2396 22 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys, I was out trying to get a spherical pano of the snow today and while I was out I couldn't get the spark to take the pano images, in fact it wouldn't take any pano shots. A little disappointed I manually got the shots myself. So. After a bit of testing I found the issue. Im running on iPhone app v4.1.18, Spark *.701.
Turns out Max distance was turned on and set to 20m (i needed to keep it restrained because of where I was flying) Turning this off allowed Panoramic mode to work. I guess changing the max distantance stopped it working. I previously had it set to 100m and it has been working just fine.

So.. there you go. If you get the Warning, cannot enter pano mode pop up. Try changing or turning off your max distance.
Admins. It would be nice to let your "engineer's" know about this one
2017-12-11
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Good spot, thanks for the info
2017-12-11
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found that by taking two lots of panos from the same spot and exposing for the sky in the first set and the ground in the second set I could HDR merge them. Came up with this
2017-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-11 09:12
I found that by taking two lots of panos from the same spot and exposing for the sky in the first set and the ground in the second set I could HDR merge them. Came up with this
[view_image]

Good you found it.
And nice shot!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

[view_image]

Hi, sir. Thanks for your feedback. The situation will be forwarded. BTW, the photo is really attractive.
2017-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

[view_image]

Great looks good enough to eat. Lol
2017-12-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

[view_image]

Nice picture!
Looks really cold!
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I very much like the wording of your report and your working on a solution. That is constructive feedback which will help to improve things! Thank you for that. And yes, the picture is great although I still did not yet really get what these "Little Planets" are good for ;-)
2017-12-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-12 10:55
I very much like the wording of your report and your working on a solution. That is constructive feedback which will help to improve things! Thank you for that. And yes, the picture is great although I still did not yet really get what these "Little Planets" are good for ;-)

Thanks for the reply.
Hopefully it will help someone out.
As for little planets. I'm toying with doing a load of small canvas 12"x12" prints and making a feature wall with mine.
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-12 11:05
Thanks for the reply.
As for little planets. I'm toying with doing a load of small canvas 12"x12" prints and making a feature wall with mine.

That sounds interesting indeed and I am getting an idea what you are heading to. Certainly will look nice.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-12 11:05
Thanks for the reply.

Please note that  max distance has no influence on pano mode. If your drone is in P mode and have the problem frequently. The screenshot of the error message is also needed. Please export the flight data and the black box for further analysis.
2017-12-14
Use props
fansdcc36f5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5810 ft
United Kingdom

Eureka!!!!!! The answer at last!!!
I have had this “cannot enter pano mode” problem since September & returned 3 Sparks as faulty because DJI were unable to find a work-around. Just turning off max distance is the solution. It works every time on my 4th Spark. If DJI now publish a list of known bugs they can prevent unnecessary returns.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansdcc36f5c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PS
I understand DJI has a reward scheme for users finding bugs. You definitely deserve a reward from my point of view!
2017-12-15
Use props
xfirf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Great tipp.

I experienced similar issues about not available photo-modes and settings. Next time I will check the flightheight too.

HDR photos are always the best. :-) They should add bracketing-pano-mode.
2017-12-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-14 02:56
Please note that  max distance has no influence on pano mode. If your drone is in P mode and have the problem frequently. The screenshot of the error message is also needed. Please export the flight data and the black box for further analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Funny how it fixes it for others including myself.

As for a reward! I don't think that will happen. I'm still waiting for them to restore my points.
2017-12-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-15 06:56
Funny how it fixes it for others including myself.

As for a reward! I don't think that will happen. I'm still waiting for them to restore my points.

Maybe we should test this on our Sparks, too?
Or is it only on iphones and DJI did test this with Androids?
Or with the CS?
2017-12-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-15 07:19
Maybe we should test this on our Sparks, too?
Or is it only on iphones and DJI did test this with Androids?
Or with the CS?

It would be great if others could test this out too. Try max distance on and start at minimum distance and work up by 5m to see if there is a minimum max distance before it will allow panos. It worked for me previously when I had it at 100m so I'm guessing its <100m, if its dry later I'll be testing it out while screen recording.
2017-12-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-15 07:25
It would be great if others could test this out too. Try max distance on and start at minimum distance and work up by 5m to see if there is a minimum max distance before it will allow panos. It worked for me previously when I had it at 100m so I'm guessing its

I can tell that it is working with a 1000+ max distance setting.
Will try to think on this, when flying again.
But with 100/50/75 or such. Instead of 5m steps ;-)
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdcc36f5c Posted at 2017-12-15 05:20
Eureka!!!!!! The answer at last!!!
I have had this “cannot enter pano mode” problem since September & returned 3 Sparks as faulty because DJI were unable to find a work-around. Just turning off max distance is the solution. It works every time on my 4th Spark. If DJI now publish a list of known bugs they can prevent unnecessary returns.

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice in 11# and provide the needed information to locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-16
Use props
fansdcc36f5c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As requsted here are log files & screenshots from flight with & without “max distance” switch on.
Dropbox link :-
https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAD3K0rf7riE3Ex6uLJ1APec-xEfbF7v-7E

2017-12-16
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168022 ft
Austria

Hey there... just had the same problem today. On the Mavic though.... But I don't have any max-distance set and max-height was set to 500.
I was flying on the top of a mountain (about 2200m) and the drone was about 30m in front and 30m above. I tried to make a spherical pano but it wouldn't let me...
In german the Error was "WARNUNG: Pano-Modus konnte nicht aufgerufen werden" but I guess it's the same as "Cannot enter pano mode".
Should I also provide you some logs? If so, which ones? The ones I can gather with the Mac-Desktop Tool?
2017-12-25
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bliblablo Posted at 2017-12-25 11:58
Hey there... just had the same problem today. On the Mavic though.... But I don't have any max-distance set and max-height was set to 500.
I was flying on the top of a mountain (about 2200m) and the drone was about 30m in front and 30m above. I tried to make a spherical pano but it wouldn't let me...
In german the Error was "WARNUNG: Pano-Modus konnte nicht aufgerufen werden" but I guess it's the same as "Cannot enter pano mode".

did it not say "thanks for your support"
2017-12-25
Use props
millermikel
New

United States

5 Years later, you made my day! :-) Had just the same issue today. Pano didnt work - obviously because of max distance. Set from 30m to 500m - Pano worked perfectly :-). Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, DJI didn't get rid of that problem during 5 Years... :-(
2023-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules