731 4 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5c6278cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3661640 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, On 8 December 2017 the newly acquired inspire2 drone had a serious anomaly during a very simple landing operation. Because of this anomaly it has self-destructed and caused us deep wounds.  Description of the event: As you can see from the attachment, the drone had to approach the villa to be caught in flight by an experienced operator. For the purpose of video shooting, the engines had to stop their rotation so the drone could enter "by hand" in the room by completing the sequence plan required by the director. When the engine was switched off, the drone began to react as if it were to resume altitude. Several times I tried to finish the flight but the drone did not respond to the commands and continued to increase the revs of the engines more and more in spite of my switching maneuvers. In the meantime, the propellers began to break, bumping on the operator's gloves. With the broken propellers and engines that kept spinning faster and faster, the drone began to vibrate until the arms broke and the operator's wrists were dislocated. He continued to hold it with all his strength to prevent it from starting uncontrollably. 2 engines stopped working one at a time giving a burning smell. I was able to finish the rotation of the other 2 engines only by disconnecting the batteries, which was a very complex operation due to the high number of turns of the propellers left on and the strong vibrations. Thanks to the skill of the operator, we managed not to cause damage to people present and buildings of considerable historical interest. The x5s camera should not have been damaged because the operator managed to keep the drone despite the very strong vibrations so it did not hit anywhere.It's possible?????

2017-12-11
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

No attachment
2017-12-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I can not believe what you are telling us, actually happened. "During a very simple landing operation"? Very simple? How were these engines "switched off"? I can only assume you performed  a CSC, in which case, you commanded it to yaw right whilst descending, moving backwards and banking to the left, the AC was,  no doubt trying to comply but as your "experienced operator" was restraining it from following your commands, the aircraft, sensing it was not moving as it should, increased the revs to the motors, trying harder to comply with the input given to the sticks. I am not sure what your experienced operator's wrists are made of but the I2 does not have anything like the sort of power needed to dislocate a man's wrist. I can only imagine your post is a script from some scary horror movie about a possessed drone.

There is no attachment.
Please post flight data and if possible, upload data to Airdata.com and post a link here.

Mark G.
2017-12-11
Use props
Wihr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 373018 ft
Netherlands

Sorry to hear that your second operator was injured.

Did you (the drone operator) use the safety hard motor stop? If not, this ought to be a clear reason why you'd need that option selected at all times when flying.

I've had this happen a few times as well when catching the Inspire 2 by hand and even when landing it on solid ground. It's most likely the landing protection kicking in from the way you describe the event.
Before every flight you'll need to make sure it's all safe and the settings are in the correct position for the flight you are to perform.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Sorry to hear about the accident. Can you post the attachment again? Please take care of the wound and go to hospital as soon as possible. I hope the operator can recover soon. In your case, please contact our support first and start a case, you can tell us the case number once you get the it. Here is the link of contacting our support: http://www.dji.com/support. I would forward it to our designated department and follow the situation. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules