINI 4 to fly my Mavic respectively. Lately, I've been having some issues with the connection to my Spark (with Pixel). When connected via OTG, the battery and GPS info are unavailable but able to fly without issue. When looking at the flight log, everything shows up normally. I'm suspecting that it's the OTG cable issue, so I tried three more, same situation.

I'm tempted to connect my Spark with the iPad MINI 4 but a bit hesitate to do so, since I ran into an issue a few weeks ago that the iPad MININ 4 was unable to connect to DJI go 4 app with neither my Spark or Mavic. Yet, the problem was resolved when I wipe the iPad, restored it, and everything is back to normal. Everything is working great when connecting my iPad MINI 4 to my Mavic now, but not sure if connecting two drones will (not at the same time, of course) cause any issues.

Anyone with some suggestions or insights will be appreciated.

James
2017-12-11
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1055341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use my iPad or iPhone with my Spark or my Mavic. Both seams to work OK for me. Loads of people are having mixed feedback about the OTG cable and DJI is responding with its not full supported.

2017-12-11
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-12-11 07:37
I use my iPad or iPhone with my Spark or my Mavic. Both seams to work OK for me. Loads of people are having mixed feedback about the OTG cable and DJI is responding with its not full supported.

I see. So in your case, the DJI Go 4 app should automatically switch the drone platform when you establish your initial connection to the craft without much user's action, such as picking the craft model from the menu? Just curious.
2017-12-11
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, or you can just select the drone you flying at that time in the drop down arrow next to your drone picture at the start page.
2017-12-11
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-12-11 08:20
Yes, or you can just select the drone you flying at that time in the drop down arrow next to your drone picture at the start page.

Thank you sir. I might need to give it a try if my Pixel continues to give up on the OTG. Oh yeah. I do realize that DJI does not support OTG connection for the Spark but I personally have had more solid connection (video feed) when connected via wire.
2017-12-11
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very true, I have also tried it and I also get a better feed. I am really enjoying the Spark almost more than my Mavic. The palm launch to get going is so nice and quick. I hope that they make the hand gestures even more sleek.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-11 08:33
Thank you sir. I might need to give it a try if my Pixel continues to give up on the OTG. Oh yeah. I do realize that DJI does not support OTG connection for the Spark but I personally have had more solid connection (video feed) when connected via wire.

Hi, sir. You can use both drones with the same device. The app will identify the drone automatically. Please use wifi connection instead and our engineers are still working on OTG cable. If you have problem in displaying the info, please export the black box and the flight data for further analysis.
2017-12-12
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 03:12
Hi, sir. You can use both drones with the same device. The app will identify the drone automatically. Please use wifi connection instead and our engineers are still working on OTG cable. If you have problem in displaying the info, please export the black box and the flight data for further analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw

Thank you, Elektra. I have a follow up question. I've seen many has stated that DJI does not support OTG for Spark, or has stopped support OTG connectivity for Spark. I hope this is not true as OTG does much more stable connectivity, as far as range and video feed go.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-12 06:40
Thank you, Elektra. I have a follow up question. I've seen many has stated that DJI does not support OTG for Spark, or has stopped support OTG connectivity for Spark. I hope this is not true as OTG does much more stable connectivity, as far as range and video feed go.

We do not support the OTG cable now. Please note that our engineers are working on it. Thanks for your patience.
2017-12-13
Use props
janderEsp
lvl.1

Spain

Well, better that DJI fix the issue with the OTG cable. I've bought it 2 weeks ago and if the company treats their customers like this... I'd rather return it to the shop and ask for refund.  
2017-12-14
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

janderEsp Posted at 2017-12-14 04:50
Well, better that DJI fix the issue with the OTG cable. I've bought it 2 weeks ago and if the company treats their customers like this... I'd rather return it to the shop and ask for refund.

Actually, rolling back to 4.1.15 has fixed the problems. I have no issues after doing so. Give it a shot.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules