Brand new to Mavic Pro - Ipad Air??
1687 8 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nomadarmy
lvl.1

United States

Hello all - I literally got into drones this past weekend...picked up a Parrot bebop super cheap...flew it around my area and just loved it..starting doing research yesterday...and long story short I have a Mavic Pro combo coming my way....

I'm not up on the latest iPad or iPhone...my phone is a SE (basically a iphone5) and my ipad is a iPad Air wifi (1) 16GB ...will those work with the drone? I really do not want to have to go out and get a different iPad.. ....will if I have to but will not be a new one...will end up gettg ina used ipad mini that will do the job

thanks in advance for the help

2017-12-11
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Welcome new Dronie! Look here down the page below the manuals. Basically any IOS device with A7 cpu or better will work. 5S and up (not 5 or 5C), iPad Mini 2 and up. iPad Mini 4 seems to be a favorite for dedicated devices. Lots of power and fits the controller correctly, and stores in the Fly More bag.
2017-12-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, I have iPad mini and iPhone 5s and have no issues
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey Noma, welcome to the world of Mavic Pro! Both of your devices is on the support list, so they can work with DJI GO 4 well. No worries. But I would also suggest that you can read the manual or watch some tutorials to learn something about the Mavic previously if you have time. Click here to the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX
2017-12-12
Use props
Nomadarmy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 02:04
Hey Noma, welcome to the world of Mavic Pro! Both of your devices is on the support list, so they can work with DJI GO 4 well. No worries. But I would also suggest that you can read the manual or watch some tutorials to learn something about the Mavic previously if you have time. Click here to the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist ... sG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

thanks ! will do!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You are welcome. And should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats and welcome. I use an iPhone 7+ - amazing screen and perfect fit for the Mavic. When you are in a position to upgrade your mobile consider the 7+ - prices have dropped too since the 8 and X
2017-12-13
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

They should both work, but since they both are older devices, the processing power and ram memory may cause problems, especially with newer software. Plenty of posts on this and the other forum that will give you more insight.
2017-12-13
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

I have been using a IPAD AIR for a good while . . . I love the size of the screens !!!   I did pick up a nice pad holder that locks onto the controller. The cord I found is the perfect length to plug into the controller at the bottom and make it comfortably around to the end of the Ipad with little excess.  NOTE: . . Just make sure you IPAD is full charged when you go out . . if your IPAD runs out of power . . your flying blind . . . but fear not . . your return to home feature will still work . . (IFFF . . you have enough power and your height is high enough to clear the trees) . . sooooo good luck.
PS . . I had my IPAD go dark "once" . . did not keep track of its power though the DJI software was flashing me warnings . . my bad . . but when it went BLACK . . . my heart stopped . . . fortunately . . I was on my way back and was able to spot it above some trees and I brought it home safely. It was a lesson learned so don't forget !!!
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules