Summit Link Mount for 10 Inch IPAD - HELP
2444 30 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

I just received the UCTOPFPV Sunhood for the phantom 2 ( 10 or 7 inch )    X000NY4XDT.    I am trying to hook it up to my phantom 2 (V3) remote control.  The diagram shows I need to hook the mounting clamp to the angled bracket that comes with the phantom transmitter.   My angled bracket has a clamp on it for the iphone or galaxy similar to a oversized clothes pin.  ( see attached photo )

How do I get this thing to mount??  

mount.JPG
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Take out the screw from the phone holder ball mount clamp apart and use it to mount to the bottom ring of the new clamp.
2015-4-15
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

OK.  Thanks.  That works!
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Take the ball mount clamp off the phone holder from the red circle and attach the 2 parts to where the green circle is and screw back together.
tablet map.jpg
2015-4-15
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

You're not going to use the big clothes pin!

Take the nut off the back of the big piece. Put that "ball mount" over the ball, slide up the nut that's already there, and screw onto the big piece.... Note that it'll be "backwards" - You're looking down at it, so "righty-tighty, lefty_loosey" does not apply..... ;)

The mount is sprung loaded - Pull top & Bottom, slip 'er in, and let go. Done.

Adjust for a comfortable balance - I haven't got mine with me now, but IIRC, I turned it "upside down" - It puts the pad over the left stick, but it's cool, and the balance is better, at least for me.

Then tighten everything down - You don't want it going droopy in flight! ;)

Cheers,
Ian
2015-4-15
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-16 07:34
Take out the screw from the phone holder ball mount clamp apart and use it to mount to the bottom ri ...

You are, of course correct! It was that part that allowed me two options for location IIRC?
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I have 2 of the same clamp.
file 5.jpg
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-4-16 07:46
You are, of course correct!  It was that part that allowed me two options for location IIRC?

I have a 10 inch tablet and the center mount didn't give me any clearance from the tx.  I epoxied the part to the back of the clamp because the tablet set so high, it wanted to bend the plastic out from the bottom if it leaned over backward.  I was afraid it might break.
2015-4-15
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-16 07:52
I have a 10 inch tablet and the center mount didn't give me any clearance from the tx.  I epoxied  ...

Gotcha.

Two is good!......

I'd post a pic of mine if I had it with me.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Here's how I did mine. Easily change to any tablet or phone. Homemade but works great!

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

I can't figure out this picture stuff for the life of me! Arrrghhhh!
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-16 08:21
I can't figure out this picture stuff for the life of me! Arrrghhhh!

Use the bottom square and click on the paperclip.  Add photo and some writing in the square.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

test, test, test
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Click on the paperclip and select your picture.  You will see it listed right above the post reply button
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

It doesn't work that way for me.
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-16 08:43
It doesn't work that way for me.

That rots  
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Maybe I'm not allowed. I tried the paperclip, the picture box, multiple times. Tried just copying to the clipboard and pasting, nothing...
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Ruh Roh....
Did you try copy this: C:\Temp\iPad Mount\IMG_5161.JPG    Open the little picture box.
Then paste it into the address box?
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-16 08:53
Ruh Roh....
Did you try copy this: C:\Temp\iPad Mount\IMG_5161.JPG    Open the little picture box.
T ...

That's what I did Ray. Bro, we've been spouting about using computers with wordstar and floppies. I'm not a total dunce when it comes to computers. It just plain doesn't work. At least not on this computer. I'll try the other one next time.:@

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Forget it, no pictures from me!
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Just checking.......we're good? Probably your browser....cookies...cache
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

pic 1  click on paperclip, you will see pic 2

double click pic and you will see pic 3 with the pic listed

add text here and post reply
pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg
pic 3.jpg
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

I just don't get it. Should be so simple. All's good, just no pics.

At least I still get to do the little dumb faces!

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-16 08:45
Maybe I'm not allowed. I tried the paperclip, the picture box, multiple times. Tried just copying to ...

Here's 3 pics to help
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Okay, one more time...Click paperclip...select file from drive...file in box...select open button...nothing...I don't get screen #3. I don't get the item that you have circled in screen #3, it just kicks me back to this box in the thread. No worry, I don't want to waste anymore of everyone's time with this. Thanks Gerry, at least I know that yours looks different. Obviously, mine isn't picking up the file.

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-16 09:26
Okay, one more time...Click paperclip...select file from drive...file in box...select open button... ...

That's sad
2015-4-15
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

Thanks to all for the help.  I got it installed and can't wait to try it out.  I will be nice being able to see.  The iphone screen is so small.
2015-4-15
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Jerry... the problem is not what your doing!!!  The problem is that the picture is too large.   What program do you use to view your pictures on your computer??  I may be able to walk you thru it IF that program has an option to reduce the file size.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-16 11:15
Jerry... the problem is not what your doing!!!  The problem is that the picture is too large.   What ...

Bahama,

I can reduce the picture sizes. Do you know what the limits are? What works well? You may be right, it slipped my mind and I didn't even think about it until I read your post. I'm going to try it right now. You got it, Brother! Reduced it and it went right in! I always put my cameras on the highest setting, you can always reduce but you can't expand. Damn, I can't believe I missed that!

Thanks for the help,

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

GLAD you got it!  I don't know the limits but from what I've uploaded, I think they need to be under 1 MB.   
TEAMWORK!!!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules